Queen + Adam Lambert -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014
Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 09-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies

I like AHIG I think its their best one. I also like the other slipknot albums.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:23 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Why? His production has ranged from shit to non-existent on everything he's been involved in. The Johnny Cash American albums are his only success, besides convincing the World he's any good at his job. Sneap DESTROYS him.
Seriously?
The Beastie Boys, Run-DMC/Aerosmith collaboration and RHCP?
Also he produced Slipknot's volume 3, which was arguably their most accessible release. I remember hearing "Before I Forget" on the radio, hating the song but being jealous of the production.

Anyhoot, Rubin's style was perfect for Slayer because they needed their sound cleaned up and tightened. Metallica's music doesn't fit the production because there is sonic space that needs to be filled. Imagine "For Whom the Bell Tolls" or "Master of Puppets" without reverb.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:00 AM
Headbanger

I'm really shocked no one mentioned Mudvayne - The New Game. What a total piece of shit cd. Talk about filler? At least Nostradamus had a few moments. When the only redeeming song repeats the same 4 words over and over again you failed miserably. They went straight to the top of my shit list with that piece of crap. How could such a talented band write such shitty music?

Nickelback came out the same day and while it's the same old shit at least there are 3 good songs on the cd. When you get owned by fukkin Nickelback you officially SUCK!
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 09-22-2009, 07:45 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I'm really shocked no one mentioned Mudvayne - The New Game. What a total piece of shit cd. Talk about filler? At least Nostradamus had a few moments. When the only redeeming song repeats the same 4 words over and over again you failed miserably. They went straight to the top of my shit list with that piece of crap. How could such a talented band write such shitty music?

Nickelback came out the same day and while it's the same old shit at least there are 3 good songs on the cd. When you get owned by fukkin Nickelback you officially SUCK!
I dunno, man. I thought The New Game was a lot better than the crapfest that was Lost and Found.

Neither of the last two records come anywhere near the realm of L.D. 50 and The End of All Things To Come, though.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Headbanger

I've noticed a trend with some newer bands where they get progressively worse with each cd. LD 50 is a masterpiece. The end of all things has some great songs but isn't quite LD 50. The other 2 are a joke to me. At least Lost and Found has 3 good songs. Maybe I have to listen to New Game again but I counted 2 songs that I like in any way.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:22 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I've noticed a trend with some newer bands where they get progressively worse with each cd. LD 50 is a masterpiece. The end of all things has some great songs but isn't quite LD 50. The other 2 are a joke to me. At least Lost and Found has 3 good songs. Maybe I have to listen to New Game again but I counted 2 songs that I like in any way.
Iv noticed that too.. Although I think its more bands nowadays are always lumped in with some sort of label or trend, and they try to deviate from that by changing their sound, and it either goes that they find a better sound and keep going, or slowly go downhill and die. Or they're limp bizkit. Mudvayne are trying to remain valid after the death of Nu-Metal, but theyre struggling I think. I havent heard the new game, but Iv heard like six songs on youtube and it all seems to be a-typical Bush bashing type material, which sucks. Scarlet letters is awesome though, and if Dull Boy is on there too it deserves a little credit.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:10 AM
Headbanger

Good Point. It's like they're trying to re-invent themselves and it doesn't work. I'm not saying make LD 50 part 2 but the structure and tenacity of those songs is severly lacking in their last 2 efforts.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:24 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Very true.. I mean take the two lead singles off that album, Death Blooms and Dig.. Both are very compelling to listen to, and have alot of push behind them. Compared to them the New Game ust sounds so somber and almost forced.