Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

  #1  
Old 12-03-2008, 08:30 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,718
Blog Entries: 19
Am I an elitist?

I hate deathcore and I'm not going to shy away from expressing my opinions. I've said that I've yet to hear a deathcore band that doesn't sound like any other deathcore band to warrant the popularity of the genre. I also said it's essentially a fad for scene kids to hardcore dance to breakdowns. Am I an elitist? D:

kekeke
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-03-2008, 08:38 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Have you heard The Red Chord? I don't really think of them as deathcore but a lot of people do, and I love them.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-03-2008, 08:38 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,130
No, you're right
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-03-2008, 08:39 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,718
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Have you heard The Red Chord? I don't really think of them as deathcore but a lot of people do, and I love them.
I have not, but from what I've heard, they are pretty good.

Actually, I think I have heard a bit of them on Youtube. Do they have a song called "Dogs Can Grow Hair All Over" or something? I heard that and it wasn't bad.

Hey, if they are deathcore, they can't be that bad. They're playing Maryland Deathfest for the 2nd time.
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-03-2008, 08:40 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,718
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
No, you're right
THAT'S WHAT I'M TELLING THESE FOOLS!

Ben Folds Ist Krieg
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-03-2008, 08:40 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I have not, but from what I've heard, they are pretty good.

Actually, I think I have heard a bit of them on Youtube. Do they have a song called "Dogs Can Grow Hair All Over" or something? I heard that and it wasn't bad.

Hey, if they are deathcore, they can't be that bad. They're playing Maryland Deathfest for the 2nd time.
Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over is the Devil Wears Prada. I'm not a big fan.

If you want to get into the Red Chord, hear some stuff from the Clients album: "Black Santa", "Blue Line Cretin", "Fixation on Plastics", "He Was Dead When I Got There", etc. 'sall good.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-03-2008, 08:42 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,718
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over is the Devil Wears Prada. I'm not a big fan.

If you want to get into the Red Chord, hear some stuff from the Clients album: "Black Santa", "Blue Line Cretin", "Fixation on Plastics", "He Was Dead When I Got There", etc. 'sall good.
Okay, I know TDWP very good and I really don't like them. I guess it was a different song I heard from The Red Chord. It was definitely them, though.

*checks youtube*

oh, it's the other dog song, "Dreaming In Dog Years" that I heard.
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-03-2008, 08:43 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Okay, I know TDWP very good and I really don't like them. I guess it was a different song I heard from The Red Chord. It was definitely them, though.

*checks youtube*

oh, it's the other dog song, "Dreaming In Dog Years" that I heard.
Great song. "IT'S NOT GONNA BE ALRIGHT, IT'S NOT GONNA BE OKAY"
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-03-2008, 08:44 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,718
Blog Entries: 19
I will definitely give them a listen when I get home. They have done a bunch of shows with Skeletonwitch, so they can't be terrible.
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-03-2008, 10:23 AM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,966
Shit sux.
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008