Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 04-11-2009, 08:30 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Boris can suck a dick. The M-A crowd are a bunch of douches. Love the site, but get a life.
They also probably makeup a majority of the TMP. Fuck, maybe I should post this list there. The forum would probably explode! (and subsequently go down for another week or two ).
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04-11-2009, 08:49 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
(and subsequently go down for another week or two ).
The bain of my existence!!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-11-2009, 08:49 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
Thought you meant the band for a second, was about to e-rape you.
Hell no, man. I love Boris.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Boris can suck a dick. The M-A crowd are a bunch of douches. Love the site, but get a life.
i disagree

alot of his reviews are on the level and generally entertaining to read.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,928
The whole list is just generally a joke. There's a lot you have right, but there's certainly a lot that you can't begin to treat like fact. I really detest ANYONE who acts like they are somehow able to look at everything from an omniscient godlike perspective with knowledge of everything and no bias. It's really pretentious garbage. I disagree far more with the principle of you even doing this than I do about anything on the actual list, as much as I hate some of that.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-11-2009, 10:29 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
The whole list is just generally a joke. There's a lot you have right, but there's certainly a lot that you can't begin to treat like fact. I really detest ANYONE who acts like they are somehow able to look at everything from an omniscient godlike perspective with knowledge of everything and no bias. It's really pretentious garbage. I disagree far more with the principle of you even doing this than I do about anything on the actual list, as much as I hate some of that.
It's not his opinions...
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04-11-2009, 11:17 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
I've seen many many horrible bands live. Job For A Cowboy was the worst by far.
Maybe you're just too cool. I hate their music but I've seen them on two separate package tours and they played live good enough to make up for it.
__________________
8/20 High on Fire 4free
8/24 NIN/Soundgarden
11/16 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 04-12-2009, 06:14 AM
Mancubus Mancubus is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 35
Ultraboris is a hack. He hasn't written a review in years and hates Morbid Angel and Faith No More but likes Cradle of Filth. In fact, his method of reviewing was by comparing everything to how much it sounded like Dark Angel. Anybody who says Pete Sandoval has no talent shouldn't be taken seriously.

Also, isn't the idea of metal opposition to bad faith and being yourself? Creating a personality cult = not metal if not an outright secular RELIGION based upon someone who's real name you don't even know. the only reason why people taker him seriously is taht he hated almost anything not made in the 80s.

Also, I thought that Kerry King of Slayer who has defined what is means to be metal by putting out kickass music (as long as Dave Lombardo is in the band. No comment about the albums without him) was teh voice of the TMP. Yeah, he trashed LoG which makes it fine to keep it in the low tier, but he only hated the NU Machine Head albums since that's when he started trashing Flynn.

In short, UltraBoris is just some guy behind a screen who designs signs for a living. In fact, he never listened to any black metal that wasn't CoF, Hellhammer, Venom, Bathory, or Dimmu Borgir (who are the most recognizable names in BM after Mayhem which means that he never delved into the genre) so he can never be Tr00 ion my eyes. If he wrote reviews trashing Emperor, Enslaved, or other second wave BM bands that's fine with me but he also reviewed DB after they started focusing more on riffs and an orchestra rather than atmosphere which means that PEM wasn't even black metal. (And neither was COF.)

Oh, and Euronymous WAS the king of TMP until Boris came by and usurped the title from this long dead (great) man who hated everything to do with the death metal genre and called Deicide a commercial band simply for playing overseas. He was THE close-minded prick who defined a style and also came across as a lot more intelligent than Boris does because he didn't make nonsensical puns.

Also, you need to move all melodeath to low tier since it isn't sufficiently thrashy because Boris hated that genre (except Dissection and Arch Enemy which he thought were just okay).

Point being, The Haunted are not -core (nor do they suck. I didn't like MMDI since it was Anders and Jonas trying too hard to relive AtG but they're otherwise solid to me) and Boris is an idiot who's opinion means so much less to me that Euronymous or Kerry King (and Varg loses credibility due to hating metal fans and killing Euronymous). And anyone who can track down Boris and get him to review Windir, Xasthur, or Summoning will get props from me.

Last edited by Mancubus; 04-12-2009 at 06:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 04-12-2009, 07:10 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,830
Blog Entries: 19
I dunno what you guys are talking about, but Boris rules. Anyone else pick up Smile?
__________________
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 04-12-2009, 07:11 AM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
It's not his opinions...
Thank you, it's ultimately supposed to be a look at an abstract collective. Therefore, I don't think I'm that egomaniacal to try and examine it.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"

Last edited by JRA; 04-12-2009 at 07:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:20 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008