Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 07-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

GAMMA RAY VIRTUAL SHOW 8/3/08...WITH A TWIST?

METALSETLISTS.COM

in association with 187.4 WBALZ radio presents...

GAMMA RAY "CEMETARY IN THE CLOSET!!" VIRTUAL SHOW

on

Sunday night, August 3, 2008 at 8:30PM

So I finally decided I'm gonna do a Gamma Ray show next Sunday night! 2+ hours of your favorite Kai Hansen classics. Who knows, Micheal Kiske might even show up to sing a few Keeper songs. It's not like he's doing anything better these days.

So you're probably wondering what the "twist" is. You're also probably wondering why I titled this show after a phrase that Kai Hansen would never utter if his family's life depended on it. Well, believe it or not, there is a degree of separation of sorts between "I hate those shy bitches" and a Gamma Ray title. Is it an album title? a song title? That's what you have to find out! And you're reward for for discovering it? You actually get to make a request!

Yea, I'm a little stingy with virtual shows, mainly because I've already taken time out of my day to throw together a playlist, listen to it to make sure it flows nicely! But I'd be willing to fuck that all up, if you were willing to figure out the connection! Any Gamma Ray or Helloween request you want (well Kai Hansen-era, as I'm pretty sure he's not gonna be so motivated to sing Time Of The Oath)...even if I don't own it! (though I have to be able to find it on youtube in complete song form, or you can give me the song using other hooligan matters. Otherwise how am I going to hear the song?)

Either that, or I owe you a favor.

So yea...Gamma Ray next week here in this thread at 8:30!

Why does Eddie Murphy "hate shy those bitches" and what does it have to do with Gamma Ray?

Edit: Congrats to Maiden33 for figuring out my lame ass riddle!

Last edited by JRA; 07-29-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:21 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

I wish there was a way to stream the music over the net so we don't have to que up our own players, especially sense I don't have a full Gamma Ray discography (i guess youtube might be able to patch up some holes). Regardless, if I'm back from atlantic city by 8:30 I will be here.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:31 PM
In Search of Truth

I'll try to be here. I love me some Gamma Ray. Armageddon better be played! Ditto Last Before the Storm.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
I wish there was a way to stream the music over the net so we don't have to que up our own players, especially sense I don't have a full Gamma Ray discography (i guess youtube might be able to patch up some holes). Regardless, if I'm back from atlantic city by 8:30 I will be here.
If it makes you feel better I don't have a full one either. Hell you probably have more than I do.

BTW, the answer must be PM'd to me.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:17 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Too late in the day for me, unfortunately.

I reckon you should throw in a curve-ball early Iron Savior track

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Old 07-28-2008, 03:49 AM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Damn what happened to the Motorhead virtual show idea? Maybe if I'm really bored one of these days I'll do it, in honor of the new album which comes out in August.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:22 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

I'd be all over a Motorhead one! Earlier in the day, of course

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Old 07-28-2008, 07:26 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
Damn what happened to the Motorhead virtual show idea? Maybe if I'm really bored one of these days I'll do it, in honor of the new album which comes out in August.
I didn't say a damn thing about a Motorhead virtual show. I merely lamented on the fact that I didn't think that there were enough Motorhead fans here for that to happen. And yea, I was proven wrong, but I didn't say anything else about it.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

So after concluding that perhaps I was a little too esoteric with this riddle (I figured, if I gave too many hints, someone could just google it in 30 seconds), I've decided to drop a hint (and this way everyone can see, so no unfair advantages...wow I am being so alone here).

Alright, "I hate those shy bitches" is a quote from an Eddie Murphy stand-up special. Granted he was doing stand up long before Gamma Ray formed but that's not the point. The point is, somewhere in this comedy bit, is a Gamma Ray "catchphrase" of sorts.

You can use the internet of course, I wouldn't expect anybody to figure it out if you couldn't.

So yea, go look up or watch some Eddie Murphy hating on shy bitches, and you just might figure out how I managed to make a very, very, weak ass degree of seperation beween Eddie Murphy and Gamma Ray.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:18 PM
In Search of Truth

Got it!

From the Eddie Murphy bit about "Shy bitches"

"those are usually the ones that have
the most skeletons in their closet."

Gamma Ray - Skeletons in the Closet - the live album released in 2003 which features a special live set of mostly rarities, as voted by fans.

I WIN.