hay guise wuts goin on in this thread lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfvMTsKn_Bc
Old 10-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Beware; I am a threadkiller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
hay guise wuts goin on in this thread lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfvMTsKn_Bc
he didn't really say what we shoud be doing, but repeat of what was done during the Depression was loud and clear. maybe i missed it?

the price of oil has also dropped. the lowest gas station i know of has regular unleaded for $2.999/gallon.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

My opinion and it's your own damn fault if follow it: those with funds which you probably won't be needed for the next 5 - 10 years should be investing right now (for the brave) or at least dollar cost averaging (for the less brave) into an index fund right now. You'll make a pretty damn good rate of return in that time frame. This fucker won't last forever, although it probably won't go up as fast it as went down. Our econonmy isn't THAT fucked up.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:26 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

The people didn't want this fucking bailout and they did it anyway and it didn't even work. We put guys incharge like Paulson, who is worth 500 million dollars btw from running shit at Goldman Sachs, who the fuck do you think he's going to give the better end of the deal to? The working class or the corporate execs who took the bailout money and used it to go on vacation? Then we get George-Einstien-Friedman-Greenspan-Bush Jr, who im incredulous that noone has shot with a harpoon gun yet, on tv expecting people to take him seriously when he talks about the economy.

If things keep getting worse don't be shocked when you see the government move to socialize the banking systems.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
The people didn't want this fucking bailout and they did it anyway and it didn't even work. We put guys incharge like Paulson, who is worth 500 million dollars btw from running shit at Goldman Sachs, who the fuck do you think he's going to give the better end of the deal to? The working class or the corporate execs who took the bailout money and used it to go on vacation? Then we get George-Einstien-Friedman-Greenspan-Bush Jr, who im incredulous that noone has shot with a harpoon gun yet, on tv expecting people to take him seriously when he talks about the economy.

If things keep getting worse don't be shocked when you see the government move to socialize the banking systems.
A couple of points:

1. To be fair, the congressional bailout hasn't even started yet.

2. The government has already begun to socialize the financial system.

3. A lot of people need to go jail over this. A LOT of people.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:47 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post

Just this? A LOT of people need to go to jail for this fucking war that has killed more than 4000 of our soldiers and pissed off the rest of the world, this 10 trillion dollar debt, the wiretapping, the loss of habeas corpus, and much much more.

We live in a nation of precedence. If we allow Bush to escape without punishment for destroying our nations defenses, Constitution, and economy, then the next president will be able to do the same thing.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:19 AM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
A couple of points:

1. To be fair, the congressional bailout hasn't even started yet.

2. The government has already begun to socialize the financial system.

You're right on. It's just that I don't see this bailout fixing everything, I mean I hope that it does, but if it fails I don't see the government passing up the opportunity for this grab at power. It pisses me off that the government will give out nearly a trillion dollars to keep some corporations afloat, yet they could've given everyone a healthcare plan for a fracton of the cost, shows were their priorities are. This is not how our government is supposed to work.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Satan's work is done!

Quote:
You're right on. It's just that I don't see this bailout fixing everything, I mean I hope that it does, but if it fails I don't see the government passing up the opportunity for this grab at power. It pisses me off that the government will give out nearly a trillion dollars to keep some corporations afloat, yet they could've given everyone a healthcare plan for a fracton of the cost, shows were their priorities are. This is not how our government is supposed to work.
Fair enough, but the bailout isn't expected to suddenly fix everything. It's meant to curb the slide some and to give a bottom to the financial system, which could fall indefinitely with such a severe lack of liquid capital.