ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014
Samhain -- Chicago, IL -- September 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-14-2008, 11:32 PM
N00B

Heathen Crusade 3 -- St. Paul, MN -- November 14th + 15th 2008

so i just got back from the first day of Heathen Crusade 3!

havent heard of most of the bands on the bill like previous years...but i love pagan/black/folk/viking metal, so i know its always going to be a great time!

-Grand Demise of Civilization was the opening band straight from St. Paul, i have never heard or seen these guys before and they literally blew me away! it was black metal and very cool no idea the setlist.

-Lunarium was the next band to play. The singer was about 5'2" and maybe 100lbs. They looked like warriors, cept the singer...and they had a very folky sound to them. they were very very cool! talked to the singer afterwords and he was very excited to be part of this whole thing. this was also the first time he has ever traveled in the upper midwest since they come from ohio. Again, didnt know any songs so no setlist, but i did get a drumstick out of the deal .

-Ulveheim was the 3rd band to play. they came directly from Mexico...and the crowd (who were starting to get drunk at this point) chanted "MEXICO, MEXICO" between every song. They had a more black metal sound until they used this mouth harp instrument which was very cool. and for the last song they used a clarinet. i did snag the setlist when they tossed it out, it is as following.

1) Ulvekrigerne
2) Hammeren mo Korset
3) For Aere Heder oh Fedreland
4) Heimferd
5) Till Siegeren
6) Det Store Slaget
7) Siegerskvadet

it was interesting to see a mexican band playing black/folk metal while singing in norweigen...

-The black metal two piece of Inquisition came up next. for having only two people in the band, it took FOREVER to setup. they singer wanted soo much feedback in the monitors it was ridiculous! they played about 20 minutes before he even said a word to the crowd, and he had to turn off the monitors to be able to speak. They were very cool and even more evil, but it did get a little long since it was often hard to know when a song started and stopped. didnt get setlist on them either.

-Ancient Rites was the headliners for the first day and they put on a very cool show! They took even long than Inquistion to set up since they had more than enough band problems. First of all the bassist was too sick to perform and i think they said he was in the hospital getting medication or something, and they were also drummer-less, since he was expecting a child and didnt want to miss that. they band played with a drum machine that was re-recorded by the drummer at an earlier date just for today's show...without 2 members of the band they still were fun to see even if i was starting toget tired at 1:00am grabbed the setlist off the stage as they were leaving.

1) Templar
2) Mithras
3) Mother Europe
4) Thermopylae
5) Rubicon
6) And the horns...
7) Cheruscan
8) Blood of Christ
9) Invictus
10) Victory or Valhalla
11) Fatherland

getting ready for the 2nd day which has a lot more bands!! i will edit this tomorrow with whatever i know from day 2!

Finally found time to update Day 2 if anyone cared

-Under Eden a local band stared the day off...i saw them before and didnt really care, but this time i seemed to enjoy them a bit more...

-Velnias was up next. they had a blend of old Opeth and Agalloch. they had a very cool candle light setup. awsome set they put on...too bad i dont know the songs. Setlist is as follows (Sovereign Nocturnal in its entirety)

1) Into Arms of Oak
2) Risen Of The Moor
3) Sovereign Nocturnal

-Chaos Moon came up with a loud high pitched piercing scream...i typically like most black metal stuff but i just didnt care too much for these guys. they had some cool riffs but not enough to keep my interest too much.

-i was starting to get tired when Oakhelm hit the stage. at first i didnt really care for them either and decided to sit down, but as their set progressed i started to like it more and more, i even caught myself nodding to there songs without even meaning too

-Nechochwen was this acoustic guy who played 2 seperate sets up in the bar. he was talented at what he did, even though he wasnt metal it was still really cool. i took a picture of his setlist for anyone who care

Set1
1) Gissis
2) [unreadable]
3) Falling Timbers
4) Dove Song
5) Gnadenhutten

Set2
1) Chapel Song
2) Cut-ta-ho-tha
3) [unreadable]
4) Chant
5) By The Fire

-Wolven Ancestry came up with full corpse paint on...a funny store that i witnessed, while using the restroom i saw these guys putting on their paint and one of the members said, "Hey does this look alright?" and the other simply said, "oh whatever" probably had to be there...but these guys were pretty cool so i tried to take note of he songs they played...heres what i came up with

1) As Life Is Forgotten With Time
2) ?
3) A Bloodline of Immortal Passion Bestowed the Harmony of Man and Wolf
4) Silence of the Boreal
5) And Gaia's Wrath of a Thousand Forms of Vehement Torture Will Be Brought Upon Ourselves, the Self-Destructing Human

-Metsatoll came all the way from Estonia to play one show in Minnesota, i was very happy with these guys. they were very cool. They had more of a folk metal sound and had an assortment of different instruments they played wiht on stage, mainly a bagpipe...my friend caught their setlist so i took a picture of it. it contains a few letters for each song as well as tons of scribbles and pictures of animals. its pretty funny, i will have to post it. here is wat i can make out

