Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990

Old 02-15-2009, 12:07 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Mudvayne -- Springfield, MO -- February 14th, 2009

Shrine Mosque
Springfield, MO

In This Moment
Missed pretty much entire set except for their next to last song (?) and "Beautiful Tragedy". Definitley not the biggest fan of theirs. Not too upset about missing them.

Nonpoint
Always have been a fan of this band. I'm glad to see that this band has been able to survive the Nu-Metal holocaust and still be able to stick around and still play shows. Not that familiar w/ their catalog though. I know they played "What A Day" "The Truth" "In The Air Tonight" & closed w/ "Bullet With A Name". Probably leaving out a few. Got to meet Elias after Clutch's set. Super nice guy, one of the nicer musicians I think that I have ever met before.

CLUTCH
For the most part these songs are not in order but I'm pretty sure that I remembered just about all of them w/ the exception of maybe 1 or 2.

Mob Goes Wild
Profits of Doom
Rapture Of Ridley Walker
Mr. Shiny Cadillackness
Texan Book Of The Dead
Immortal
NEW SONG / (Abe Lincoln?) Saw Name On Clutch's Message Board
Cypress Grove
Promoter / Jam -- NO Cowbell???
The Incomprable Mr. Flannery
Burning Beard
Mice & Gods
Electric Worry
One Eye Dollar

Pretty satisfied with the set for the most part. Honestly it seems like they played to the Mudvayne crowd and didn't really do anything to daring w/ their setlist other than the new song. Immortal was a nice touch though along w/ Rapture. No Prison Planet, Big News, R&R Outlaw, stuff like that bummed me out to not hear. I'm still holding out to be able to hear "Pure Rock Fury". And nothing from Elephant Riders at all. To me this seemed a bit more like a Mudvayne crowd. Crowd seemed kinda dead for atleast half their set, but it could just be me.

Mudvayne
Now these songs are in exact order.

Not Falling
Silenced
Death Blooms
New Game
Do What You Do
Fall Into Sleep
Cradle
Fucking Determined
Nothing To Gein
World So Cold
Happy?
Dig

Now I know I am not the first to say that wow that is a short set. It seemed like a really safe setlist as well. I was happy to hear Cradle though, never have got to hear that one before. Everything else was predictible for the most part. Still not much to complain about I guess. I do wish they picked different songs from Lost & Found. Fall Into Sleep is kinda bleh and I've always hated Happy? maybe throw in IMN / Pushing Through This. Just a suggestion. Ryan their bass player still does amaze me everytime I have seen them though. Chad is in a red furry suit the whole time, I thought he might have taken it off but kept it on the whole time, more power to him for hanging in there, it had to be hot as hell.

Overall a pretty good show, there really isn't that weak of a band on this tour. We were very lucky b/c originally Clutch had a show at the much smaller Downtown Remington's, and this Mudvayne show were both scheduled on the same night and combined. I'm curious if I'm missing much from the other bands that are touring w/ Clutch? There are definitley worse ways to spend Valentine's Day.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:31 AM
N00B

Seeing them march 1, hoping they are playing a little longer set since clutch will not be there.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Humanaut

Damn it!!! I was excited about Clutch. I thought they had been added to the tour but I guess not.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:26 AM
N00B

That would be a fun clutch set, although I'm not sure why they are playing with mudvayne
Old 02-16-2009, 07:08 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

One of these things is not like the other.
Seriously, bad idea. I don't think many Clutch fans would have been going to the Mudvayne show or vice versa.
Whoever did this lost potential ticket sales, and cut the sets shorter for both bands.

Last edited by TonyD; 02-16-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:39 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

I will agree w/ that. I was perfectly fine going to see Clutch @ Downtown Remington's which might hold 300 people if they are lucky. Frankly it wasn't really a decision what show to go to. I prefer going to a club as opposed to a place that can hold a few thousand. It was pretty obvious who was there for Clutch and who wasn't. I felt bad for the bands that were touring w/ Clutch b/c ultimately they ended up getting screwed. Red Fang played at some bar at the after show party. Never have heard them but still curious. If it wasn't for Clutch I would not have been there either.

Tags
clutch, mudvayne