Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014
Arch Enemy and Kreator -- Baltimore, MD -- October 23rd, 2014
Mastodon -- Kansas City, MO -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Milwaukee, WI -- October 20th, 2014

Old 02-02-2009, 04:07 PM
N00B

Decibel's Hall of Fame

Recently got wind that the popular metal magazine Decibel has this 'Hall of Fame' thing that they do where in every issue they induct a new album and do like a whole long story with in-depth interviews with the members of the band who made the album discussing all sorts of cool stuff surrounding the writing, recording, drama, etc surrounding the record. If you're a fan of any of the albums they've inducted I strongly suggest checking it out cuz they're excellent reads, you can order the back issues from their website which is awesome and they ship really quickly. I ordered three issues from them last week with the one's about Eyehategod's Take As Needed For Pain, Kyuss' Welcome To Sky Valley (unbelievable how much dirt comes out in this one, crazy read), and Sleep's Jerusalem. I just ordered the issue where they write-up Black Sabbath's Heaven and Hell and another one which is a stoner rock special where they do a Hall of Fame on Electric Wizard's Dopethrone, so stoked for these to come in. Decibel is also a great read outside of these articles but I think that what they do is an awesome idea. Anyone else read Decibel? Here's their Hall of Fame list so far http://decibelmagazine.com/Content.aspx?show=hof
Old 02-02-2009, 04:38 PM
We're dying on the inside

I read Decibel religiously, and the Hall of Fame is a great feature. The newest one was Discordance Axis' The Inalienable Dreamless, which I haven't heard, but want to based on the interviews and write-up.

Decibel is seriously the only metal mag out there worth its salt, I recommend it to anyone and everyone.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Immortal
At the Heart of Winter

what

PURE HOLOCAUST
10/27 - DJ Qbert
10/29 - Real Friends
Old 02-05-2009, 05:57 PM
N00B

The other 2 issues came in the mail today, the Wino interview from the Stoner Rock special is just hard to wrap your head around. Very humbling and just plain mind-blowing to read. Can't wait to get to the Heaven & Hell writeup in the other issue (but why the hell does it have Dragonforce on the cover? )
Old 02-05-2009, 06:35 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
The other 2 issues came in the mail today, the Wino interview from the Stoner Rock special is just hard to wrap your head around. Very humbling and just plain mind-blowing to read. Can't wait to get to the Heaven & Hell writeup in the other issue (but why the hell does it have Dragonforce on the cover? )
They caught a lot of shit for that cover, haha. But they're looking to sell rags just like any zine and for every Isis and Neurosis and Opeth cover they've got to have a DragonForce and a Metallica.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

I'm sorry but "Heaven & Hell" is the exact opposite when I think of "extreme metal."
Old 02-06-2009, 10:12 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
I'm sorry but "Heaven & Hell" is the exact opposite when I think of "extreme metal."
True but I don't care