Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-25-2009, 10:41 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Killswitch Engage -- Kansas City, MO -- March 22nd, 2009

Music As A Weapon IV
Kansas City, MO
Uptown Theatre

Well it took awhile to find out how you can improve the Music As A Weapon Tour. Get lucky enough to go to one of the shows when Disturbed has a day off. I'm not sure how it was setup in other areas but I was surprised the 2nd stage stuff was setup outside and more surprised it was actually free to get into. Very happy to get there to find out Chimaira was signing and only had to wait in line for not even 15 mins. Everybody from the band was signing except that Mark was not there.

That was probably one of the few 2nd stage highlights. Crooked X did a god awful version of "Another Brick In The Wall" good god was that horrible. Born Of Osiris was after them and all I heard was screaming and breakdowns and the occasional keyboard. I was hoping Bury Your Dead would atleast be there even though I'm not the biggest fan but it was still better than what was there. I'll admit I was pretty excited about Spineshank playing even though the majority of people on here would probably not share that sentiment. Never did see them when they were around orginally. This is what I remember them playing in order. Might have another song or 2 left out but these are in order.

Asthmatic
Synthetic
New Disease
Violent Mood Swings
*A New Song I Don't Remember*
Height Of Callousness

They didn't do too bad of a job considering the majority of people left to get in line for the mainstage anyway. I think its a step up from when Johnny did Silent Civilian. When I got in I figured Chimaira would end up getting screwed w/ an opening spot and play like 20 minutes but instead it was Lacuna Coil which I was fine w/. Which is good because I do enjoy Lacuna Coil but sometimes gets a bit old after awhile. I'm pretty sure this was their setlist:

To The Edge
Fragments Of Faith
Spellbound
Swamped
Not Enough
Our Truth

Really didn't seem like they even really played long. Seemed like 20-25 minutes is all. Was hoping they would have cut out maybe 1 new song but they are tryin to promote their new album so what are you gonna do? I really wanted to have them do their Depeche Mode cover but got disapointed. Guess I'll live. Still a pretty good performance. Now for my reason for going. Chimaira easily one of my favorite bands to watch and they are more brutal each time I see them. Pretty sure these are close to being in order:

Power Trip
The Flame
Nothing Remains
Secrets Of The Dead
Killing The Beast
Severed
Destroy And Dominate
Pure Hatred
Resurrection

Totally amazing performance yet again. Finally got to here them play "The Flame" which was a big highlight for me. The vocals for Mark were pretty crappy for almost all of Powertrip and you couldn't hear anything through first verse at all. Vocals still didn't seem that turned up for whole set. I was very impressed @ both new songs that were played. Can't wait for The Infection to come out!!! I'm still never always satisfied b/c there is always songs I wanted to hear. Maybe "Save Ourselves" or "Inside The Horror" but still what was played was amazing, hearing "The Flame" made my night already.

As far as Killswitch goes I'm kind of hot and cold w/ them. They do some stuff that I absolutely love but there is stuff they do I really hate. I was impressed @ their stage setup w/ the video monitors behind them. Glad to see Adam D this time around as last time I saw them was when Pat from Damageplan filled in b/c Adam was hurt. I was hoping for a cape of some sort from Adam but got disapointed.

A Bid Farewell
When Darkness Falls
Fixation On The Darkness
This Is Absolution
Rose Of Sharyn
The Arms Of Sorrow
My Last Serenade
Take This Oath
*New Song*
My Curse
End Of Heartache
--------------------------
Holy Diver

That is pretty close to the setlist I can remember. I don't know to the names of the songs I don't care for as much. Wasn't very thrilled w/ the new track that was played. Seemed like some watered down version of "End Of Heartache" or something. They seem to go downhill w/ each album as I'm sure several will agree w/ me on that. I assume they didn't do anything after Holy Diver as I left while they were doing an extended jam. Not sure why they didn't play "Daylight Dies" as thats the only song I like from them they didn't play.

Still overall a pretty amazing show. Especially seeing Disturbed taking the day off. All they would have done was raise ticket prices another $10-15 anyway and bring out an even less intelligent KC crowd then what already showed up. Can't wait for the mighty Exodus on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 09:00 AM
N00B

Chimaira actually did Killing the Beast? I don't think they have ever played that live. Maybe you mistaken it for a new song. Nice review. Thanks.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:59 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

I might have mistaken it for another song but I do know that they only played the 2 new ones I listed.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Nice sets, thanks a lot, good review as well. PLEASE put up the Exodus/Kreator sets, I'm really anxious to see how the sets will change (if at all) for the US tour! Warbringer's would be cool too.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
Nice sets, thanks a lot, good review as well. PLEASE put up the Exodus/Kreator sets, I'm really anxious to see how the sets will change (if at all) for the US tour! Warbringer's would be cool too.
It's an Exodus off-date, so it's just them and Warbringer. I should be there too.
10/27 - DJ Qbert
10/29 - Real Friends
Old 03-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
It's an Exodus off-date, so it's just them and Warbringer. I should be there too.
Oh yea, I forgot about that date. Unfortunately I cant make it due to its distance/day

At least I'll get to see em at the Nokia show! Can't wait...

Tags
chimaira, killswitch engage, lacuna coil, spineshank