Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 10-04-2008, 09:08 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

I miss the old IMBB.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
Lokia is actually playing our pick 'em game. No, she is not my wife.

Allan is probably completely out of metal at this point. I'm pretty sure Bouville is back in Peru although we lost contact a long time ago.

Hecho is still around. I usually see him when Maiden or Priest come around the Southland.

ADD? Many of us have known him since he was a thirteen year old Megadeth fanboy. He's damn near grown up on us.

As much we may miss some of our older members, I'm pretty happy with the number of new members we're getting. People come and go. That's cool. N00bs and veterans are posting new set lists every day. A number of people (like Manvkill and ravenheart) have really stepped their contributions to metalsetlists -- really to metaldom because that's we're all about.
FYI I got the wife idea from a picture of you two at Disneyland (at least I thought it was you two).

I respect Allan's decision, but what does "cut all ties with metal" even mean? Doesn't listen to it anymore, doesn't actively follow it? The former somewhat worries me as it makes me wonder if I would eventually grow out of it, which would kinda suck, considering I've been wasting many, many, years on it.

I never knew Bouville moved back to Peru. Last I heard he was in Texas.

ADD was a Megadeth fanboy? I don't ever remember that. I haven't declared dead in the water him just yet, cos he has shown up recently.

Completely agree on the new people. This thread was by no means an insult to them. I was just missing some people.

Shit, I forgot about FerociousWillie and KillYourFace!
Old 10-04-2008, 09:10 PM
MY LEG!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
I miss the old IMBB.
Me too. There are still alot of big names that still post on the IMOC. Khan is an admin, TP is still one of the top posters, Lew still posts there alot.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLardsAlot View Post
Hehe, some of my fondest memories of all of us were pre-MetalSetlists, back on the IMBB. Every night around miidnight (EST), Pavo would start up a "Now Playing" thread, and the only people that would post in it were me, Pavo, Heco, Allan (then Lightbearer), Bouville, Powerslave_85, ADD, TP, and then big IMBB people that never came here like Khan, Lew, Chimera, Tony the Tiger, and Cyrus. And we'd just post whatever we playing, but it was like a hang out spot too.

Ahhh good times
Nemesis (under a different name) was a big part of that IMBB crew. Those were pretty good times.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:11 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLardsAlot View Post
Yeah, it's weird when you think about it. I mean, we've all known each other for so long, we've grown up with each other, though many of us do not actually "know" each other. I've known Addi since he was 13, many of you guys have known me since I was 15. Now we're old
How true. I hadn't really thought about that until right now. I joined the Maiden board when I was 13. It is just kind of weird to think it was really that long ago and I've known you all for sooo long and never met any of you, despite attending many similar shows. Hell I almost traveled 1,100 miles to go to a show with "other" Jeff (SpiralSlave), but it turned out for the better in the end. I have met Bloodcurse personally as he doesn't live too far from me and has attended shows my band has played. I've talked to a few of you in other forms (AIM, Facebook, Myspace), but I don't think I've ever met up with anyone else, despite attending several similar shows (a lot of our board is northeast/New Jersey/NYC-based). But yeah, what you said is totally true.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:11 PM
MY LEG!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Shit, I forgot about FerociousWillie and KillYourFace!
FerociousWillie is playing in the Football Pick 'Em.

KillYourFace checks here from time to time.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:12 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
I miss the old IMBB.
Seconded.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:13 PM
MY LEG!!

Quote:
Nemesis (under a different name) was a big part of that IMBB crew. Those were pretty good times.
Oh yeah, how could I forget! What the heck was her name again? It was a 4 letter word, German for 'toad', haha. I forget what though :-P
Old 10-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
I miss many of our original members because many of the friendships went offline onto the rails and into the pits of many a concert. I'm pretty open about my concert experiences but the best stories are the ones that will NEVER get told on the internet.
That's friggin easy for you to say, with me being stuck all by my lonesome up in the fucking Northeast/middle of the country.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:15 PM
MY LEG!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
How true. I hadn't really thought about that until right now. I joined the Maiden board when I was 13. It is just kind of weird to think it was really that long ago and I've known you all for sooo long and never met any of you, despite attending many similar shows. Hell I almost traveled 1,100 miles to go to a show with "other" Jeff (SpiralSlave), but it turned out for the better in the end. I have met Bloodcurse personally as he doesn't live too far from me and has attended shows my band has played. I've talked to a few of you in other forms (AIM, Facebook, Myspace), but I don't think I've ever met up with anyone else, despite attending several similar shows (a lot of our board is northeast/New Jersey/NYC-based). But yeah, what you said is totally true.
Yeah. Me, Overkiller, and KillYourFace have known each other since like 7th grade. I've known Div since I started college 3 years ago.

Next gig we're both at, we'll have to meet up.