Municipal Waste -- Echo Park, CA -- July 25th, 2014
Masked Intruder -- Kansas City, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Machine Head -- Springfield, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Downset -- Albany, NY -- July 24th, 2014
Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-04-2009, 12:35 AM
Headbanger

yea fuck the bitching. the ones who bitch already know what the set is gonna be, still they get some kind of enjoyment in bitching again and again in every fuckin thread.

Best fuckin show i've ever seen, and will ever see in my life

I was on the rail towards the left, in front of Dave, Adrian and Steve. Sung along and made eye contact with Steve for each and every word. He gave me his wrist band in the end too

And by the way, they were supposed to do a second encore. thats why the house lights were not turned on immmediately after Sanctuary. they were out of time (11 o clock curfew) thats why they decided to wrap it up. otherwise they usually play an extra song on the last show of a tour. anyway, unbelievably fuckin awesome show!!!!! It was worth the long(ish) flight from LA
Old 04-04-2009, 10:24 AM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 04-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Voodoo Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
Tour: Somewhere Back in Time Tour, Final Show
Headliner: Iron Maiden
Support: Lauren Harris
Venue: Bank Atlantic Center, Ft. Lauderdale, USA
Date: April 2nd, 2009
Attended With: es156, Jeremysaal
Hey man! Great to meet you in Florida! What an awesome show! Your first Maiden show was one of my personal favorites. Ignore all of the negativity on this post (as I see that you have) and take pride in the fact that you were in a sacred place. The set list was awesome. This was my third show from this leg (4th) and I had more fun there than I did at at the other two. The crowd kicked ass, along with the band! Nothing beats jumping up and down to Phantom Of The Opera and Hallowed Be Thy Name. Plus we were just a couple of people off the rail!

Thanks again for helping me up after I tried for my second Nicko stick of the night! I almost had that one too, but some punk next to me tried to snatch the drumstick that I already caught and had possession of. I earned a couple of new bruises for that stick!

Man, that place was so damn hot! Everyone did well though and fortunately, I didn't see anyone pass out.

Your dad was cool! He knew his metal and was proud to be there with his people!

We will all have to do this again sometime!

Have a good one!

Jeremy

Last edited by jeremysaal; 04-04-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:58 AM
D.B.B.

wow i'm late on this!!

first off, stop making maiden33 look like darth vader on this thread. he has a damn good point. i have boots from pretty much every maiden tour ever and yes they have gotten lazy with the set. i'm not even going to come close to lying, i loved the forum and irvine shows, and i wish i could have been at the flordia show, but still, the set still lacks some.

and for those of you who don't know, this tour wasn't only centered around live after death, but also maiden england being re-released, but that never happened. so this tour should have gotten more powerslave-seventh son material.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:16 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
wow i'm late on this!!

first off, stop making maiden33 look like darth vader on this thread. he has a damn good point. i have boots from pretty much every maiden tour ever and yes they have gotten lazy with the set. i'm not even going to come close to lying, i loved the forum and irvine shows, and i wish i could have been at the flordia show, but still, the set still lacks some.

and for those of you who don't know, this tour wasn't only centered around live after death, but also maiden england being re-released, but that never happened. so this tour should have gotten more powerslave-seventh son material.
Thank you.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Voodoo Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post

Best fuckin show i've ever seen, and will ever see in my life

I was on the rail towards the left, in front of Dave, Adrian and Steve. Sung along and made eye contact with Steve for each and every word. He gave me his wrist band in the end too
Man, we must have been right by you. We were behind the tall guy with the black Maiden hat on backwards and the big guy with the shaved head. We were between them and the fine looking woman with the blue maiden soccer jersey on. Man, if we knew, we would have smacked you on the head or something!

Have a good one!

Last edited by jeremysaal; 04-04-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
wow i'm late on this!!

Except Maiden England never got re-released.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
It will get released, since this tour is over Maiden will most likely take a long break and then begin work on an album. How do you keep the buzz about a band going during such a long downtime? Release Maiden England. Rod Smallwood and the band know what they're doing. Just wait and see, it will come out.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 04-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysaal View Post
Man, we must have been right by you. We were behind the tall guy with the black Maiden hat on backwards and the big guy with the shaved head. We were between them and the fine looking woman with the blue maiden soccer jersey on. Man, if we knew, we would have smacked you on the head or something!

Have a good one!
right on!! yea the hot girl with the blue jersey was just behind me .. you were a couple of rows behind me then
Old 04-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
wow i'm late on this!!

fuck that. every Maiden set is awesome thats why they are my favorite band I would go see them no matter what songs they play

Tags
iron maiden