Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014

Old 02-26-2009, 02:21 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Sounds cool enough, but all I ever wanted was a cell phone that could dial, text and play music with at least 8 gigs of space. I wouldn't give two shits if it had a 1.5" black and white screen and played monophonic ringtones. All of the video and internet capabilities are just upping the size and cost of the damn things.
All I want my phone to do is call, text and remember numbers. Everything else is pointless fluff.

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 02-26-2009, 06:39 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
the problem with ipods is that they restrict you so much. if you want to download an app and add it you cant, unless you jailbreak it, and then your warranty is invalidated. you can download apps, but only the ones apple lets you, and youve gotta pay for them.
Apps? What? I use my iPod to play music.

(Yes, I know what apps are.)

Quote:
plus when you have problems with it you have to deal with those apple "genius" pricks.
My experience with "those apple genius pricks" has only been positive. One such experience included a full refund for an FM transmitter that didn't work in my car and a suggestion to go elsewhere and buy a product not even sold in Apple stores. And throughout the years, they have been more than ready to replace my iPod with virtually no questions asked (although I've heard that recently their warranty policies have gotten more stringent).

Quote:
the whole company is just a bunch of extortionists.
Read: Capitalists.

Quote:
its always good to look around and ask people who know about that stuff before you get talked into buying some expensive tech gadget.
'Kay. Like others seem to have done, I got my iPod as a Christmas gift, and nobody had to talk me into it.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:40 AM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Sounds cool enough, but all I ever wanted was a cell phone that could dial, text and play music with at least 8 gigs of space. I wouldn't give two shits if it had a 1.5" black and white screen and played monophonic ringtones. All of the video and internet capabilities are just upping the size and cost of the damn things.

thats a good point too, i mean i like all the features but they should offer entry level phones that just do the basics for people who dont want to pay so much.

but i think eventually phones will be the only gadget you'll need to carry around and everything else will be incorporated into it. 10 years from now cell phones will probably be able to do what most desktops can today, just plug it into a monitor and keyboard and you're good to go.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:45 AM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller View Post
My experience with "those apple genius pricks" has only been positive. One such experience included a full refund for an FM transmitter that didn't work in my car and a suggestion to go elsewhere and buy a product not even sold in Apple stores. And throughout the years, they have been more than ready to replace my iPod with virtually no questions asked (although I've heard that recently their warranty policies have gotten more stringent).
all i can say is that mine wasn't (it was the apple store in the rockaway mall) maybe you just got the nice guy, but the two different guys i talked with on two separate occasions seemed to talk down to me and act very arrogant, maybe cause i had a really old model ipod? i think they were taking their job title too seriously.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:52 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
Well if you wanna go for the obvious choice its gotta be Overkill's Taking Over However if it was me I'd put Death Angel's The Ultra Violence. Some other '87 thrash albums to check out are Sacrifice's Forward To Termination, Razor's Custom Killing, Heathen's Breaking The Silence, Testament's The Legacy, Sodom's Persecution Mania, and Agent Steel's Unstoppable Force (more speed metal but of the highest quality).
See, Taking Over (which I already have) goes in the Overkill playlist. Those albums in the Thrash playlist are the only albums I have by those artists. (think of the playlist as 2nd tier thrash metal )
Old 02-26-2009, 06:52 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
Well if you wanna go for the obvious choice its gotta be Overkill's Taking Over However if it was me I'd put Death Angel's The Ultra Violence. Some other '87 thrash albums to check out are Sacrifice's Forward To Termination, Razor's Custom Killing, Heathen's Breaking The Silence, Testament's The Legacy, Sodom's Persecution Mania, and Agent Steel's Unstoppable Force (more speed metal but of the highest quality).
AMONG THE LIVING!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 06:53 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
AMONG THE LIVING!!!
Anthrax playlist. To make this simple, here are the bands which have their own separate playlists.

Metallica
Megadeth
Anthrax
Slayer
Overkill
Kreator
Celtic Frost
Old 02-26-2009, 04:27 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
AMONG THE LIVING!!!
My bad.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:28 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
See, Taking Over (which I already have) goes in the Overkill playlist. Those albums in the Thrash playlist are the only albums I have by those artists. (think of the playlist as 2nd tier thrash metal )
Word. Well you'd do good to check out some of those other albums so get on it
Old 02-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
If you pardon the messiness, as you can see, I'm missing a band for 1987. And I would like a suggestion as how to fill this space (and don't anybody mention Terrible Certainty because that would just go in my Kreator playlist!)
Sacred Reich - Ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Am I the only one who makes playlists in the same order that a band has played live when you saw them?
I do this sometimes.