Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
Satan -- Philadelphia, PA -- April 14th, 2014
Dave Mustaine with San Diego Symphony -- San Diego, CA -- April 12th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-16-2009, 08:18 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by UR555_IM666 View Post
Hey anyone catch the Vancouver show April 8th at UBC? I think we were shorted 3 songs...? LOG was AWESOME!!!! Didn't think the other bands got much volume...could hardly hear the vocals! Too bad Vancouver didn't get Devil Driver...we got As I lay Dying!

BTW - Britney Spears fans...we had enough POT to cover YA!!!
When I caught them out in Phoenix, they played 19 songs 7 cut it back to 16 with LA the following night. The songs they removed were Decending, Omerta & Vigil. When I see them in Detroit May 6, I expect it to be the 16 song show. Hopefully when I see them at GrasPop in June they'll pull some other songs out. www.graspop.be It's One HELLUVA European Festival Experience!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Legend View Post
When I caught them out in Phoenix, they played 19 songs 7 cut it back to 16 with LA the following night. The songs they removed were Decending, Omerta & Vigil. When I see them in Detroit May 6, I expect it to be the 16 song show. Hopefully when I see them at GrasPop in June they'll pull some other songs out. www.graspop.be It's One HELLUVA European Festival Experience!
any idea why they played more in pheonix?
Old 04-16-2009, 09:54 PM
offerer of anomalistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_halperin View Post

Municipal Waste ... The crowd didn't seem into them. 'Nuff said.
what a shitty crowd
Old 04-17-2009, 06:19 AM
Headbanger

I agree Sacrament doesn't even touch Wrath. I actually like Ashes of the Wake & As the Palaces Burn more than Sacrament personally. I need the speed and faster songs and Sacrament plods along too often for my taste. Plus lyrically it is ungodly repetative and simplistic at times. Even Redneck falls victim to these things even though I really like the song.

Wrath is a total masterpiece. It encompasses the best of their early work and the different compositions of Sacrament. The time changes and riff structures are some of the best my ears have ever heard. The 3 bonus tracks (found on torrentportal if anyone wants them) are solid but the last one Condemn the Hive should have made the cd. It's one of my favorite LOG songs. The others are called We die alone and Shoulder of your God which I think may have been on the memory stick if you bought the vinyl package.

Several people called Sacrament their South of Heaven where they switched directions and that's a fair analogy but if so, Wrath is their Reign in Blood. The pinnacle album of their career that they will always be remembered for. When it's all said and done Wrath will be remembered as one of the best cd's ever made in my not so humble opinion.

May 11th can't get here soon enough!
Old 04-17-2009, 06:24 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I agree Sacrament doesn't even touch Wrath. I actually like Ashes of the Wake & As the Palaces Burn more than Sacrament personally. I need the speed and faster songs and Sacrament plods along too often for my taste. Plus lyrically it is ungodly repetative and simplistic at times. Even Redneck falls victim to these things even though I really like the song.

Wrath is a total masterpiece. It encompasses the best of their early work and the different compositions of Sacrament. The time changes and riff structures are some of the best my ears have ever heard. The 3 bonus tracks (found on torrentportal if anyone wants them) are solid but the last one Condemn the Hive should have made the cd. It's one of my favorite LOG songs. The others are called We die alone and Shoulder of your God which I think may have been on the memory stick if you bought the vinyl package.

Several people called Sacrament their South of Heaven where they switched directions and that's a fair analogy but if so, Wrath is their Reign in Blood. The pinnacle album of their career that they will always be remembered for. When it's all said and done Wrath will be remembered as one of the best cd's ever made in my not so humble opinion.

May 11th can't get here soon enough!
All of their albums are on the same level for me: godly.

you have no clue how hard it was to rank. nag introduced them to america. atbp confirmed their introduction. aotw made them famous. sacrament made them very famous. Wrath made them quite possibly one of the most famous metal bands ever to exist. imo they have only improved over time. nag was a masterpiece, and so is wrath, but im probably saying that cuz they're my favorite band. My point is their whole carreer will be remembered more than the album Wrath.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:40 AM
Headbanger

Very true but all bands seem to be defined by an album or an era. If you go to a Slayer show and ask every person there what their favorite Slayer album is I'd think close to half would say Reign in Blood. I personally love Hell Awaits also but Reign is their crowning moment and that's what Wrath is to me. Every album LOG puts out after this will be compared to Wrath. That's what I meant.

The newest trend (started by Dio I think) is bands playing their best albums in their entirety at shows. 1st Dio doing Holy Diver and now I heard Queensryche is doing the entire Rage For Order this tour and Judas Priest is doing British Steel in it's entirety. Not that British Steel is their best album but just making a point.

I'm already longing for the day LOG plays Wrath in it's entirety if it ever happens. I'd be the assclown screaming for Condemn the Hive while people are going WTF? hahahaha
Old 04-17-2009, 09:07 AM
offerer of anomalistics

Reign in Blood is probably the definitive Slayer album, though I think Show No Mercy is the best
Old 04-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I'm already longing for the day LOG plays Wrath in it's entirety if it ever happens. I'd be the assclown screaming for Condemn the Hive while people are going WTF? hahahaha
i wanna see aotw in entirety. we got pretty close to seeing all of wrath. only exclusions were "Fake Messiah," "Everything to Nothing," and "Choke Sermon" plus bonus tracks.

Tags
children of bodom, god forbid, lamb of god, municipal waste