Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-23-2008, 05:58 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
If you think that Justice features more complex songs (like Ride and Creeping Death), it only strengthens evidence that the album was built on the style that was cultivated by Cliff.
Well, that's the first good point you've made. However the only people who could know that are the four guys in the studio at the time. But I'm gonna go with they made the album that was in them, not by any direction or suggestion Cliff gave in the past. If anything, as the band has stated, Cliff was into the more melodic stuff that they had composed. I remember hearing or reading in an interview from Kurt that Cliff listened to the Eagles often.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:17 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Now lets look at Ride The Lightning. Fire, Ride, Bell, Fade, Creep all credit Cliff, and at some point or another you can find "they need to play ___", "I wish they played ___", or "YES THEY PLAYED ____" on this site containing all of those songs. Escape and Trapped Under Ice are the two you won't see in those phrases, and coincidentally the only two without Cliff in the credits.
not true. i would love 4 them to play those two but the odds of them playing them are slim to none. those two are some of my favorites
Old 12-23-2008, 01:43 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog View Post
Well, that's the first good point you've made. However the only people who could know that are the four guys in the studio at the time. But I'm gonna go with they made the album that was in them, not by any direction or suggestion Cliff gave in the past. If anything, as the band has stated, Cliff was into the more melodic stuff that they had composed. I remember hearing or reading in an interview from Kurt that Cliff listened to the Eagles often.
You mean Kirk?
He was into a lot of things, including 70's prog rock. Somewhere on youtube you can find a video of his first band playing at their high school, and it sounds a hell of a lot more prog than the Eagles. None of the other three were very influenced by that type of material until well after Cliff joined, and I doubt any of them had much to do with putting together compositions like Ktulu or Orion, the same types of long and complex songs on Justice, only with more speed.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:47 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
not true. i would love 4 them to play those two but the odds of them playing them are slim to none. those two are some of my favorites
But would you or anyone else take those two over any two of the others mentioned?
Old 12-23-2008, 02:50 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
But would you or anyone else take those two over any two of the others mentioned?
i'd take escape over bellz, fire, and lightning any day.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:54 PM
N00B

Quote:
You mean Kirk?
Hehehe, yeah, blekth!
Old 12-26-2008, 01:17 PM
N00B

Metallica Set Lists

I've been into Metallica since the mid 80's and have seen them six times (Monsters of Rock when Garage Days was out, twice on the Justice tour, the Shit in the Sheds summer tour, Load and Reload). They are an amazing live band. That said, the current set lists are disappointing. Nothing Else Matters and Unforgiven are songs that slow down a set to a crawl. The Metallica I first saw all those years ago would have beaten the snot out of a band that played these tunes in concert.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

I would love to hear "Escape" live! Underrated metal anthem fo sho!
Old 12-27-2008, 04:42 AM
N00B

Metallica Set List

While every Metallica show I've seen has been incredible (except for about 1/4 of the Reload tour), the following is one of the best shows of any band I ever saw from any band- the crowd was crazy after Ian Astbury, lead singer of The Cult, who opened the show while on their Sonic Temple tour, got into a fight with a fan in the front row- a near riot ensued- chairs were flying all over the floor and the injured were carried out- the entire Metallica set was done with the lights only half off so that security could watch the crowd. This was their second visit to Philly on the tour- saw the first show as well- metal does not get any better than this.

July 19, 1989 - Philadelphia, PA - The Spectrum

Ecstasy of Gold (tape)
Blackened
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Harvester of Sorrow
The Four Horsemen
The Thing That Should Not Be
Bass Solo
To Live Is To Die Doodle
Master of Puppets
Fade to Black