Redemption
King Of Nothing
Root Bound Apollo
Inspiration On Demand

Encore:
The Light That Blinds
What Drives The Weak
A Fire In Babylon

Yes I know it's very long and very unlikely they would ever do anything close to this live but since I like everything they've released so far it's the bands own fault for it being so long
Old 10-21-2009, 11:27 PM
N00B

Ya 29 songs might be a bit much haha. Why no Eternity is Within??? That song is the second best on War Within to The Power of I and I. I would love to see a 29 song set from them. They are basically the only metal band I have not seen live yet and I'm pissed about it. I want to see Fair's dreads go into a windmill. BAD ASS. I think Shadows Fall could have been soooo much bigger if their other albums besides War Within and Retribution were as epic as those two. I think War Within is in the top five metal albums of the last 15 years and Retribution is in the top 20 in the last 15 years. The other albums I like, but just aren't quite as epic. Each other album, Fallout From War, Threads of Life, and The Art of Balance (not counting older ones) have like 3 or 4 really good songs and thats about it, just my opinion.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Concert Veteran

Eternity Is Within is a good song but far from their best if you ask me. I've seen them live twice. Once with Lacuna Coil and Stone Sour and then like a year later on their own. Unfortunately for the show they played on their own they had booked a small tour just a couple weeks in advance and they booked a venue here in Buffalo that was in a part of the city not too many people venture to anymore and it was also a venue that was rapidly loosing popularity. The venue never promoted the show and less than a hundred people showed. It's not really the bands fault because I feel they were a victum of bad marketing and booking on that. They still played well and did a full headline set despite the lack of people there. Brian's dreads are looooong as hell I wouldn't be surprised if he accidently steps on them from time to time

If you don't think that Of One Blood and The Art Of Balance are as epic as The War Within and the new one then I suggest you listen to them again.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Intro: Path To Imminent Ruin
My Demise
Still I Rise
Enlightened By The Cold
Storm Winds
Idle Hands
Crushing Belial
Taste Of Fear
A Public Execution
Of One Blood
Failure Of The Devout
Thoughts Without Words
The Power Of I and I
Embrace Annihilation
War
Stepping Outside The Circle
Final Call
The Art Of Balance
Dead And Gone
Picture Perfect
Destroyer Of Senses
To Ashes
Redemption
King Of Nothing
Root Bound Apollo
Inspiration On Demand

Encore:
The Light That Blinds
What Drives The Weak
A Fire In Babylon

Yes I know it's very long and very unlikely they would ever do anything close to this live but since I like everything they've released so far it's the bands own fault for it being so long
Mine would be similar with In Effigy throw in. They NEED to bring Crushing Belial back!
1/28 - Machine Head
Old 10-22-2009, 10:05 PM
N00B

Sanitarium, I am a huge Shadows Fall fan and I know Of One Blood and The Art Of Balance really well. I just don't think they are as epic as War Within and Retribution. Was it cool seeing them with less thn 100 people in the audience? I think that would be weird. How was Stone Sour. That is another band I would love to see. After Slipknot is done touring for All Hope is Gone, Stone Sour better release another album because their two albums are absolutley amazing. Every song from them is five stars on my ipod. I actually did here Cory and Jim were writing new stuff for Stone Sour duringn the last Slipknot tour.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:18 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
Sanitarium, I am a huge Shadows Fall fan and I know Of One Blood and The Art Of Balance really well. I just don't think they are as epic as War Within and Retribution. Was it cool seeing them with less thn 100 people in the audience? I think that would be weird. How was Stone Sour. That is another band I would love to see. After Slipknot is done touring for All Hope is Gone, Stone Sour better release another album because their two albums are absolutley amazing. Every song from them is five stars on my ipod. I actually did here Cory and Jim were writing new stuff for Stone Sour duringn the last Slipknot tour.
Corey has said he will do Stone Sour again, its just that, both Stone Sour and Slipknot are HUGE, so while he's doing one, he cant do the other. He basically has to do Slipknot til its done, in like another another and a half, then do Stone Sour. Hes planning a solo album too. He's gonna be a busy bunny
Old 10-23-2009, 09:37 AM
N00B

Solo album???? That's awesome, what musicians are gonna play on it?
Old 10-23-2009, 10:44 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

No idea, he'll probably do what slash is doing, have a varying line up on the album, then a set line up for touring. I reckon Shawn Crahan will be involved as Shawn and Corey are very very close, other than that its anyones guess. I'm more excited for the tour, chance to see some rarer Stone Sour and Slipknot stuff like maybe Zzyx rd. and Circle live.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
It was deffinately a little weird seeing them with so few people there but it was also very cool in a way because you felt like you were getting a very special and intimate performance and maybe that's why the band booked this little mini tour so little in advance maybe they wanted that intimate experience but I can't be sure.

Stone Sour was very good when I saw them and so was Lacuna Coil Cristina Scabbia is so fuckin hot and has an amazing ammount of energy ever time she's on stage. I heard about Corey Taylor's solo album a few months ago i'm not sure when it'll be complete though or if it's gonna be that good I heard something about it being very experimental. I like Slipknot a lot but I like Stone Sour better. Slipknot can be a little chaotic musically, vocally and image wise but Stone Sour is straight up no bull shit hard rock and Corey is able to show off his great singing voice more with them. That's mainly why I like them better.

Too bad they weren't coming out with new stuff right now as i'd love to see them and Shadows Fall tour again. Instead SF has to play second fiddle to a band that is way beneath them musically in 5FDP right now I actually like 5 Finger but there's just no way they should be headlining over SF it could at least have been a co-headling tour. I know SF has been around longer and 5 Finger is more popular right now but if you add up career totals on album sales SF has got them beat.