Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014
Styx -- Peachtree City, GA -- September 27th, 2014

Old 06-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric/Funeral55 View Post
2.Another funny thing about the the tour poster is that not only did it give us false information about doing any songs from Killers but the band didn't even bother to put "Somewhere in Time" in the setlist but "Fear of the Dark" instead? That really is a kick in the balls to a fans intelligence.

3.You don't have to agree on this but I think I know why Iron Maiden has gotten so lazy with their set list for this tour. Remember when Bruce said "Fuck America and its fat, old, self satisfied, Wal-mart loving ass."? That is true to a certain extent because the current set list was mainly compiled to please the more shall I say "casual" Iron Maiden fans as well as give the younger crowd a introduction of who Iron Maiden is. Every song on that set list is in some way a commercial hit for them except for a few songs such as Revelations, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Moonchild, The Clairvoyant, and Hallowed Be Thy Name.
I disagree Maiden is lazy with this set list, or recent ones. My one word response: Rime. Songs I hadn't before: Aces High, Powerslave, Rime, Moonchild. That's a quarter of the set list right there, more so in terms of minutes on stage. Heaven Can Wait may on be on that list but I can't remember the Gimme Ed list off the top of my head. Your list at the end is about a third of it.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
However, Iron Maiden doesn't present annoyance / frustrations that aren't typical to a lot of bands.
I disagree. Most of my grievances are pretty exclusive to this band.

BTW, I wasn't complaining at all about the routing of this current tour. It was all on me that I wasn't able to see them this time around, and I don't fault them at all for it. However, this is the first time they've been here for a headlining show since I last saw them, which was 5 years ago.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:

I want a live album from every tour. If more bands made an official boot available a la Metallica, I'd be all over it.
Metallica's setlists are different every night though.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Yep.

In this day and age, live DVDs are much better than live albums, especially when the band has a live show like Maiden's.

(BTW, Josh, awesome sig "I cursed you, Steve. I cursed your fucking heart today.")
Old 06-08-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
The Metallica set list I can most about is the one they're playing at a show I'm attending. The official boot becomes the ultimate audio souvenir of the night.

Ditto with any Maiden. It would make it special hearing my show in itunes as opposed to the one you heard somewhere else. I want my show booted, complete with audio warts with band fuckups (i.e. Steve's bass went out during Revelations the first night of Irvine).
Old 06-08-2008, 12:20 PM
D.B.B.

yeah but i think the reason maiden doesn't but up boots on their website is because they never change the set. so it would make sense on their part. just go look for the show on torrents or something. works fine for me
Old 06-08-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
yeah but i think the reason maiden doesn't but up boots on their website is because they never change the set. so it would make sense on their part. just go look for the show on torrents or something. works fine for me
Not many do the official boot thing in metal. Metallica is the only one that comes to my mind. To the band it may not matter because it's the same set list but as a fan, I want my specific show.

I don't do torrents for music.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:50 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
I don't do torrents for music.
haha man damn i forgot how u guys don't download ur music haha oh shit my bad
Old 06-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post

(BTW, Josh, awesome sig "I cursed you, Steve. I cursed your fucking heart today.")
I ususally hate that type of "Tim and Eric, quirky, electic" lookin shit, but when that line hit me I fell off my chair laughing.

Last edited by JRA; 06-08-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:49 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Fuck the ozzfest crowd anyway. Here's a quote from some idiot on another message board.

Quote:
I recently saw Iron Maiden open for Sabbath. That's when I took a leak. Maiden sucks.
That post was made in sept. 07 so Im not sure what show he's talking about, but I'd assume it was when they (not so "recently") played ozzfest. So there's really no point in trying to please people like that cause they don't know what the fuck they're talking about anyway, and anyone who says Maiden sucks yet also bows to Sabbath probably isn't a metal fan and just thinks Sabbath is cool cause their name is popular. Same goes for that guy you mentioned who walked out because of Janick "posing". He was probably some pretentious douche who was thinking "this guy is acting all goofy, this is embarrassing, I can't be seen here" which makes him and all his opinions on life invalid.

Moving on. I don't have a problem with Maiden setlists because it's still a Maiden show and that makes it good. Sure I can nitpick about what songs I would change out, but in the end it's still a good show (still, Caught Somewhere In Time should've been a no brainer to have on this tour), even tho the current setlist is alot more fun than the AMOLAD setlis was, and there were no people telling me to sit down this time (what the fuck was that about?)

Lauren Harris really doesn't deserve a place in this tour, even if her dad is in the band. If anything, I feel embarrassed for her trying to act cool with the "how the fuck are you doing tonite, put your hands in the air" routine, yet everyone is thinking "my god get the hell off the stage already". I managed to effectively utilize her stage time to go find a bathroom, but most people had to sit through it. Not to mention her band members look like complete tools. And I don't care how hot she is, that's not an excuse, especially sense 80% of the people are sitting too far back to even get a good look at her.