Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 02-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

I don't really see how they're "ridiculously overpriced." That was probably true a few years ago, but now it's a pretty good deal. When I bought my 80GB, it cost me the same price as my 20GB had cost me about 2 years earlier. Sure, the Touch models are still too expensive, but considering that they're internet capable it's not THAT bad.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:57 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I don't really see how they're "ridiculously overpriced." That was probably true a few years ago, but now it's a pretty good deal. When I bought my 80GB, it cost me the same price as my 20GB had cost me about 2 years earlier. Sure, the Touch models are still too expensive, but considering that they're internet capable it's not THAT bad.
Okay, you're probably right, since I just realized my notions of iPods being way too expensive linger from the last time I was actually looking for new mp3 players (about two years ago ). By now, it really is a decent deal for a classic (you get tons of space), and just about all the models I once considered better both functionally and cost-effectively have been discontinued.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:15 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

the problem with ipods is that they restrict you so much. if you want to download an app and add it you cant, unless you jailbreak it, and then your warranty is invalidated. you can download apps, but only the ones apple lets you, and youve gotta pay for them. plus when you have problems with it you have to deal with those apple "genius" pricks. and apple is trying to market their ipod touch as a gaming console now. the whole company is just a bunch of extortionists. theres also the "trendy" factor, if you care about that type of thing, but as far as mp3 players go i guess its not a big deal.

but there is always better technology out there, like this phone coming out later this year that destroys apple's http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/17/n...d-pumping-out/
its always good to look around and ask people who know about that stuff before you get talked into buying some expensive tech gadget.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:27 PM
N00B

JRA - I dig your style with the playlist idea, awesome choices for the Dio one.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:28 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Whaddya think?
Dunno I haven't listened to it yet but I'll get around to it soon
Old 02-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
JRA - I dig your style with the playlist idea, awesome choices for the Dio one.
Thank you. I waiting for someone to give me credit for that.

Actually, I'd like a little assistance with something. This is my "thrash metal playlist."

Bonded By Blood 1985 Bonded By Blood
Exodus 1985 Bonded By Blood
And Then There Were None 1985 Bonded By Blood
A Lesson In Violence 1985 Bonded By Blood
Metal Command 1985 Bonded By Blood
Piranha 1985 Bonded By Blood
No Love 1985 Bonded By Blood
Deliver Us To Evil 1985 Bonded By Blood
Strike Of The Beast 1985 Bonded By Blood
Darkness Descends 1986 Darkness Descends
The Burning Of Sodom 1986 Darkness Descends
Hunger Of The Undead 1986 Darkness Descends
Merciless Death 1986 Darkness Descends
Death Is Certain (Life Is Not) 1986 Darkness Descends
Black Prophecies 1986 Darkness Descends
Perish In Flames 1986 Darkness Descends
Eternal Nightmare 1988 Eternal Nightmare
Serial Killer 1988 Eternal Nightmare
Phobophobia 1988 Eternal Nightmare
Calling In The Coroner 1988 Eternal Nightmare
T.D.S. (Take It As You Will) 1988 Eternal Nightmare
Bodies On Bodies 1988 Eternal Nightmare
Kill On Command 1988 Eternal Nightmare
Beneath The Remains 1989 Beneath The Remains
Inner Self 1989 Beneath The Remains
Stronger Than Hate 1989 Beneath The Remains
Mass Hypnosis 1989 Beneath The Remains
Sarcastic Existence 1989 Beneath The Remains
Slaves Of Pain 1989 Beneath The Remains
Lobotomy 1989 Beneath The Remains
Hungry 1989 Beneath The Remains
Primitive Future 1989 Beneath The Remains

If you pardon the messiness, as you can see, I'm missing a band for 1987. And I would like a suggestion as how to fill this space (and don't anybody mention Terrible Certainty because that would just go in my Kreator playlist!)

Last edited by JRA; 02-25-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:32 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
but there is always better technology out there, like this phone coming out later this year that destroys apple's http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/17/n...d-pumping-out/
its always good to look around and ask people who know about that stuff before you get talked into buying some expensive tech gadget.
It's funny that there have been a handful of players/phones that have come along in the past few years that always brought up the headlines "iPod/iPhone killer?" The only thing to come close was the Zune.
It just seems like everyone is always a step or two behind Apple. We can all bitch and moan about how hip it is, but not even Billy Mays can sell over 150 million units of anything if it sucks.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:25 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post

If you pardon the messiness, as you can see, I'm missing a band for 1987. And I would like a suggestion as how to fill this space (and don't anybody mention Terrible Certainty because that would just go in my Kreator playlist!)
Well if you wanna go for the obvious choice its gotta be Overkill's Taking Over However if it was me I'd put Death Angel's The Ultra Violence. Some other '87 thrash albums to check out are Sacrifice's Forward To Termination, Razor's Custom Killing, Heathen's Breaking The Silence, Testament's The Legacy, Sodom's Persecution Mania, and Agent Steel's Unstoppable Force (more speed metal but of the highest quality).
Old 02-26-2009, 12:05 AM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
It's funny that there have been a handful of players/phones that have come along in the past few years that always brought up the headlines "iPod/iPhone killer?" The only thing to come close was the Zune.
It just seems like everyone is always a step or two behind Apple. We can all bitch and moan about how hip it is, but not even Billy Mays can sell over 150 million units of anything if it sucks.
well there are better touch screen phones than the ipod already out there, but apple just gets the credit because theyve marketed it more and they were the first to release it. i give credit to the marketing the most, i mean there are tons of products that suck but continue to sell alot (keystone beer for example)

but that nvidia phone can play bluray quality video for 10 hours straight and run 3d games and windows, and the way it plugs into the laptop like that is beyond cool as far as innovation goes. lets hope the phone isnt put on AT&T.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:14 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Sounds cool enough, but all I ever wanted was a cell phone that could dial, text and play music with at least 8 gigs of space. I wouldn't give two shits if it had a 1.5" black and white screen and played monophonic ringtones. All of the video and internet capabilities are just upping the size and cost of the damn things.