Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

  #501  
Old 10-20-2009, 10:41 AM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,107
Just clownin'

This thread is cool as all hell cuz I have at least 20 things to check out when I get home. I know I'm going to have LMFAO - Party Rock in my Top 20 so I expect a little flaming but The Flaming Lips are horrid and that needed to be pointed out.

I said it, I meant it and I'm here to Represent it! -- Hank Moody
__________________
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 10-20-2009, 10:41 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I'm kinda bored today and was scanning through the 50 pages this topic has generated and the Lamb of God bashing is baffeling to me.

How can someone worship Gwar and Cannibal Corpse and bag on Lamb of God as Macho, tough guy music? That is so fukkin hypocritical and childish that it blows my mind. Were these people beaten up by guys that wore Lamb of God shirts or something? It makes zero sense to me. I'm not bagging on these other bands just using them as examples.

Wrath will definitely be in my Top 5 of 2009 and with no clear #1 (I'm hoping Slayer) it could wind up at the top. I met and hung out with more bands this year than any time in my life and Lamb of God were by far the coolest guys of the bands I mentioned and anyone in all reality.

Why has it become trendy to hate on Lamb of God on this site? I see setlists of bands that are singing about kissing in the fukkin moonlight and other stupid girly shit and Lamb of God is the band they bash on? Something is ass-backwards here that's all I'm sayin.

And last but not least... if you bag on Lamb of God and admit to buying a Flaming Lips cd you are an EPIC FAILURE of major proportions! hahaha

taaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaa nnnngerinnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!
Aww, poor guy. I don't just hate Lamb of God! I hate every band in your signature!
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 10-20-2009, 10:53 AM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,107
Tegan and Sara called and said BuaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!
__________________
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 10-20-2009, 11:19 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,724
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I'm kinda bored today and was scanning through the 50 pages this topic has generated and the Lamb of God bashing is baffeling to me.

How can someone worship Gwar and Cannibal Corpse and bag on Lamb of God as Macho, tough guy music? That is so fukkin hypocritical and childish that it blows my mind. Were these people beaten up by guys that wore Lamb of God shirts or something? It makes zero sense to me. I'm not bagging on these other bands just using them as examples.

Wrath will definitely be in my Top 5 of 2009 and with no clear #1 (I'm hoping Slayer) it could wind up at the top. I met and hung out with more bands this year than any time in my life and Lamb of God were by far the coolest guys of the bands I mentioned and anyone in all reality.

Why has it become trendy to hate on Lamb of God on this site? I see setlists of bands that are singing about kissing in the fukkin moonlight and other stupid girly shit and Lamb of God is the band they bash on? Something is ass-backwards here that's all I'm sayin.

And last but not least... if you bag on Lamb of God and admit to buying a Flaming Lips cd you are an EPIC FAILURE of major proportions! hahaha

taaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaa nnnngerinnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!
Cannibal Corpse has repeatedly stated that the stuff they sing about and their artwork is based on fantasy and it's basically a horror movie in song.

Lamb of God is the type of band who's like "YEAH, I KNOW IT'S A TOUGH LIFE BUT FUCK EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND YOU, YOU'RE JUST THAT MUCH TOUGHER! YEAH LET'S SEE A FUCKING PIT WITH SOME BLOOD!" because Randy Blythe and all his bandmates are tough guy douchebags. And to call GWAR tough guys is just flat-out silly.

And next time Flaming Lips make a CD as shitty as Sacrament or Wrath, I'll be sure to slag on them too, but I don't think Wayne Coyne is introducing flat-brimmbed baseball caps, basketball jerseys, and shitty breakdowns to his music anytime so Flaming Lips > Lamb of God, nice try though.

edit: Just because band members are cool doesn't mean they make good music. I've hung out with Devildriver, and they're cool people. Doesn't mean their music is any better. And what the fuck are you talking about when you say lyrics about kissing in the moonlight?

edit edit: I think someone's just butthurt because they finally realize how unbelievably shitty Lamb of God really is and is lashing out at other bands that are seemingly easy targets. I'm pretty certain almost every member of this board would choose Flaming Lips over Lamb of God.

edit edit edit:
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch

Last edited by mankvill; 10-20-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 10-20-2009, 11:26 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,724
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Just clownin'

This thread is cool as all hell cuz I have at least 20 things to check out when I get home. I know I'm going to have LMFAO - Party Rock in my Top 20 so I expect a little flaming but The Flaming Lips are horrid and that needed to be pointed out.

I said it, I meant it and I'm here to Represent it! -- Hank Moody
LOL
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 10-20-2009, 12:42 PM
SerpentineVIVIVI's Avatar
SerpentineVIVIVI SerpentineVIVIVI is offline
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Lamb of God is the type of band who's like "YEAH, I KNOW IT'S A TOUGH LIFE BUT FUCK EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND YOU, YOU'RE JUST THAT MUCH TOUGHER! YEAH LET'S SEE A FUCKING PIT WITH SOME BLOOD!" because Randy Blythe and all his bandmates are tough guy douchebags. And to call GWAR tough guys is just flat-out silly.

