Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014
Queens of the Stone Age -- Philadelphia, PA -- July 20th, 2014
Queensryche -- Waukesha, WI -- July 19th, 2014
Killswitch Engage -- Providence, RI -- July 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-12-2008, 02:51 PM
N00B

Smile Summer Slaughter -- Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2008

I plan like i said earlier to give a pretty in depth review as well as much setlists as i can remember.
Well first me and my buddys got there about 2 hours before the doors opened just to ensure a good spot in line and so forth.
We got there we decided to eat some pizza theres a spot right by the Hob in hollywood that has some pretty good pizza but bummer is that its 5 dollars a slice. But anyways, doors opened at 430 we got in there and first band which was whitechapel went on at bout 5.
And for those that has read my posts in previous messages know that i said i wil eliminate dancers.
so during whitechapel (which was the ONLY band that got around to having dancers) i stood right in the middle of the pit if a dancer would get close to me i would push them as far as possible. After whitechapel there was a few more bands that could have dancing music but all the metal heads got hint of what i was doing and thats how it was the whole night.
So now on with individual band reviews.

WhiteChapel:On album i hated there debut cd, and there newest cd which is "this is Exile" i thought had 2 decent songs.Other then that bunch of generic deathcore. At summer slaughter they did not impress me, they came out with an intro that was just a breakdown. They reall do not need three guitarists for the fact they do not even use it it just makes guitars sound kinda muddy.
drums were alright, vocals were ehh.
Setlist:
Intro(breakdown)
Vicer Exciser
Eternal refuge
This Is Exile
??(i think it was somatic defilement though)

Psycroptic: One of the first bands i really wanted to see. And these austrailian death metallers fell no where short of my expectations. For those who went to this show, right when Psycroptic started i was the guy in the middle of the pit just windmilling. They killed and this band was definittly the end of dancing. Pits just circled and pushed and were brutal. Psycroptic set my mood.
Setlist:
The Colour Of Sleep
Merchants of Deciet
Lacertine Forest
Alpha Breed

Born of osiris: All i have to say Is wow!This was the biggest pile of shit i heard all night. The guitar tone was shitty the drummer looks like something in planet of the apes. This band was just utterly terrible. Very Sloppy as well.
Still they were a "dance" kind of band but we already eliminated that every time someon would even try to dance we would just push them as hard as we could. HAHA pussys.
Setlist:
Intro(dumb Ass Breakdown)
Rosecrance
Brace Legs
Empires Erased
Abstract Art
Bow Down
Open arms To Damnation

Aborted: For people who read in previous posts i said i would kill during aborted and i defintlly did.The pit Was Awesome i killed the whole time in it.
There Sound was really heavy and thick sounding it was awesome. Second Band to get the crowd in kill mode. My fav line all set by them was "LETS SEE SOME FUCKING BLOOD OUT THERE." SICK! They Were outstanding.
Setlist:
Meticulous InVagination
Avenious
I35
Heriditery band
Sanguine Verses
Dead Wreckoning

Despised Icon: This Is one of the very few deathcore bands i actually do like But coming on after aborted i just was not feeling them. I stood back and watched and eventually took a smoke break. As Far as dancers my fellow metalheads had that covered. They didnt perform bad just not one of my favs.
Setlist:
Furtive Monolouge
Sunset Wil Never Charm Us
A Fractured Hand
Bulletproof Scales
In The Arms Of Perdition

Faceless: They were Definitlly pretty cool. im Not a big fan or the new song on myspace but they definitlly have some talent. The pits were pretty cool i was in it for a bit then decided to stand back. They Has to cut there set one song short which kinda sucks but it was still cool.
Setlist:
An Autopsy
Pestilence
New song- Xenocrat:this song was pretty cool but it sound lie there trying to hard to be technical.
New song- Ancient Covenant
(the song that was taken of was Hypocrisy)

Cryptopsy: Im a big fan......... OF OLD CRYPTOPSY. Not only does the new vocalist suck and is very monotone with his constant squeel sounds the new music is just awful. When the came on there was a LORD WORM chant and all see flo shaking his head back and forth hahaha. HE WAS CRYIN.
They were shitty VERYYY SHITTY.
Setlist
Intro( WAS THAT JOKE THING ON MYSPACE "ITS DINNER TIME")(FAGGOTS)
Worship your Demons
We Bleed
Cold Hate, Warm Blood
Slit Your Guts
Phobophile

Vader: WAS FUCKING INCREDIBLE!! Pits were awesome they sounded tight clean, Full of energy amazing. I think they should have gotten like ten more min but its all right they still kicked ass Lots of ass. They used laboga amps for anyone thats interested in guitar equipment.
Setlist:
Between Day and night
ShadowFear
Silent Empire
Sothis
Epitaph
Carnal
Wings

Kataklysm: FUCK!!! They have some energy. Earlier in the day When Me and my buddys got pizza the guys from kataklysm were there so we started talking to them and ate pizza with them. REALLY REALLY cool guys. Down to earth and everything. They really know how to get the crowd pissed of and just fuck it up. CANADIAN DEATH METAL!
Setlist:
Prevail
Chronicles of the Damned
Chains Of Power
Like Angels Weeping
Blood On The Swans
Crippled And Broken
Taking The World By Storm
Let Them Burn
Shadows And Dust(Wall Of Death)

Black Dahlia Murder: They were siimply Black Dahlia. Those who seen them before know what i mean. Lots of energy Trevor with no shirt on. PLAY EXACTLLY LIKE THE album. awesome they are machines they never mess up.
Shannon lucas, the drummer, is the man they were great.
Setlist:
Elder Misanthropy
I worship only what you Bleed
What A horrible night to have a curse
A Vulgar Picture
Statutory Ape(some giant ape came out on stage haha)
Everything Went Black
Flies
Closed Casket Requiem
The Blackest Incarnation
Im Charming
Funeral Thirst
Climatic Degradation
Nocturnal
Miasma
Deathmask Divine

Overall Pretty badass show.
Besides a few bands, everyone i had high hopes for killed and far beyond exceeded expectations.
Great Show and if you are a death metal fanand this tour has not passed you up i encourage you to go. Thank you for reading.
_Matt
Old 07-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Tasty Vader set!

And lol @ Flo and the chant.
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 07-15-2008, 11:59 AM
N00B

can i get some fucking comments haha
just sa good job or something fuck i ook like 2 hours to write this review and setlists and i get one comment haha but plenty of views fuck come on
Old 07-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakksminime View Post
i ook like 2 hours to write this review and setlists
Were you typing with one finger?

20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
Old 07-15-2008, 06:10 PM
N00B

so glad you said that about whitechapel, born of osiris, and the new cryptopsy singer...i agree with almost all you said except about despised icon being good
Old 07-15-2008, 09:12 PM
N00B

to raven lol no but i was taking little breaks and blinded i never said they were good i just didnt say they were bad i think that one vocalist is pointlesssss

Tags
aborted, born of osiris, cryptopsy, despised icon, kataklysm, psycroptic, the black dahlia murder, the faceless, vader, whitechapel