Protest the Hero -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 27th, 2014
Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 04-23-2009, 06:53 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Who are the support bands? The venue site didn't have any listed.
PELICAN is one of the openers I think.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:54 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
PELICAN is one of the openers I think.
Ooooh, the fire in their throats can beckon my thaw any day.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

So far Crack The Skye and Wrath have been the best. The Harvest Floor and Earthsblood are pretty good as well. I actually havent listened to new Napalm Death or Chimaria yet. Maybe i should

Eagerly awaiting New Black Dahlia Murder,Slayer,Killswitch Engage,Between The Buried and Me and Korn
Old 04-27-2009, 08:07 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
Word to the wise you can probably skip the new Isis without missing anything if you're trying to hear that one. Actually well its not bad, but their streak of outstanding albums definitely ended. It's just ok, kinda boring.
Shame Shame Shame Shame on you, dude!

The new Isis is very good, but you have to give it some time. Don't jump to any hasty conclusions. I mean, for Pete's sake - it has Adam Jones from Tool on two of the tracks (I don't know which ones they are yet, since I have the album illegally - for now - and don't have any liner notes)! Tracks one, two, five and seven are the best ones...but as I say that, I have to laugh because I just named off over half the tracks on the album...

If you're not much of a fan of post-metal, then you might never get into it, but if you are a fan, then I think you will grow to love Wavering Radiant (for me personally, I liked it right out of the gate).

Also, in response to DethMaiden and others...the upcoming tour has Isis headlining, with Pelican in primary support. The third band is generally going to be Tombs (pretty good post-metal outfit, currently signed to Relapse Records), but in Cleveland on the 9th of June (the show I am going to see), they are parting ways with Tombs and picking up Keelhaul and taking them along on the tour for a week or two. Keelhaul is an awesome post-metal / prog / doom outfit from Cleveland whose new album should be coming out any day now...they are signed to Hydrahead and are a good fit - not to mention friends with - both Isis and Pelican.

Speaking of Pelican, I just saw them on Saturday night at the annual Dark Lord Day festival at Three Floyds Brewery in Munster, Indiana. The show was awesome (and free, too! ). I don't know the entire set list, because they played a bunch of brand new stuff (they are working on both an EP and a full-length album, both of which are due out this year - Pelican have mentioned on their MySpace page that the EP is expected to be available in time for the upcoming tour). What they did play sounded excellent, though. I do know for sure that they played at least one song from City of Echoes, and one from TFIOTWBTT, in addition to a cover of an old Earth song. At any rate, I videotaped the entire set, so once I have an idea of the actual set list I will post it separately.

Isis + Pelican + Keelhaul (for twelve measly damn dollars, too!) = one hell of an awesome show!!!

Nat

Oh, and the new Cobalt destroys. I didn't even know who they were until I saw someone talking about them on this site, and I went out and got it post-haste. Excellent stuff. Whoever it was that had originally posted about the new album...thanks for the tip!

Last edited by Natrlhi; 04-27-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Who are the support bands? The venue site didn't have any listed.
Sounds like you're probably talking about the Grog Shop...in which case we are going to the same show. I will warn you if you haven't been there already that it is fairly small. This means two things: first, the show might actually have some potential to sell out, so get your ticket(s) now if you haven't already...and second, the acoustics might be a bit crappy for a band as big as Isis, but since I love them so much I am going to have a blast regardless (and also, I did see Pelican there once, and although they damn near blew the roof off the place, it actually wasn't too bad, acoustically speaking).
Old 04-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Headbanger

I'm with mastodon421. The best cd's so far in 2009:

1) Lamb of God - Wrath (only Slayer might be able to top this)

2) Mastodon - Crack The Skye (in this case cleaner is better)

3) Chimaira - The Infection

The 3 bonus tracks put Wrath so far over the other 2 to me. There are 10 great songs on this cd. I do like the instrumental versions of Crack the Skye also. Chimaira is still growing on me but these guys are the most underrated band in their genre
Old 04-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Dharma Wants You

My favorite albums of '09 so far...

Mastodon - Crack The Skye
Kreator - Hordes Of Chaos
Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa
SuidAkrA - Crogacht
Eluveitie - Evocation I - The Arcane Dominion

Also enjoying the new Alestorm, Dark Moor, and Delain albums.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:11 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Shame Shame Shame Shame on you, dude!

The new Isis is very good, but you have to give it some time. Don't jump to any hasty conclusions. I mean, for Pete's sake - it has Adam Jones from Tool on two of the tracks (I don't know which ones they are yet, since I have the album illegally - for now - and don't have any liner notes)! Tracks one, two, five and seven are the best ones...but as I say that, I have to laugh because I just named off over half the tracks on the album...
I can't tell either which songs have Adam on them. It took me a legit 4-5 listens through to start to dig it, but by that point I think its just cuz you get familiar with the songs and the different parts, which always makes things sound better. It's a cool album, I just don't think its on par with any of their previous material.

The opening bands in SF for that tour are Helms Alee and Mammifer, but even if it was Pelican/Tombs that wouldn't make me wanna go. Keelhaul though would be tight

And I'm glad you dig the Cobalt, everyone really should hear it.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave View Post
SuidAkrA - Crogacht
i need dis
Old 04-27-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
The opening bands in SF for that tour are Helms Alee and Mammifer
Helms Alee are teh SHIT.

They sound like a cross between Torche and the new Kylesa album (which rocks balls, incidentally). I can't wait for the day when they decide to tour the Midwest...

Nat