Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014
Samhain -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 19th, 2014

Old 07-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

It's weird, aside from one encyclopedia type book, I have never owned a single Batman book in my life. Yet somehow, the guy managed to snaggle a place into my childhood. I watched the animated series whenever I could, and I loved both Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. Of course back then I was too stupid to realize what very little value those two movies actually held, but the point is I ate that shit up back in the day.

B&R does have one redeemable quality, it was the only time in my eyes that Uma Thurman was considered wack off material (and yes that includes Pulp Fiction).
Old 07-20-2008, 08:22 PM
MY LEG!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
It's weird, aside from one encyclopedia type book, I have never owned a single Batman book in my life. Yet somehow, the guy managed to snaggle a place into my childhood. I watched the animated series whenever I could, and I loved both Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. Of course back then I was too stupid to realize what very little value those two movies actually held, but the point is I ate that shit up back in the day.

B&R does have one redeemable quality, it was the only time in my eyes that Uma Thurman was considered wack off material (and yes that includes Pulp Fiction).
Yeah, see I never really got into comics. But I saw every single episode of the Batman: Animated Series, it was my favorite show as a kid. Also, the original Batman movie from the last 60's with Adam West was one of my favorite movies as a kid, and still is. That got me into the original TV series with Adam West, and I also enjoyed the more recent movies of the past 20 years.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:06 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Is anyone else boggled by how the depiction of the entire Batman world has changed from the Adam West shows to this movie?
Old 07-20-2008, 09:42 PM
MY LEG!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Is anyone else boggled by how the depiction of the entire Batman world has changed from the Adam West shows to this movie?
Yes and no.

I started writing this big multi-paragraph post, and by the 3rd paragraph, I kinda changed what I was thinking, haha. Anyway, I agree with you because even though it's the same story (kinda), the same hero fighting the same foe, they movies couldn't be more different, and it's rather bizarre. But at the same time, back in the day, those comic books had a much lighter, more fun sense to them. But in the 80's and so on, comics began to take a darker, more thriller sense to them. And so with the change in the comics, there was a new style for the movies.

Thats how I see it.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:44 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Well it's simple really,

Old 07-20-2008, 09:46 PM
MY LEG!!

Cesar Romero was a great Joker I love the original movie and TV series so much.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:56 AM
We're dying on the inside

Goddamn, the other Jokers look really silly next to Ledger's
Old 07-21-2008, 09:53 AM
The Cheese

I saw Dark Knight twice this weekend. Absolutely amazing. One of those movies where every aspect is well conceived and crafted. I pretty much had to see it again though... the crowd was so loud the first time I missed a ton of dialogue.

I also have to say I went in apprehensive that Ledger's Joker would live up to the shit-ton of Hype (Oscarzzz!111) but I am convinced. That was a hell of a performance.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:46 PM
MY LEG!!

I HOPE THEY KEEP DOING THESE MOVIES AND IN THE NEXT ONE THE RIDDLER IS THE BAD GUY AND THEY CAST DANE COOK TO PLAY HIM HE'S SO FUNNY LOLOLOLOLOL

--- Possible Spoilers (Though I think everyone's seen the movie ...) ---

But seriously, I'd like to see if the Nolan's can do another Batman, and while I think it's pretty much impossible to top this one, I'd like to see more from them. And if they did come out with another, who do you guys, or who would you, like to see as the villain and who would you like like to see play the role?

I personally wouldn't mind any of these:

The Riddler -
Penguin -
Catwoman -
Clayface -

Hell, I think it would even be cool if they worked Harley Quinn into the mix. Even though the Joker never died or anything in Dark Knight, it's pretty obvious he won't be returning in the next one, so they could say that the Joker was killed and Harley out to avenge him.

Hmm, I'm having trouble coming up with actors who would fill those roles very well. I'll think about it and come back and edit this post ... but I'd like to see what you guys think anyway.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:25 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

I saw this in IMAX today. Absolutely incredible.