Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Gideon -- Toledo, OH -- April 22nd, 2014
Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014
Ghost -- Lawrence, KS -- April 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-19-2008, 01:08 AM
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?

High On Fire -- San Francisco, CA -- December 18th, 2008

I checked out the opening band, Drunk Horse, a couple days ago on myspace and pretty much dismissed them as another generic hard rock band. To be frank, I was wrong. Their overall sound and performance could be labeled generic, but the music was good, the music was loud... not to mention that the whole band was locked in for 45 minutes. I was very surprised that all four of the members kept perfect time, even in iffy changes and offbeat tempos that would make errors forgiveable. Their music took everything good about any other generic rock band and added harmonized guitar licks, vocals and wild drum fills. I'm not so hot on their recordings, but I definately recommend them live. They played from 9:15 to 10:ish.

High On Fire put on an awesome fucking show. Not much else to say. I got to talk to Matt Pike for a minute again, and I think that the world would be a better place if there were more dudes like him around. I ended up in the front and got a bass pick after the show. By the way, the Great American Music Hall is a pretty cool venue, but it's in the worst neighborhood this side of Locash. Peace to ADD

10:30-11:45
Setlist, same as last week:

Turk
Death Is This Communion
Speedwolf
Commeth Down Hessian
To Cross the Bridge
Rumors of War/DII
Brother In The Wind
Waste of Tiamat
Devilution
Fireface
Fury Whip
Old 12-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

FUCK That was the first gig I've been to since August, fucking AWESOME. Drunk Horse were dope as hell, their singer/guitarist can fuckin play and it was cool watching the old acid casualty looking guy on second guitar Drummer was outstanding too on that tiny kit. And they were hella loud and as Tony mentioned super tight. Latter-day Clutch + 70's ZZ Top + 70's Judas Priest = Drunk Horse's sound

Matt Pike is a beast. He's my hero. High On Fire live sound like a jumbo jet crashing at full speed into a mountain. Stood right in front of Pike and his gigantic amps throughout the show, none so heavy. They pretty much played my favorite songs of theirs too. Shared a fat J with my friends as they started playing, got hella stoned. Crowd was surprisingly cool/into the show for being mostly old people. Epic fucking metal.

Tags
high on fire