Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014
HIM -- Silver Spring, MD -- December 12th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 04-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Regretting my username

Yeah..but why didnt you just post it where The Metal Police hangout?
Old 04-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Cos this was only a first draft, I wanted some feedback on it first, so I used this website as a sandbox.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Cos this was only a first draft, I wanted some feedback on it first, so I used this website as a sandbox.
o ok
Old 07-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

I necromanced this because I think it's a relevant key in regards to which bands' setlists to post and whose setlists not to post. The "Hard Rock" tier I think is as far as people should go. I mean, yea Deep Purple and Thin Lizzy aren't exactly "metal" but I don't think anybody is going to complain about them being posted here.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:12 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

In fairness, I think Lady Gaga is crossing the line.. But I don't really mind what setlists get posted anyway, most people here don't listen to JUST metal anyway.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
In fairness, I think Lady Gaga is crossing the line.. But I don't really mind what setlists get posted anyway, most people here don't listen to JUST metal anyway.
I mean, I love Billy Joel and The Rolling Stones, but if I saw their setlists posted here, I'd be like...

Well truth be told, at first I'd be like

but then I'd be
Old 07-18-2010, 06:53 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
I mean, I love Billy Joel and The Rolling Stones, but if I saw their setlists posted here, I'd be like...

Well truth be told, at first I'd be like

but then I'd be
Well, true, but those guys, specially the stones, influenced most metal anyway..

I don't think theres any way of regulating what gets posted, just leave it be, theres common sense used ove half the time at the very least anyway.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:57 PM
In Search of Truth

The problem is not one of personal discretion, because just about everyone here has that. Obviously no one posting here is mindfucked enough to believe that lady Gaga is remotely metal in any way/shape/form. I've been here long enough to realize how this trend works. Every year or two, something comes along that is blatantly un-metal, and a small group of people (usually led by Brad, no offense) latches onto it, and for some stupid fucking reason they just insist on turning it into this big "open-mindedness" war, which it just doesn't need to be. It's not that they're trying to claim it's something it's not, it just turns into this stupid: "Well let's stick it to those close-minded ass holes who only like metal" war which is just about the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
The problem is not one of personal discretion, because just about everyone here has that. Obviously no one posting here is mindfucked enough to believe that lady Gaga is remotely metal in any way/shape/form. I've been here long enough to realize how this trend works. Every year or two, something comes along that is blatantly un-metal, and a small group of people (usually led by Brad, no offense) latches onto it, and for some stupid fucking reason they just insist on turning it into this big "open-mindedness" war, which it just doesn't need to be. It's not that they're trying to claim it's something it's not, it just turns into this stupid: "Well let's stick it to those close-minded ass holes who only like metal" war which is just about the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Custom User Title

This is overall good, nothing major that I'd change really.