Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Old 10-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Beware; I am a threadkiller.

Amon Amarth -- Worcester, MA -- October 18th, 2008

The final leg is complete. Amon Amarth were super tight and pumped. And let me disclaim now that if they played anything after Victorious March, such as Cry of the Blackbirds, I split, which i kind of regret but it's done and done, but if they really always do it, it will be incentive for the next time they swing by.

quick report:
entered to The Absence already playing, approx 8:15ish. caught their last three numbers. They closed with a Testament cover, Into the Pit.

Belphegor: tonight i wore ear plugs and the singer's banter may have been muffled, but i could barely make it out. inbetween the 2nd & 3rd song was something that included "Hail Satan". Between 5 & 6, we were asked if we were ready for Satan and then we chanted: HAIL HAIL. In total, 7 songs plus an intro.

Ensiferum were one reason why i bought my ticket. i am looking forward to their appearance at the next paganfest. i am not going to post their set list because of too many blanks. The last three were Tale of Revenge, One More Magic Potion, and Iron, but only b/c they were told to us and i heard the guy in spite of the ear plugs.

Amon Amarth: the other reason.

Intro
Twilight of the Thunder God
Runes to My Memory
Asator
North Sea Storm
Free Will Sacrifice
Valhalla Awaits Me
Guardians of Asgaard
When Silent Gods Stand Guard
Death in Fire
Where is your God?
Victorious March

Okay, so maybe not so quick. but despite the setbacks, it was a good three days. next week's "one off" should be good.

AND I am eternally grateful that the singer announced every song.

Last edited by Sinfulsot; 10-18-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:22 AM
N00B

Good writeup, seeing this tonight....PUMPED!
Old 10-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

I was there. Amazing show.

Ensiferum's setlist was
1. Ad Victoriam (Intro)
2. Blood Is The Price Of Glory
3. Token of Time
4. Ahti
5. Treacherous Gods
6. Tale of Revenge
7. One More Magic Potion
8. Iron

I was also there mainly for Ensiferum. It was my fourth time seeing Amon Amarth.

I have to say, though, I've NEVER seen so many douchebags at a show as last night. Aside from the multitude of people who brought their girlfriends and got pissed when she got pushed just like everyone else on the floor, there were these two people behind me who, whenever I started to headbang during Ensiferum, would elbow me in the back of the head to stop. This wasn't an accident, as it happened multiple times until I got frustrated in the middle of Treacherous Gods, and I felt their elbows move from where they were on my back to block my head.

Oh, and you're not the only one who couldn't understand Belphegor's vocalist's banter. No one I've talked to has any idea what he said.

And while it hardly needs clarifying, yes, AA played Cry of the Blackbirds and ended with Pursuit of Vikings.

Last edited by JuuKun; 10-19-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:25 PM
N00B

The Absence setlist:

1. Riders of the Plague
2. Dead and Gone
3. Echoes
4. The Murder
5. From Your Grave
6. Into the Pit (Testament cover)

Belphegor setlist:

1. The Goatchrist
2. Sey Todt in Schwartz
3. Belphegor (Hell's Ambassador)
4. Justine Soaked in Blood
5. Stigma Diabolicum
6. Lucifer Incestus
7. Bondage Goat Zombie

Such a sick fucking show! My new goal in life is to drink Sam Adams from a mead horn.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Master's Apprentice

I went to the show in Toronto was pretty damn sick. I met the guy who made Metal A Headbangers Journey and the show its self along wit the pits was intense
Old 10-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Beware; I am a threadkiller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
Good writeup, seeing this tonight....PUMPED!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
I was there. Amazing show.

Ensiferum's setlist was
1. Ad Victoriam (Intro)
2. Blood Is The Price Of Glory
3. Token of Time
4. Ahti
5. Treacherous Gods
6. Tale of Revenge
7. One More Magic Potion
8. Iron

I was also there mainly for Ensiferum. It was my fourth time seeing Amon Amarth.

I have to say, though, I've NEVER seen so many douchebags at a show as last night. Aside from the multitude of people who brought their girlfriends and got pissed when she got pushed just like everyone else on the floor, there were these two people behind me who, whenever I started to headbang during Ensiferum, would elbow me in the back of the head to stop. This wasn't an accident, as it happened multiple times until I got frustrated in the middle of Treacherous Gods, and I felt their elbows move from where they were on my back to block my head.

Oh, and you're not the only one who couldn't understand Belphegor's vocalist's banter. No one I've talked to has any idea what he said.

And while it hardly needs clarifying, yes, AA played Cry of the Blackbirds and ended with Pursuit of Vikings.
i've seen that place packed before, but it was wall to wall ppl. sounds like those douches needed what i call the throat grab. preferably up against the wall. optionally growling, "What the fuck!"

I saw belphegor's singer manning their merch table when AA was on. i didn't talk to him, but it looked he was a regular guy back there. weird, huh?

Tags
amon amarth, belphegor, ensiferum, the absence