1) Hundiloom
2) [squiggles with a picture of a dog]
3) [more squiggles with a picture of a duck]
4) Iiva
5) Raev
6) Soja
7) Pojad
8) Saaremaa
9) Loic
10) Sutex

-Mohawk and all,Woods of Ypres took the stage. this band definitly didnt fit any image i would have guessed to be on this tour. i have one of there cds and i enjoy it, but i wasnt expecting them to look like they did...anyways here are the songs i knew

1) Your Ontario Town is a Burial Ground
2) The Shams of Optimism
3) Crossing the 45th Parallel
4) The Sea of Immeasurable Loss
5) A Meeting Place and Time
6) Awaiting the Inevitable

-Moonsorrow was closing down the festival. with only 2 shows ever in the United States, both being in Minnesota, i found it very fortunate that we have this festival so close to my home...i tryed to recall all the songs from the evening so i will have some missing songs, but i have a majority...here it is.

1) Tulimyrsky
2) 1065: Aika
3) Kylän päässä
4) ?
5) Ukkosenjumalan Poika
6) Pakanajuhla
7) Tulkaapa Äijät!
8) Jotunheim
9) Raunioilla
10) Sankarihauta
11) ?

it SHOULD be fairly accuarate, but id expect something to be wrong in there somewhere...both days were amazing though, here is to Heathen Crusade 4!

Last edited by immortalkz; 11-17-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

Sick Ancient Rites setlist

Try and get the Moonsorrow setlist tonight if you can!
Old 11-17-2008, 04:39 PM
N00B

updated OP

Finally found time to update Day 2 if anyone cared

-Under Eden a local band stared the day off...i saw them before and didnt really care, but this time i seemed to enjoy them a bit more...

-Velnias was up next. they had a blend of old Opeth and Agalloch. they had a very cool candle light setup. awsome set they put on...too bad i dont know the songs

-Chaos Moon came up with a loud high pitched piercing scream...i typically like most black metal stuff but i just didnt care too much for these guys. they had some cool riffs but not enough to keep my interest too much.

-i was starting to get tired when Oakhelm hit the stage. at first i didnt really care for them either and decided to sit down, but as their set progressed i started to like it more and more, i even caught myself nodding to there songs without even meaning too

-Nechochwen was this acoustic guy who played 2 seperate sets up in the bar. he was talented at what he did, even though he wasnt metal it was still really cool. i took a picture of his setlist for anyone who care

Set1
1) Gissis
2) [unreadable]
3) Falling Timbers
4) Dove Song
5) Gnadenhutten

Set2
1) Chapel Song
2) Cut-ta-ho-tha
3) [unreadable]
4) Chant
5) By The Fire

-Wolven Ancestry came up with full corpse paint on...a funny store that i witnessed, while using the restroom i saw these guys putting on their paint and one of the members said, "Hey does this look alright?" and the other simply said, "oh whatever" probably had to be there...but these guys were pretty cool so i tried to take note of he songs they played...heres what i came up with

1) As Life Is Forgotten With Time
2) ?
3) A Bloodline of Immortal Passion Bestowed the Harmony of Man and Wolf
4) Silence of the Boreal
5) And Gaia's Wrath of a Thousand Forms of Vehement Torture Will Be Brought Upon Ourselves, the Self-Destructing Human

-Metsatoll came all the way from Estonia to play one show in Minnesota, i was very happy with these guys. they were very cool. They had more of a folk metal sound and had an assortment of different instruments they played wiht on stage, mainly a bagpipe...my friend caught their setlist so i took a picture of it. it contains a few letters for each song as well as tons of scribbles and pictures of animals. its pretty funny, i will have to post it. here is wat i can make out

1) Hundiloom
2) [squiggles with a picture of a dog]
3) [more squiggles with a picture of a duck]
4) Iiva
5) Raev
6) Soja
7) Pojad
8) Saaremaa
9) Loic
10) Sutex

-Mohawk and all,Woods of Ypres took the stage. this band definitly didnt fit any image i would have guessed to be on this tour. i have one of there cds and i enjoy it, but i wasnt expecting them to look like they did...anyways here are the songs i knew

1) ?
2) The Shams of Optimism
3) The Sea of Immeasurable Loss
4) A Meeting Place and Time
5) Awaiting the Inevitable

-Moonsorrow was closing down the festival. with only 2 shows ever in the United States, both being in Minnesota, i found it very fortunate that we have this festival so close to my home...i tryed to recall all the songs from the evening so i will have some missing songs, but i have a majority...here it is.

1) Tulimyrsky
2) 1065: Aika
3) Kylän päässä
4) ?
5) Ukkosenjumalan Poika
6) Pakanajuhla
7) Tulkaapa Äijät!
8) Jotunheim
9) Raunioilla
10) Sankarihauta
11) ?

it SHOULD be fairly accuarate, but id expect something to be wrong in there somewhere...both days were amazing though, here is to Heathen Crusade 4!

Tags
ancient rites, chaos moon, grand demise of civilization, heathen crusade, inquisition, lunarium, metsatoll, moonsorrow, nechochwen, ulveheim, under eden, velnias, wolven ancestry, woods of ypres