The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-14-2007, 05:11 PM
N00B

Killswitch Engage -- St. Louis, MO -- March 5th, 2007

I went to see the No Fear Music tour on Saturday with KSE, Dragonforce, Chimaira, and He Is Legend.

He Is Legend opened up the show. Not the best, but not bad. I don't know any of the songs they played, as even though I was close to the soundboard, there was no set list on the board (for any of the bands for that matter) like there is many times. So all I can tell you is that they played 6 songs and from what I could gather from the lead singer, 3 of them were from their latest album, Suck Out the Poison.

Chimaira was on next. I have seen them many times by now as an opening band, and I must say, they do seem to get better every time. When I first saw them, I didn't care for them at all. But they have won me over to the point that I do enjoy seeing them now. They also played 6 songs. Again, don't know all, but I do know they opened up with the title track of their new album, Resurrection, and they also played Pleasure in Pain of that album as well. They close with Pure Hatred. But again, I don't know the other 3 songs.

Dragonforce was on next. Now I have to admit, I am a fan of this band. But my friend isn't really, or at least not as much as me. But he even admitted that they put on a good show. We both agreed it was kind of nice seeing a band on stage just having some fun and enjoying themselves. Their set list was the same as was posted for their NY show, but here it is again anyway:

Revolution Deathsquad
Fury Of The Storm
Operation Ground And Pound
My Spirit Will Go On
Through The Fire And Flames
Valley Of The Damned

Then last obviously was Killswitch Engage. Their stage set up was nothing too special. They had a riser on each side of the drum kit that led to an elevated walkway between the two up behind the drums. They also had two different backdrop curtains they used. I was a little worried when I first heard that Adam Dutkiewicz would not be touring with them due to recovering from his back surgery. But then when I found out Pat Lachman would be filling in, I wasn't too worried. As is turned out, I was right not to worry, as they didn't miss a beat with Pat playing the lead guitar that night. I was thinking that just for the heck of it they might play at least a part of a DamagePlan song, but they didn't. So below is the setlist. Now, just a quick warning, I forgot to bring a pen/pencil into the show to write the setlist down. And after about the sixth song, I realized I probably wasn't going to be able to remember the exact order of the entire set. So instead I just concentrated on making sure I remembered the songs off each album that they played. So while some of these songs may be a bit out of order, the setlist is correct.

Daylight Dies
A Bid Farewell
Life to Lifeless
My Curse
Rose of Sharyn
Numbered Days
Still Beats Your Name
Take This Oath
When Darkness Falls
Fixation on the Darkness
This is Absolution
Darkest Days (CM Punk's entrance song for those ECW fans out there)
Breathe Life
The End of Heartache
------------------------------
My Last Serenade
Holy Diver

So there you go. I have to admit, the one thing I was the most surprised about was that they ended with covering Dio's Holy Diver. Now don't get me wrong, I am a huge Dio fan, love that song, and they actually did a very good cover of it. But I'm just surprised they ended on that. So overall a great show I thought, and I'll have to remember to bring in something to write with to the Sevendust show I'm going to tomorrow.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:32 AM
metal as fuck

dude the CM Punk song is actually called This Fire Burns
but cheers for the setlist
Old 03-22-2009, 01:05 PM
N00B

Do what I do at most concerts, if you have a cellphone, just text yourself the set list.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaB81285 View Post
Do what I do at most concerts, if you have a cellphone, just text yourself the set list.
Sometimes that's not very plausible, though. I know I've used it a few times, like at NEMHF 07 I put each setlist into notes on my phone for the bands I knew, but I was also farther back, standing near the soundboard. Most shows I'm up front on the rail, though, and if you're up there you're really not in any position to take your phone out every few songs.

But this is a very good idea for anyone who prefers to stand off to the side, instead of having to bring in paper and all that.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:04 AM
N00B

Pretty solid show on this tour

Im going to see Dragonforce in May so im listening a lot

Chimaira was meh for me after their first show in town

And yes weird about the Dio's song, My Last Serenade was a better choice for me :P
Old 03-23-2009, 08:06 AM
N00B

Wow, I remember this show from 2 years ago.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:23 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
Sometimes that's not very plausible, though. I know I've used it a few times, like at NEMHF 07 I put each setlist into notes on my phone for the bands I knew, but I was also farther back, standing near the soundboard. Most shows I'm up front on the rail, though, and if you're up there you're really not in any position to take your phone out every few songs.

But this is a very good idea for anyone who prefers to stand off to the side, instead of having to bring in paper and all that.
Yeah, luckily the past few concerts I've been too I haven't needed too (I wouldn't even have tried at the Soilwork show since I was up at the very front.) But yeah, I normally stand back/off to the side anyway...I like to enjoy the band's music/performance instead of having to watch my head for crowd surfers and protecting from moshing.

Tags
chimaira, dragonforce, killswitch engage