Nile -- Baltimore, MD -- April 15th, 2014
Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14th, 2014
Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014
Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 07-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Large Marge sent me.

Mötley Crüe loosely dishes out “The Dirt” in their newest album, Saints of Los Angele

According to the old school Mötley Crüe fans or sometimes refereed to as “Crueheads.” Lead singer, Vince Neal, lead guitarist, Mick Mars, Bassist, Nikki Sixx, and drummer Tommy Lee are the exact definition of girls, parties, sex, and drugs in the world of hard rock and heavy metal from their debut album, Too Fast for Love(1981) to the record that helped Mötley Crüe reach peak popularity in 1989 with their fifth album, Dr. Feelgood. It has been eleven years since the original line up of the band released a new studio album, Generation Swine(1997) and they have not failed to deliver! Much like “The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star” by Nikki Sixx’s side project, Sixx: A.M. Saints of Los Angeles is lyrically based on their tell all autobiography ‘The Dirt’. The book written by the band and author of the book ‘The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pick-up Artists’, Neal Strauss. This album screams all of the aforementioned subjects Mötley Crüe is about. This thirteen track album tightly packages all the things the Crüe are best well known for and compounds it into a organized shmorgisboard, that is something old and new Mötley Crüe fans will exuberate for years to come. This is the best and most experimental album the band has done since their 1994 self titled album, Mötley Crüe with John Corabi on vocals. Both of these albums are similar because of the injection of clean blood into the structure of music and lyrics. In 1994 it was John Corabi and now it’s James Michael, D.J. Ashba, Marti Fredrickson, and even Mr. Mars’s input. Aside from the album itself. There is one thing that really stood out that made me very happy. That thing is Mick’s dynamite guitar playing. Mick truly is a great guitar player and the unsung hero of Motley Crue. He lets his guitar do the talking on stage while the rest of the band gets all of the publicity. Mick also has seven co-writes on the new album. My final conclusion is like I said before, Saints of Los Angeles is Mötley Crüe’s best work since their self titled album, and if done correctly this album might be able to help put the Crüe back on the map musically instead jail terms, sex tapes, and O.D’s. Mötley Crüe is on tour now supporting their new album through a festival modeled after Ozzfest called Cruefest. The bil consists of Mötley Crüe, Papa Roach, Buckcherry, Trapt, and Sixx: A.M. The Tour is named as "The Loudest Show On Earth." I think Motorhead would like to have a word with you, guys. For more information and tour dates on the festival. Check out www.Motley.com or www.myspace.com/motleycrue.

Enjoy,
Ian

Last edited by Electric/Funeral55; 07-03-2008 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Edits needed to be made.