Not Alone
The Weak Willed
It Dwells In Me
Before the Damned
Undone
For Salvation
Six
This Calling

As someone pointed out in the other thread, Foreigner's "Jukebox Hero" came on just before they came out. Then they came on stage to the beginning of Kirisute Gomen.

Trivium
Kirisute Gomen
Becoming The Dragon
Insurrection
A Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation
Like Light To The Flies
Into The Mouth Of Hell We March
Down From The Sky
Rain
Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr

Trivium headlined this particular show. They didn't do an encore. I'm guessing it's because they are co-headlining with ATR, so neither one gets an encore?

Don't get me wrong though, the concert was fucking AMAZING! If I had to complain, it would be that Trivium didn't play a couple more songs. Their set lasted about 45 minutes, and I was hoping for an hour. Oh well, it was still a blast! For those who are wondering, yes, Matt did do quite a bit of the screaming this time around. That was nice to hear. But him and Corey switched off the screams as expected.

Also, Trivium was the victim of some equipment flaws during the set. During "Gunshot", Corey's guitar messed up and you could tell something was wrong because Matt kept going over and talking to him. Then Corey left the stage to get it fixed, and then his solo came up and he wasn't back yet! So Matt improvised and he goes "Guess I'll sing Corey's solo" and he started vocally doing Corey's solo, lol. It was pretty cool that they kept it going like that. Matt did play a little bit of the solo as well. We were all so into the show that no one cared that the solo wasn't played perfectly. Corey finally came back just in time for the break down "HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY!" and it was fucking magic from then on for them.

Travis also had several problems during the set as well. At one point I saw him motioning that he was on his last drumsticks (cause he breaks them quite often) and someone had to rush to get some more. Also, something was wrong with some of his cymbals. I'm not sure exactly what, but in between songs they were unscrewing them and tightening them up.

Matt got on the mic in between songs and asked for people to give it up for Travis because he's having a rough night with his equipment so far. Then he asked us if it bothered us at all, to which the crowd responded "hell no!" Also, they were like, "is anyone a drum tech in here?" Haha. So then they continued to play as if nothing was wrong. Truthfully, musically you couldn't even tell anything was wrong because of the volume of the music anyways

In conclusion, this was the first time I had seen either ATR or Trivium, and they both fucking ripped the place up! It was an AWESOME show to say the least. Also, right after we walked in to the place, Phil from ATR walked by us to go up to the second floor for some reason. That was pretty cool, since he was so casual about just walking around the place. Some of us who recognized him were like "YEA ATR FUCKING RULES!" and he threw up the horns. Seems like a cool guy. I will definitely go see them again if they come around.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by jimcarrey363; 10-11-2008 at 07:13 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Beware; I am a threadkiller.

Seeing this show next week at a venue i've never been to before.

More specifically, i made great time in the dead of winter to the place to get thwarted by a show cancelled sign. which i should have investigated more fully b/c it was Chimaira.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:36 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcarrey363 View Post
For those who are wondering, yes, Matt did do quite a bit of the screaming this time around. That was nice to hear. But him and Corey switched off the screams as expected.
Now, I'm no Trivium fan at all, but I've managed to see them 3 times live opening for other bands, and they're alright live if I have to see them again - but Matt should really give up growling. They sound way too forced coming out of his mouth. When I saw them just before The Crusade came out, Corey handled most (if not all of) the growls, and it was just SO much better than the other two times I've seen them. They should really just stick with that IMO.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:31 AM
the wicked path

The wise option for Matt Heafy would be to just shut up overall, but considering that isn't gonna happen anytime soon, let Corey handle growls. Or even better, since it doesn't fit the music, just quit the growling and learn to sing.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:36 PM
N00B

Why the hell is Trivium only playing 45 minutes? That makes no sense
Old 10-13-2008, 06:44 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultribe03 View Post
Why the hell is Trivium only playing 45 minutes? That makes no sense
Yea, I'm not really sure. I'm guessing all the people who don't like Trivium will say that's too long anyway, but I really really thought they would throw a couple extra songs out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
Now, I'm no Trivium fan at all, but I've managed to see them 3 times live opening for other bands, and they're alright live if I have to see them again - but Matt should really give up growling. They sound way too forced coming out of his mouth. When I saw them just before The Crusade came out, Corey handled most (if not all of) the growls, and it was just SO much better than the other two times I've seen them. They should really just stick with that IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altmer7989 View Post
The wise option for Matt Heafy would be to just shut up overall, but considering that isn't gonna happen anytime soon, let Corey handle growls. Or even better, since it doesn't fit the music, just quit the growling and learn to sing.
Also, I don't agree that Matt's screams look too forced. I thought both him and Corey did an awesome job with the screams/growls. But obviously we would see that differently since I like Trivium and you don't.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:00 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcarrey363 View Post
Also, I don't agree that Matt's screams look too forced. I thought both him and Corey did an awesome job with the screams/growls. But obviously we would see that differently since I like Trivium and you don't.
Not look forced. Sound forced.

And, I used to like them. Then I saw them live touring for Ascendancy with Matt screaming, and that completely ruined the band for me. But you're entitled to your own opinion.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Beware; I am a threadkiller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcarrey363
Not look forced. Sound forced.

And, I used to like them. Then I saw them live touring for Ascendancy with Matt screaming, and that completely ruined the band for me. But you're entitled to your own opinion.
my first exposure to trivium was when they opened for Iced Earth on IE's second leg after they headlined the NE metal & hc festival. Beyond the Embrace also supported.

what caught my attention then was Entrance to the Conflagration video with much cleaner vocals. i saw them for the Crusade tour, or pre-Crusade since the date i was at was before the release of the record. seeing them supporting Maiden made the trip for me, even with the bassist's technical difficulties. i've been diggin' them for a while now.

now i said all that to now say for me harsher growl vocals sound more or less the same to me...

edit:
now that i think about their previous live performances that i have seen, Matt should stick to cleaner vocals.

Last edited by Sinfulsot; 10-13-2008 at 02:08 PM. Reason: to get the post in before i am auto logged out, i think i have more to say
Old 10-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Regretting my username

Where was this show at?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Catch The Rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altmer7989 View Post
just quit the growling and learn to sing.
Amen!

Tags
all that remains, trivium