Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014
Samhain -- Chicago, IL -- September 13th, 2014

Old 08-26-2008, 08:56 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay

This is an old game that I was able to play on a friends PC the other week, some of you may have heard of it. I must say I was never a big fan of Vin Diesel because I only knew him from movies like xXx and Fast & the Furious, which made him seem like another shallow "tough guy" actor, but then I watched the Riddick movies and thought those were pretty cool, then I looked online and it turns out he has his own videogame studio and he likes to play D&D. Who would've guessed?

Anyway it takes place in a prison and plotwise the game opens up right before Chronicles of Riddick takes place, then the rest of the game is a flashback to before Pitch Black happened. I'd call the gameplay a cross between Doom 3 and Splinter Cell. There's some parts with heavy gun fights, others you're sneaking around shooting out lights. Sense the game takes place on a jail planet there's also alot of prison related side quests going on, like shiv'ing other inmates, fighting rings, drugs, and if you find hidden packs of cigarettes you can unlock extra content and stuff. Otherwise the game is pretty simple, you play as Vin Diesel and try to escape from jail by using your creepy shine eyes, brute force, and a bunch of witty comebacks. Also, the game is pretty long too, I thought it was about to end several times but it just keeps going.

Usually movie games suck ass, but this was really fun and the production seemed like what you'd expect from a big name game like Halo or something. You can probably find it for cheap on ebay or for free on rapidshare/bittorrent. Getting to punch out Xzibit alone is worth it.