Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Old 03-18-2009, 10:49 PM
N00B

Soilwork -- Louisville, KY -- March 18th, 2009

The opening bands were two local bands, Succumb To Demise & Behind The Beheaded. Succumb To Demise wasn't my type of thing, as the vocals of the singer were very "Job For A Cowboy"-ish...and I'm not a fan at all of that style. Behind The Beheaded had some clean vocals at times, and weren't bad...I don't know either of the bands songs that were played.

Swallow The Sun was the first band I was really wanting to see, and they didn't disappoint. They played what it seems like the same stuff what I've read on other peoples reports, but I didn't get any names other than the last 3.

Don't Fall Asleep (Horror Pt. 1)
Plague Of Butterflies
Swallow

I tried to get into Warbringer, but I just couldn't, so me and my friend I went to the show with just hung out in the bar area. So, I'm going to assume they played the same as the Kansas City, MO set...so the set is courtesy of "Mankvill".

Total War
Whirlwind
Severed Reality
At The Crack Of Doom
??? (New song)
Combat Shock

Darkane was really bad ass, and my buddy got their set list signed by the guitarist and drummer, and a drum stick signed by their drummer as well. But I was pretty impressed with them overall.

Variations of an Eyecrush (Intro)
Impetuous Constant Chaos
Convicted
Fading Dimensions
Chaos vs. Order
Leaving Existence
Rape Of Mankind
Distress
Execution 44
Secondary Effects
Innocence Gone

Soilwork was basically what I expected it to be, totally bad ass, and they were. Hanging out right by the speaker though wasn't a great idea because my head is still killing me and the show ended a quarter after midnight. It sucks because there was a fight between two people during their last song, "Nerve", and the venue had basically no security, so the lead singer and bassist of Soilwork had to try to pry the two dudes apart (along with their Roadies help), and once they got them apart, the singer just walked off stage and the bassist followed, which I'm pretty sure he said "Fuck this", or something along those lines. The rest of the band kinda finished where they were in the song, and that was it. I mean, I'm pretty sure they were close to the end of the song, but to end a show in that way was effing terrible. It'll probably be a long time before Soilwork comes back to Louisville.

Follow The Hollow
Like The Average Stalker
Exile
Needlefeast
Rejection Role
Black Star Deceiver
20 More Miles
Song Of The Damned
Shadowchild
Sworn To A Great Divide
Distortion Sleep
The Chainheart Machine
Light The Torch
Stabbing The Drama
As We Speak
Nerve
Old 03-18-2009, 11:11 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Cool review. Yeah, I can't stand people with big fuckin' egos at shows that have to get into fights.
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 03-18-2009, 11:57 PM
N00B

Yeah, it really sucked. I could tell the singer was pissed as hell. I failed to mention that the fight stumbled onto the stage, which is why the singer and bassist were trying to pull them apart. It was a really sad ending to a great show.

The venue though was such a terrible choice...It's max occupancy is 300. Seriously, 300 people for a Soilwork show? Bad part on the promoter for picking that venue.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:14 AM
N00B

Nice review and setlist of Darkane and Soilwork, too bad ending

But no Layers Of liers by Darkane?

The tour with Fear Factory/Soilwork/Strapping Young Lad/Darkane 3 years ago was the best for me
Old 03-19-2009, 12:35 AM
N00B

Nope...not tonight in Louisville. I got pics of the Darkane set list, but I got an actual copy of the Soilwork one (though it's in French).

And wow, that line-up is beastly. I bet that was an amazing show (love me some Strapping Young Lad/Devin Townsend).

Tags
darkane, soilwork, swallow the sun, warbringer