And next time Flaming Lips make a CD as shitty as Sacrament or Wrath, I'll be sure to slag on them too, but I don't think Wayne Coyne is introducing flat-brimmbed baseball caps, basketball jerseys, and shitty breakdowns to his music anytime so Flaming Lips > Lamb of God, nice try though.
Man that is so ignorant to say. They've never said anything remotely like that, just exaggerating it makes it seem like they have and because they take themselves seriously is such a crime. SO many fucking bands do that it's amusingly hypocritical of you to say that they are tough guy douchebags, yet you rag on them specifically.

And fucking flat brimmed baseball caps, basketball jerseys? Do you realize you are not even a slightest bit correct? They don't wear those fucking gangster fag caps, and you want to talk jerseys talk to Jeff Hanneman and Rob Trujillo, its all they fucking wear. Such an ignorant statement, so fucking stupid. If its socially acceptable to rag on a band like Lamb of God which are doing nothing wrong but taking themselves seriously and telling people to mosh at shows which practically EVERY new metal band does now in days, then I'm sure it should be safe to say that so much music listened to on this board is beyond gay, and some of your tastes are extremely questionable and valid for mockery.

Edit: And I don't care what the fuck people think of me on this board for my musical tastes/all the shit I'm damned well going to get just "err i'm butthurt that LOG are gay, tough guys, fagg, go wear a wife-beater buy a truck bulllshit. Opinions are one thing, ignorance and blatant stupid comments are another.
__________________
"We praise an act of charity, yet shrug at an act of achievement."
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 10-20-2009, 12:45 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
telling people to mosh at shows which practically EVERY new metal band does now in days
I'm not on your side, but most of that was valid. Except for this. Not a fact whatsoever. I've never seen a band I like tell a crowd to mosh, and I see a lot of bands.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 10-20-2009, 12:49 PM
SerpentineVIVIVI's Avatar
SerpentineVIVIVI SerpentineVIVIVI is offline
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I'm not on your side, but most of that was valid. Except for this. Not a fact whatsoever. I've never seen a band I like tell a crowd to mosh, and I see a lot of bands.
Fair enough, I can admit that maybe not EVERY metal band does, but a REAL fair amount do (Warbringer, Behemoth, Exodus, Kreator [hell, Kreator tell people to kill each other during Riot of Violence!]). So seriously, cut some slack, please.
__________________
"We praise an act of charity, yet shrug at an act of achievement."
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 10-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is online now
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
Man that is so ignorant to say. They've never said anything remotely like that, just exaggerating it makes it seem like they have and because they take themselves seriously is such a crime. SO many fucking bands do that it's amusingly hypocritical of you to say that they are tough guy douchebags, yet you rag on them specifically.

And fucking flat brimmed baseball caps, basketball jerseys? Do you realize you are not even a slightest bit correct? They don't wear those fucking gangster fag caps, and you want to talk jerseys talk to Jeff Hanneman and Rob Trujillo, its all they fucking wear. Such an ignorant statement, so fucking stupid. If its socially acceptable to rag on a band like Lamb of God which are doing nothing wrong but taking themselves seriously and telling people to mosh at shows which practically EVERY new metal band does now in days, then I'm sure it should be safe to say that so much music listened to on this board is beyond gay, and some of your tastes are extremely questionable and valid for mockery.

Edit: And I don't care what the fuck people think of me on this board for my musical tastes/all the shit I'm damned well going to get just "err i'm butthurt that LOG are gay, tough guys, fagg, go wear a wife-beater buy a truck bulllshit. Opinions are one thing, ignorance and blatant stupid comments are another.
This. And I love Lamb of God, and would EASILY count the flaming lips higher than Lamb of God. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and its metal, most metal bands have a tough guy image
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old 10-20-2009, 01:03 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,724
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
Man that is so ignorant to say. They've never said anything remotely like that, just exaggerating it makes it seem like they have and because they take themselves seriously is such a crime. SO many fucking bands do that it's amusingly hypocritical of you to say that they are tough guy douchebags, yet you rag on them specifically.

And fucking flat brimmed baseball caps, basketball jerseys? Do you realize you are not even a slightest bit correct? They don't wear those fucking gangster fag caps, and you want to talk jerseys talk to Jeff Hanneman and Rob Trujillo, its all they fucking wear. Such an ignorant statement, so fucking stupid. If its socially acceptable to rag on a band like Lamb of God which are doing nothing wrong but taking themselves seriously and telling people to mosh at shows which practically EVERY new metal band does now in days, then I'm sure it should be safe to say that so much music listened to on this board is beyond gay, and some of your tastes are extremely questionable and valid for mockery.

Edit: And I don't care what the fuck people think of me on this board for my musical tastes/all the shit I'm damned well going to get just "err i'm butthurt that LOG are gay, tough guys, fagg, go wear a wife-beater buy a truck bulllshit. Opinions are one thing, ignorance and blatant stupid comments are another.
I rag on Lamb of God specifically because their stupid redneck tough guy bullshit attitude is the one reaching to the most Nascar fans looking for a way into metal. I would've done the same thing back in the '90's with Pantera. And no shit that Lamb of God the band doesn't wear those stupid clothes, but have you ever seen a Lamb of God audience?

And go ahead and question my tastes, I can back them up because at the end of the day, I don't like Lamb of God because I don't like shitty metalcore. Your move, pardner.
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:47 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008