Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

  #1  
Old 09-26-2004, 01:34 PM
es156's Avatar
es156 es156 is offline
Somewhere Back In Time
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,957
Metallica -- St. Louis, MO -- September 25th, 2004

9/25/04, Savvis Center, St. Louis, MO

1. Blackened
2. Fuel
3. Wherever I May Roam
4. Leper Messiah
5. Frantic
6. I Disappear
7. Disposable Heroes
8. St. Anger
9. Guitar Solo (Kirk Hammett)
10. Fade to Black
11. Master of Puppets
12. Damage, Inc.

13. No Leaf Clover
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Sad But True

16. One
17. Enter Sandman

18. Blitzkrieg
19. Seek and Destroy

Total Time: 135min

Lineup:
Vocals/Guitar: James Hetfield
Guitar: Kirk Hammett
Bass: Robert Trujillo
Drums: Lars Ulrich

Excellent, high-energy show. Pleasant surprises in the setlist (Disposable Heroes, Leper Messiah). Tons of pyro and explosions, especially during One (I thought that I was going deaf). Godsmack was very good, but I don't know their stuff well enough to provide a setlist. Sully Erna did the dual drumset solo with Shannon Larkin and it was excellent!
__________________
08/18: Alice In Chains
08/19: Alice In Chains
09/21: Overkill
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-26-2004, 02:03 PM
hot_turkey_ed's Avatar
hot_turkey_ed hot_turkey_ed is offline
Director, Set List Intelligence
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 10,829
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by es156
9/25/04, Savvis Center, St. Louis, MO

1. Blackened
2. Fuel
3. Wherever I May Roam
4. Leper Messiah
5. Frantic
6. I Disappear
7. Disposable Heroes
8. St. Anger
9. Guitar Solo (Kirk Hammett)
10. Fade to Black
11. Master of Puppets
12. Damage, Inc.

13. No Leaf Clover
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Sad But True

16. One
17. Enter Sandman

18. Blitzkrieg
19. Seek and Destroy

Total Time: 135min

Lineup:
Vocals/Guitar: James Hetfield
Guitar: Kirk Hammett
Bass: Robert Trujillo
Drums: Lars Ulrich

Excellent, high-energy show. Pleasant surprises in the setlist (Disposable Heroes, Leper Messiah). Tons of pyro and explosions, especially during One (I thought that I was going deaf). Godsmack was very good, but I don't know their stuff well enough to provide a setlist. Sully Erna did the dual drumset solo with Shannon Larkin and it was excellent!
Thanks for the info! I caught three of their dates in California earlier in the year. I was on the rail at one. The heat from the pyro during Fuel... the blasts before one... HOT DAMN! During my final gig, I viewed the One pyro from the seats and it was impressive... it looked like a war zone in the dark.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-26-2004, 02:29 PM
es156's Avatar
es156 es156 is offline
Somewhere Back In Time
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed
Thanks for the info! I caught three of their dates in California earlier in the year. I was on the rail at one. The heat from the pyro during Fuel... the blasts before one... HOT DAMN! During my final gig, I viewed the One pyro from the seats and it was impressive... it looked like a war zone in the dark.
We were on the floor just a few feet from the stage and I thought I was in a war zone! It was crazy. I was wondering about how intense it must be for the spot-light crew hanging from the lighting rig. It was a great show. I had not seen Metallica since the Black Album tour, so I thought it was about time.

\m/
__________________
08/18: Alice In Chains
08/19: Alice In Chains
09/21: Overkill
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-26-2004, 03:32 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Everywhere Else
Posts: 22,954
Weak setlist.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-26-2004, 05:11 PM
es156's Avatar
es156 es156 is offline
Somewhere Back In Time
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
Weak setlist.
Why is that? Were you hoping for more songs from Load?


The more songs they play from Master of Puppets the better, in my opinion.


\m/
__________________
08/18: Alice In Chains
08/19: Alice In Chains
09/21: Overkill
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-27-2004, 08:30 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Everywhere Else
Posts: 22,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by es156
Why is that? Were you hoping for more songs from Load?


The more songs they play from Master of Puppets the better, in my opinion.


\m/
Besides the MOP songs:

-not even close to enough songs from Kill' Em All(The Four Horsemen, Motorbreath, Jump in The Fire, Phantom Lord, etc.)
-Ride The Lightning, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Creeping Death...?
-1 more from AJFA at least(Harvester Of Sorrow, the title track)

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-28-2004, 04:49 PM
WorldSlavery82's Avatar
WorldSlavery82 WorldSlavery82 is offline
Ahhhhh
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
Besides the MOP songs:

-not even close to enough songs from Kill' Em All(The Four Horsemen, Motorbreath, Jump in The Fire, Phantom Lord, etc.)
-Ride The Lightning, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Creeping Death...?
-1 more from AJFA at least(Harvester Of Sorrow, the title track)

that would be nice. I'll be catching the new jersey show in a couple weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-28-2004, 06:09 PM
hot_turkey_ed's Avatar
hot_turkey_ed hot_turkey_ed is offline
Director, Set List Intelligence
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 10,829
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldSlavery82
that would be nice. I'll be catching the new jersey show in a couple weeks.
I just noticed they are coming back to California... I'll catch one (Anaheim) for show and will gun for two (SJ).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-14-2008, 07:54 PM
metalmilitia54 metalmilitia54 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 134
fucking awesome!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
metallica

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008