After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Angry Hate Eternal -- Lawrence, KS -- November 21st, 2008

One of the worst, if not the worst, concerts I've been to. Hate Eternal was fucking awesome, as expected. Everything else about it, though...

Hate Eternal:

Hell Envenom
Whom Gods May Destroy
Behold Judas
The Obscure Terror
The Bringer Of Storms
Catacombs
To Know Our Enemies
Powers That Be
I, Monarch
Tombeau
King Of All Kings

Hate Eternal: 8.5/10
All Shall Perish: 5/10
Animosity: 4/10
Annotations Of An Autopsy: 3/10

I didn't stay for Job For A Cowboy.

Review/rant coming up. I'm pissed.
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 11-21-2008, 10:32 PM

Where to start? The Bottleneck was packed when I got there, and Annotations Of An Autopsy was already playing. They are the british version of Waking The Cadaver. Horrible. The crowd loved them, but 85% of the crowd were fucking asshole scene kids (Remember this, this will factor in to why i'm so pissed). After what seemed like a long time, Animosity came on. I'll admit that the musicianship was okay. There actually weren't a ton of breakdowns! But the vocalist is probably the worst I've ever heard. He was uncomfortably in the middle between high pitched and low growls and just did too much of BRIE BRIE (well, every band did that night except one [guess]). The crowd loved them. The crowd also crowd surfed a fuckton, which I kinda liked, but ended up causing some problems (remember this part as well, kiddies.) All Shall Perish actually is pretty talented on the guitars and stuff, but most of it was just by-the-books deathcore that is wholly forgettable. Hell, the genre is wholly forgettable. Hate Eternal came on and the sound for them SUCKED, but they made up and they slayed. Catacombs! I left after that.

Here's why this concert sucked (besides the points I've already stated)

1. STOP CROWD SURFING TO GET ON STAGE THEN STAND THERE LIKE A DUMBFUCK TRYING TO SCREAM THE WORDS TO THE SONG WHEN THE SINGER OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T WANT YOU THERE. THE STAGEHAND GUYS PUSHED YOUR FUCKING FAT ASS OFF, DO NOT GO BACK UP.

2. Crowd Surfers, if you hit the mic and it fucks up Erik Rutan's mic/solo/mouth, you're not fucking allowed to go back up there. Or at least pick a different way to go. Jesus Christ.

3. There are a handful of people I see at literally every metal show, no matter how big or small. One of these guys brings his kid to every one. That's fine and dandy, but he thinks because he has a five year old, that it permits him to go directly up to the front and have his kid act like a tard. He's a nice guy and I try and make sure the crowd doesn't hit the kid, but when a 5 fucking year old kid gets up there and plays air guitar with Erik Rutan, the shit has got to stop. Especially after the THIRD TIME.

4. You scene kids/deathcore fans are a bunch of fucking faggots. I was yelling the words to Catacombs and this faggot ass kid in front of me with a shaved head, gauges, plaid shirt (looked like he just came from a Converge gangbang) look backed at me and was laughing at me. So of course I get as close as I can and scream the words into his ear. This fucker just leans on the stage with his head in his hands, just waiting for Job For A Cowboy to get on. What a queer. Kind of a dick move on my part, but after Hate Eternal was done, I yelled "FUCK YOUR DEATHCORE BULLSHIT, HATE ETERNAL KICKS ASS". One kid next to me (wearing a JFAC shirt [unbelievable, right?]) kinda said aside something to the likes of "huhuhu you paid for the ticket so you're helping this deathcore bullshit" which I kindly replied with "WHO GIVES A SHIT, THEY'RE GAY" or maybe I said "faggot" again, I don't really remember. Fucking terrible crowd. As I left, everyone else leaving had on Morbid Angel, Immortal, Hate Eternal shirts on. All that was left were gauges, hardcore dancing, and girl pants.

Fucking faggots.

I also fell because I got pushed into a pit during AAOAA and skinned my knee. pity me
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 11-22-2008, 07:23 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

That's a pretty nice set. More than I expected on this tour. How long did they play for?

Atleast now I know I'm not the only one who's going to see Hate Eternal then getting the fuck out of there. Can't stand deathcore. Venue's less than 10 minutes from my house, though, so I see no reason not to be there.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:27 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Gotta love those Lawrence/KC crowds... I feel your pain...
Old 11-22-2008, 09:30 AM
In Search of Truth

Sorry for all the bullshit. I'm not into this kind of music at all, but I've had variations of these stories from the shows I've gone to.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
That's a pretty nice set. More than I expected on this tour. How long did they play for?
They actually played for a pretty good while, maybe an hour?
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 11-22-2008, 10:44 AM
LET ME FIGHT YOUR BEARS

Fucking Scene kids man, fucking scene kids.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:45 PM

i've been through this shit so much recently its fucking terrible. i cant stand deathcore bands and their fans. i live in LA so we have the worst type of deathcore kids. alot of them are wiggers, scenesters, and big brocore guys who think theyre tough. most of them only like the breakdowns. every deathcore band ive seen these deathcore faggots stand in the pit looking bored until a breakdown comes in so they can hxc dance.
ive seen this happen during whitechapel, emmure, suicide silence, acacia strain, bring me the horizon, born of osiris, beneath the massacre, after the burial, etc.

some of the bands decent but most of them are complete shit. i really cant wait for this deathcore trend to end. especially since deathcore bands keep opening up for bands i want to see so i gotta deal w/ these deathcore faggots.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 11-25-2008, 07:37 AM
N00B

i hear you...Hate Eternal is one of my favorite acts to see live, i unfortunatly missed them when came by but i didnt feel too bad because i knew the kids would be more retarded than anything else. i hope Hate Eternal comes around again and headlines or at least supports a band that deserves to headline...
Old 11-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Bodom blew it 5 years ago

"which I kindly replied with "WHO GIVES A SHIT, THEY'RE GAY" or maybe I said "faggot" again, I don't really remember."

LOL.

Well atleast it was a bad ass Hate Eternal set. Hope your knee gets better.

Tags
hate eternal