Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

  #11  
Old 02-04-2009, 05:55 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
Don't know him.



Actually I just think that by the time QR released Promised Land he had burned out on metal. Hear In The Now Frontier would be a prime example. And he certainly didn't bring anything to the Tribe songs that he worked on. Everybody seems to think that if he rejoined the band they would suddenly write the next Mindcrime. I think if he rejoined the band they would write songs like they did on Tribe. The only bright side to him touring with QR would be that all of his old solos might actually be played correctly. But that is assuming that he would still play them the same as in the past.
Tribe is easily their best record since Promised Land. If they make an album that sounds like that, I'd be much happier than hearing the attempt at so-called metal they're trying to remain relevant with.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-04-2009, 07:30 AM
EvilCheeseWedge's Avatar
EvilCheeseWedge EvilCheeseWedge is offline
The Cheese
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,523
Well, a couple weeks ago Wilton said that Stone didn't play on the new album, and judging by the band's/Stone's statement, I have to wonder if Stone quit, or was perhaps asked to step out.

It's also known that Kelly Gray is mixing/co-producing/whatever American Soldier with Jason Slater. If they bring back Gray, I'll be pissed. He didn't have anything resembling the chops to be in QR. His songwriting isn't bad, and his playing isn't terrible, but it wasn't a good fit imo.

I think Chris could work, but I really doubt he'd come back. I think Tribe is a good album, but it's really unclear how much Chris actually contributed to that. Honestly, I like Tribe and MC2... I would love it if American Soldier was a sort of blending of that and old-school Queensryche...

The already have dates lined up two months from now, so I'm guessing soon we'll hear who the new guitarist is. But seriously, if it's Gray, even if only "temporarily" I'm going to be really pissed
__________________
12/7 - Jon Oliva
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-04-2009, 08:24 AM
es156's Avatar
es156 es156 is offline
Somewhere Back In Time
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheese View Post
Well, a couple weeks ago Wilton said that Stone didn't play on the new album, and judging by the band's/Stone's statement, I have to wonder if Stone quit, or was perhaps asked to step out.

It's also known that Kelly Gray is mixing/co-producing/whatever American Soldier with Jason Slater. If they bring back Gray, I'll be pissed. He didn't have anything resembling the chops to be in QR. His songwriting isn't bad, and his playing isn't terrible, but it wasn't a good fit imo.

I think Chris could work, but I really doubt he'd come back. I think Tribe is a good album, but it's really unclear how much Chris actually contributed to that. Honestly, I like Tribe and MC2... I would love it if American Soldier was a sort of blending of that and old-school Queensryche...

The already have dates lined up two months from now, so I'm guessing soon we'll hear who the new guitarist is. But seriously, if it's Gray, even if only "temporarily" I'm going to be really pissed
I had read that Stone didn't play on the new CD but I had not heard about Kelly Gray's involvement. I agree with you in that I certainly don't want him back in the band.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-04-2009, 08:27 AM
es156's Avatar
es156 es156 is offline
Somewhere Back In Time
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Tribe is easily their best record since Promised Land. If they make an album that sounds like that, I'd be much happier than hearing the attempt at so-called metal they're trying to remain relevant with.
I listen to Q2K more often than Promised Land or Tribe.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-04-2009, 09:45 AM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
Promised Land is an incredible album.
Kelly Gray back in the band would suck.
Chris DeGarmo back in the band, could suck or could be awesome. But at least it'd be interesting.

FACTS.
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-04-2009, 09:58 AM
EvilCheeseWedge's Avatar
EvilCheeseWedge EvilCheeseWedge is offline
The Cheese
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
I had read that Stone didn't play on the new CD but I had not heard about Kelly Gray's involvement. I agree with you in that I certainly don't want him back in the band.
Yeah, Kelly has been involved for the length of the project, as far as I know. He was also involved with Take Cover.
__________________
12/7 - Jon Oliva
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-04-2009, 11:06 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
Promised Land is an incredible album.
Kelly Gray back in the band would suck.
Chris DeGarmo back in the band, could suck or could be awesome. But at least it'd be interesting.

FACTS.
All true.

And I saw Slave to the System live because why not, and Kelly Gray is the worst guitarist ever.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-18-2009, 12:35 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=114624

...Well, the touring replacement is certainly unexpected.
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-18-2009, 06:04 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=114624

...Well, the touring replacement is certainly unexpected.
This is not a slur I use liberally, but that guy looks like a huge faggot.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=114624

...Well, the touring replacement is certainly unexpected.
NOT metal

edit: and is it just me or does tate look weird when he lets his hair down?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008