Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Slipknot -- El Paso, TX -- October 29th, 2014
Saint Vitus -- London, England -- October 29th, 2014
King Diamond -- Seattle, WA -- October 28th, 2014
King Diamond -- Salt Lake City, UT -- October 26th, 2014
Raven -- San Francisco, CA -- October 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Children of Bodom -- New York City, NY -- October 9th, 2008

An amazing show, everything I expected and a little bit more (Perilous Nation *cough*). I went all the way to Brooklyn to jam out with a friend some hours before, and once we were done we took the subway and got back to the city at around 4:30, had some BK, and got on the line at about 5:00. We got there fairly early, the line was only about 100 feet or so from the doors. We went around a bit in the back to see if the bands were there and we ended up talking to Testament's roadie and John Ostronomy from Talking Metal. After some waits and shit the line started moving and we entered the doors at 7:15 (Hammerstein always works a bit late). Me and my friends worked up to the left side of the barricade, perfect for holding a spot and for viewing. After waiting about 15 minutes or so, Between the Buried and Me came on, and as expected, they were boring and repetitive (let's put it this way, give or take 13 breakdowns in their 3rd song, which was thankfully their last.) After that, The Black Dahlia Murder came on, and they were'nt as bad as BTBAM, but they were still kinda mediocre and overall uninteresting. They had a 30 minute set, and once they were done, the real show started.

When Testament started the intro, crowd started chanting "TESTAMENT" over and over again, and they seemed appropriately greeted when they came out on stage. They blew everyone away with their music, the pits were at a large and the people were headbanging and shit, it was crazy. Skolnick was (as always) a beast on the shred, and Peterson was top notch with the rhythm, as well as his leads on Formation of Damnation and Perilous Nation. It's never been a surprise why Slayer hired Bostaph, he is a machine on the drums and he's found peace in Testament. Christian was also on a slapping role, giving great fills and overall great rhythm. Chuck Billy was a behemoth to no surprise, ranging from amazing growls to powerful gritty vocals. They were all moving around, energetic as always, definately a great performance and a superb follow up to the Metal Masters tour.

After a 15 minute wait, Bodom came on with their opener of Team America's "fuck yea" theme song or something, which the crowd responded to. Opening with Follow the Reaper to Downfall, they definately showed their mastery of the past songs as well as the new songs. It was a perfect mix for this kind of tour, and Bed of Razors was just out of this world. Other staples were Children of Decadence, Silent Night, and Hatecrew Deathroll. Late in the set (around In Your Face), Alexi finished the song and threw his guitar at the floor in what seemed to be frustration, and the edge of the V fell off the guitar. It was quite amusing to watch, and he went backstage and got back on quickly after. Keyboard solos, guitar solos, harmonies, everything was a total win. The only minor complaint was that Jaska had only bass drum and that led to a bit under-par bass sound, especially notable during the sound check and his drum fill solos. Overall, this show blew me away and I am definately seeing both of them when they come around again.

Testament

1. For The Glory Of...
2. Over The Wall
3. Into The Pit
4. The New Order
5. Perilous Nation
6. More Than Meets The Eye
7. Henchman Ride
8. D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
9. 3 Days In Darkness (Extended)
10. Formation of Damnation

^ I MIGHT be a bit off with the order, if you know anything 100% please correct me, thanks

Children of Bodom

1. Follow the Reaper
2. Smile Pretty for the Devil
3. Silent Night, Bodom Night
4. Living Dead Beat
5. Hellhounds on My Trail
6. Sixpounder
7. Blooddrunk
8. Angels Don't Kill
9. Children of Decadence
10. Chokehold (Cocked N' Loaded)
11.Hate Me!
12.Bed of Razors
13.In Your Face
14.Hate Crew Deathroll
---
15.Everytime I Die
*Don't Stop Believin' jam*
16.Downfall

Last edited by SerpentineVIVIVI; 10-11-2008 at 06:18 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Sad Wings Of Destiny

Quote:
5. Perilous Nation
God Dammit! I knew I should have gone to this show!
Old 10-10-2008, 03:47 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Please don't tell me that Children of Bodom was the headliner?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:32 PM
N00B

Looks like Bodom had the same set as every other show.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Please don't tell me that Children of Bodom was the headliner?
yea they were, Testament were doing a one-off warm up show for Preast Feast so since they were in the New York area they were the second to last band on

(trust me, I know testament should have headlined, but in respects, it was bodom's tour)

Tags
children of bodom, testament