Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Old 08-17-2008, 08:47 PM
The Cheese

Aether & Ashes

Hey folks, so my old band Baptized By Fire split in January. It's been a long year for me... all kinds of crazy drama in my life, but I've finally had a chance to focus on music again. The vocalist from Baptized By Fire and myself have started a new band called Aether & Ashes. It's just us right now, which means all instruments are by me, and no drummer, so... yeah...

Anyways, we've got two songs online on our MySpace... an original piece called, "Twenty-Two" which is a more personal song than normal from me, and not really metal, so yeah... and a cover of Judas Priest's "Living After Midnight" because fuck it, why not? Apologies in advance about the drum machine on the latter - I'm not very good with it (yet.)

So anyways, hope you enjoy it, at least a bit. We have a few new songs coming soon, and a re-working of the old Baptized By Fire song, "Hell Is Here."

Old 08-18-2008, 01:01 PM
In Search of Truth

The Living After Midnight cover musically sounds really great, not that it's a hard song but it's well done nonetheless. Your singer sounds nothing like Halford but at least he does a good job singing the song.
The original track is a nice ballad, the piano playing is solid.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Band broke up? It happens.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:30 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
The Living After Midnight cover musically sounds really great, not that it's a hard song but it's well done nonetheless. Your singer sounds nothing like Halford but at least he does a good job singing the song.
The original track is a nice ballad, the piano playing is solid.
Thanks, glad you like it. It's definitely an easy song, but it's fun. We weren't originally planning to cover it or anything, it was just a spur of the moment thing so we'd have more than one song to begin with on our MySpace

And thanks also, this is the first time I've really chosen to center a piece around the piano. I have some issues with the mix, but that's a problem for a demo heheh.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:35 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Band broke up? It happens.
Yeah, we never officially broke up, but we never played in 2008, and the other principal member of the band, a close friend of mine, and I had a falling out at the beginning of the year. We're on friendly terms now, but he's involved with another band, and honestly I'm pretty okay with the change of pace. This year has been rough for me, so it's been slow going with the music, but that's finally changing. I'm hoping to get some more songs finished quickly here, as I feel we've got some pretty cool stuff.

But yeah... it does happen. Bands = drama hehe.