Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Warrior -- San Marcos, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 09-28-2008, 10:24 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

What Is Slipknot's Message & What Do They Stand For In Their Songs

Old 09-28-2008, 10:33 AM
MY LEG!!

That they suck as hard as Disturbed.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLardsAlot View Post
That they suck as hard as Disturbed.
Can you play Stricken and Before I forget on expert on GH III?

I have a very hard time with the second half of the bridge in Before I Forget . * sigh *

FYI ALL from The Law: You're all reasonably free to express your opinions, but mindless 'bashing' will not be tolerated. If you're unhappy about something, at least moan constructively.

I'm not sure Slipknot has to stand for something, just like a lot of metal bands. They do some creative things that I enjoy but I strongly doubt the band will be meaningfully remembered for their contribution to the evolution of metal. Slipknot does their thing while collecting Hot Topic Dollars. A lot of you just fucking hate them for it. Others are attempting to be cool in joining the anti-herd herd. I say let the kids who wears their maggot suits to Slipknot gigs have their fun. A mosher at heart, I'm saving my scorn for hardcore dancers.

Last edited by hot_turkey_ed; 09-28-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Regretting my username

I dont like Slipknot, but some of their recent stuff (as well as Stone Sour) is pretty catchy. Its not really 'good' metal, but its okay music. I like Joey Jordison's work outside of Slipknot (with Ministry and 3 Inches of Blood). I am not that familar with their early nu-metal stuff, but I think what I have heard sucks. Their schtick is lame and annoying, and most of their fans are trashy hicks.

They seem to feed on the teenage angst felt by Midwestern kids who are 'trapped' by their parents, schools, religion, etc. I really liked their commentary on Metal A Headbangers Journey.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:16 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

people say they have a message or something. i think its pretty much if you cast me out well fuck you i dont care we will rise up aganist you and fuck the world and everyone else
Old 09-28-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
I dont like Slipknot, but some of their recent stuff (as well as Stone Sour) is pretty catchy. Its not really 'good' metal, but its okay music. I like Joey Jordison's work outside of Slipknot (with Ministry and 3 Inches of Blood). I am not that familar with their early nu-metal stuff, but I think what I have heard sucks. Their schtick is lame and annoying, and most of their fans are trashy hicks.

They seem to feed on the teenage angst felt by Midwestern kids who are 'trapped' by their parents, schools, religion, etc. I really liked their commentary on Metal A Headbangers Journey.
if your not firmilar with early slipknot you might like it.try stuff from slipknot and iowa
Old 09-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
people say they have a message or something. i think its pretty much if you cast me out well fuck you i dont care we will rise up aganist you and fuck the world and everyone else
That seems to be the attitude that I gather from kids at my school. To some extent, I feel the same way. But I am able to formulate complexed thoughts and articulate my arguments. I feel that I can debate someone and try to change their mind, maybe fix the system from the inside, better than just saying 'fuck you', going out to skateboard, and smoke reefer. Those things are not constructive or beneficial in the process of change.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:33 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
just saying 'fuck you', going out to skateboard, and smoke reefer.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:33 AM
MY LEG!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
Can you play Stricken and Before I forget on expert on GH III?

I have a very hard time with the second half of the bridge in Before I Forget . * sigh *
No, but a band having a song that is taken by a company and given a crazy-hard cord overload does not make them good music.

Quote:
FYI ALL from The Law: You're all reasonably free to express your opinions, but mindless 'bashing' will not be tolerated. If you're unhappy about something, at least moan constructively.
To quote Anthrax ... I am the law.

Quote:
If that is any bands message, I don't care how good they are, they don't deserve to be listened to.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
i feel like that