Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014
Unearth -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 13th, 2014

  #1  
Old 02-10-2009, 03:07 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 20,494
Blog Entries: 19
How do you book bands?

After a couple weeks of disappointment after disappointment of bands announcing no dates near me, I figured that I can at least try to try and book them here.

Thing is, I have no fucking clue where to start.

Halp plz.
__________________
04/16 - Ringworm
04/19 - Trog
04/22 - Ghost
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-10-2009, 03:21 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,710
Lots and Lots of
__________________
I listened to three Babymetal tracks...sounds like Chun Li getting butt-fucked by Andrew W.K. That's not something I ever wanted to hear.
-El Gordo
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-10-2009, 03:36 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 20,494
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Lots and Lots of
I can deal with that.
__________________
04/16 - Ringworm
04/19 - Trog
04/22 - Ghost
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-10-2009, 03:40 PM
b_halperin b_halperin is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,513
myspace em and offer them candy and blankets
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-10-2009, 03:42 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
I read about Joey Jordison getting tons of death metal bands to come to Des Moines in the 90s by booking them himself. It's not impossible dude.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-10-2009, 03:44 PM
b_halperin b_halperin is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I read about Joey Jordison getting tons of death metal bands to come to Des Moines in the 90s by booking them himself. It's not impossible dude.
i never said it was impossible... i just gave you some pointless input
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-10-2009, 04:10 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 20,494
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I read about Joey Jordison getting tons of death metal bands to come to Des Moines in the 90s by booking them himself. It's not impossible dude.
That gives me hope. I just don't know where to start.
__________________
04/16 - Ringworm
04/19 - Trog
04/22 - Ghost
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-10-2009, 04:21 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Everywhere Else
Posts: 22,954
Get in touch with venues in your area and find out who's promoting most of the metal shows, then talk to those people. Also messaging bands can never hurt, basically just get out there and talk to people in your area and see what's up. With technology how it is nowadays almost anyone can do this stuff if they just take the time. You don't really need a lot of money either, well I mean if you wanna book Iron Maiden or something, but most any hard-working touring underground metal band would be happy with just some food/drink and maybe a place to crash. Good luck

As far as bringing bands from other countries and stuff that's a different story, but you can definitely get all the Skeletonwitch's of the world to play your town if you do it right.
__________________
Feel It
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-10-2009, 08:15 PM
hot_turkey_ed's Avatar
hot_turkey_ed hot_turkey_ed is offline
Director, Set List Intelligence
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 10,784
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
Get in touch with venues in your area and find out who's promoting most of the metal shows, then talk to those people. Also messaging bands can never hurt, basically just get out there and talk to people in your area and see what's up. With technology how it is nowadays almost anyone can do this stuff if they just take the time. You don't really need a lot of money either, well I mean if you wanna book Iron Maiden or something, but most any hard-working touring underground metal band would be happy with just some food/drink and maybe a place to crash. Good luck

As far as bringing bands from other countries and stuff that's a different story, but you can definitely get all the Skeletonwitch's of the world to play your town if you do it right.
I like what you wrote.

Personally, I would be concerned with liability in organizing a concert. I live in California. You can get sued for everything. Insurance, insurance, insurance...
__________________
Jaco died for our sins so that modern bass players could be free to play more and be heard.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-10-2009, 08:29 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
I like what you wrote.

Personally, I would be concerned with liability in organizing a concert. I live in California. You can get sued for everything. Insurance, insurance, insurance...
This is one of the sad things about America.
__________________
Mastodong/Gojira/KVELERTAK 5/1
Meshuggah 6/6
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:45 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008