Masked Intruder -- Kansas City, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Machine Head -- Springfield, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Downset -- Albany, NY -- July 24th, 2014
Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Is there anybody listening?

Motorhead -- Asbury Park, NJ -- September 21st, 2008

Great weekend....got to meet Motorhead at the Virgin Megastore in Times Square, NYC on Saturday and then saw them the next night in Asbury Park at the Stone Pony. At the signing the guys were all pretty cool and friendly...Lemmy, of course, was accompanied by his bottle of Jack. The show was amazing however. I wasn't even planning on going, mostly because of the Misfits, but after they dropped I felt it would be more worth it with Motorhead getting a longer set.
Anyways, I got there late to avoid the hours of local support and actually arrived in perfect time to see the last half of Valiant Thorr and get a good spot for Motorhead. It was kinda like a festival setup with a bar and such so most of the people were chilling around there which enabled me to get a nice spot on the rail right in front of Lemmy. The show was great and man they were fucking loud! I had a great time and even caught one of Phil's picks at the end. Awesome weekend!
And the set:

Dr. Rock
Stay Clean
Be My Baby
Rock Out
Metropolis
Over The Top
One Night Stand
Roasalie
In The Name Of Tragedy
Just 'Cos You Got The Power
Going To Brazil
Killed By Death
Iron Fist
-------------------------------------(encore)
Whorehouse Blues (acoustic)
Ace Of Spades
Overkill

I feel like they played another song off of Motorizer besides Rock Out but I cannot remember what it would have been if they had played anything else at all....
Old 09-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Is there anybody listening?

oh yeah and heres a pretty good pic of Lemmy I got....pretty good for my cell phone that is

Old 09-26-2008, 07:02 PM
N00B

i believe the other other song was. " the 1000 names of god" thats what they played in NYC.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:56 AM
N00B

I saw the NYC show at the Roseland, it was awesome. They played "The Game" over the speakers and Tripple H came out and introduced them. He and his wife (Stephanie McMahon) were on the side of the stage headbanging the entire show. Scott Ian and some minor celebs were on the upper level hanging out during the show as well.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:46 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waycos View Post
I saw the NYC show at the Roseland, it was awesome. They played "The Game" over the speakers and Tripple H came out and introduced them. He and his wife (Stephanie McMahon) were on the side of the stage headbanging the entire show. Scott Ian and some minor celebs were on the upper level hanging out during the show as well.
yeah i met scott ian and some comedian whos name i dont remember currently.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Motorhead should not be playing "Rock Out." First of all the song sounds like a ripoff of "Ace of Spades" and Lemmy actually utters the phrase "rock out with your cock out."

Tags
motorhead