Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 11-20-2008, 05:04 PM
maidenpriest's Avatar
maidenpriest maidenpriest is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 1,626
why couldnt i get these more variety sets for phoenix? by the time they got to AZ second time around they took out Egypt and TTLG. and ive still never seen anything off of V... would love to see Church of the Machine and King of Terrors
__________________
Dream Theater- 4/20
Iced Earth -5/1
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Sinfulsot's Avatar
Sinfulsot Sinfulsot is offline
Beware; I am a threadkiller.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
I don't know anything about a curfew in Worcester, so I highly doubt that was the case.

How was the attendance? I was supposed to go to this but ended up not being able to secure transportation. I really wish I had been there, though, I think seeing Symphony X in the upstairs would have ruled.
curfew: it is more speculation than anything. which leads me to believe, the short(er) set was more about a quickie for the fans for the taste before they settle in to record the next. or whatever their plan(s).

venue: it was rather tightly packed in there. during the encore there were two assholes that had to cause trouble. i think they knew each other. asshole #1 had to manoeuvre in front of me and pulled the hair of asshole #2 which more or less tossed him into a bunch of people and asshole #2 took that to mean its slam dance time, but thankfully he kept it short. and no slam dance takers either. also thankfully.

Russell Allen made mention of the intimacy of the upstairs room. but he turned it into being about the weather. "it gets cold in the northeast. and you guys like to be close. sweating on each other like true metal fans".
__________________
Your Friendly Neighborhood Creepy Old Guy
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-20-2008, 11:42 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfulsot View Post
curfew: it is more speculation than anything. which leads me to believe, the short(er) set was more about a quickie for the fans for the taste before they settle in to record the next. or whatever their plan(s).

venue: it was rather tightly packed in there. during the encore there were two assholes that had to cause trouble. i think they knew each other. asshole #1 had to manoeuvre in front of me and pulled the hair of asshole #2 which more or less tossed him into a bunch of people and asshole #2 took that to mean its slam dance time, but thankfully he kept it short. and no slam dance takers either. also thankfully.

Russell Allen made mention of the intimacy of the upstairs room. but he turned it into being about the weather. "it gets cold in the northeast. and you guys like to be close. sweating on each other like true metal fans".
I doubt it was either a curfew or a conscious decision to play a shortened set. Symphony X just generally doesn't play very long, only about 90 minutes. People freak out when they see only 12 songs, but when you account for most of those being 6-7 minutes, it's a lot longer than it seems.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Akumu Akumu is offline
Unhealer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfulsot View Post
I also posted the set list at ultimate metal forum and i was informed at that site that i forgot Eve of Seduction.

I edited my initial post to reflect that.

if it's who i think it is, it was this rather hot blond girl.
haha, no. xD Sorry to disappoint you. Where were you in the venue, btw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33
I doubt it was either a curfew or a conscious decision to play a shortened set. Symphony X just generally doesn't play very long, only about 90 minutes. People freak out when they see only 12 songs, but when you account for most of those being 6-7 minutes, it's a lot longer than it seems.
Mmm. I know they played for 90 minutes, but it just seemed to go by really quickly. Their Hartford gig in April was like that, too.

(Also, hi. I lurked here for a while and finally decided to register. -wave-)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-21-2008, 02:23 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumu View Post
haha, no. xD Sorry to disappoint you. Where were you in the venue, btw?



Mmm. I know they played for 90 minutes, but it just seemed to go by really quickly. Their Hartford gig in April was like that, too.

(Also, hi. I lurked here for a while and finally decided to register. -wave-)
Welcome to Metalsetlists!
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-21-2008, 06:02 PM
kenpierce kenpierce is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 4
I caught Symphony X at Mulcahy's in Wantaugh, NY last night (11/20/08) and the set list was exactly the same as the one from Worshester, MA that was posted. Guessing those who attend the Starland Ballroom show in Sayreville, NJ tonight will see the same thing. Great show just the same, a very tight band and personable Russell Allen. They went on just after 10pm and finished shortly after 11:30. It was not sold out but there was a nice crowd.

Horns up,

KP, Editor
www.piercingmetal.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Sinfulsot's Avatar
Sinfulsot Sinfulsot is offline
Beware; I am a threadkiller.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfulsot
I also posted the set list at ultimate metal forum and i was informed at that site that i forgot Eve of Seduction.

I edited my initial post to reflect that.

if it's who i think it is, it was this rather hot blond girl.
haha, no. xD Sorry to disappoint you. Where were you in the venue, btw?

and thus, it is confirmed: it was not who i thought. not that i'm disappointed. Were there more than two lists the sound guy handed out? i was mainly opposite the bar for the set.
__________________
Your Friendly Neighborhood Creepy Old Guy

Last edited by Sinfulsot; 11-21-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Sinfulsot's Avatar
Sinfulsot Sinfulsot is offline
Beware; I am a threadkiller.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 695
oh, and i was amused with Russell Allen getting blasted by the smoke machine, the "sudden" coughing fit that led to "i told the doctor i would quit", pantomiming a loud toke, "but i can't". of course, there was how he said it along with the whole taking a toke gesture, which if i kept explaining would suddenly lose any funniness.....
__________________
Your Friendly Neighborhood Creepy Old Guy
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Akumu Akumu is offline
Unhealer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfulsot View Post
and thus, it is confirmed: it was not who i thought. not that i'm disappointed. Were there more than two lists the sound guy handed out? i was mainly opposite the bar for the set.
I'm not sure. I know that the people to the right of me just tore the setlist off the stage. I waited at my spot for a few seconds after the band left; it looked like the sound guy came out with a setlist from backstage, and that was the one I got. -shrug-

Russell's jokes were hilarious. I loved the smoking gag, haha. And the "TRUE METALHEADS SWEATING ON EACH OTHER"... yeah, he was looking right at me when he said that, haha. Good tiiiiimes.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
symphony x

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008