Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Oscar, Allan, and Addi are gone....why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Changing of the guard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
And Bouville...and metaldrummer....
We are definitely having a changing of the guard. People come and people go. It's to be expected. While certainly I miss these people -- especially because I used to hit concerts offline with them -- we have a ton of new people on the board. A lot of our set lists are coming from newer names.

Here are some updates:

Oscar / Hecho... some of you may remember... he was getting into bootlegs quite a bit... then his computer broke... and his activity never returned. His cell pretty much goes to VM all the time now.

Allan made some personal choices that steered him and his family away from metal.

Bouville? He fell into Blaze's Lake Of Fire, maybe a chupacabra finally got him at a dig. Not sure.

ADD is still here... just not posting like before... he's a senior in high school and it's spring. Not sure about MetalDrummer.... I believe he's a senior too...
Old 03-18-2008, 10:22 PM
The Cheese

I miss Hecho agreeing with things 100%.

I can't believe it's been almost 5 years since I first started posting on the IMBB. I haven't even really bothered with whatever board Maiden has up now though.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

One other mention that I'm really proud... recently metalsetlists got tags for set lists... I did a few here and there to demonstrate them up front... but a few of you came together and tagged hundreds into the thousands of set lists. That is very fucking cool and tells me everything I need to know about how we're doing.

You guys fucking rock!!!

Old 03-18-2008, 10:24 PM
The Cheese

I also remember when this place was a dinky little community

Old 03-18-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheese View Post
I miss Hecho agreeing with things 100%.

I can't believe it's been almost 5 years since I first started posting on the IMBB. I haven't even really bothered with whatever board Maiden has up now though.
Five years is ago... I was talking to someone tonight about ADD... old IMBB folks remember his early days as a thirteen-year-old-megadeth-fanboy. Now, he's a seriously badass metal fucker... probably one of the most knowledge musical resources here.

Quote:
I also remember when this place was a dinky little community

We're still pretty dinky but growing and healthy. I still find just as exciting as day one when someone posts a set list or a review from the great unknown. We have people damn near everywhere. It's a pretty damn small world.

It would be cool if one of these of days we can find a way to get a few folks together for Nemesis in Germany. She has been here from almost the start -- maybe the start -- despite the fact that her time zone places her outside a lot of the busy times.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:37 PM
The Cheese

It's funny how much has changed in five years. I remember posting on the IMBB as a pro-Republican anti-alcohol non-Queensryche fan. I can't really imagine being called a Republican now I can't remember a large portion of my 21st birthday, and I've been to a few Queensryche shows in my time

This site has come along ways though. I love reading the set lists, and the community that has formed up around them is pretty good

Oh yeah, and I will forever love that picture she found about not using cheese wedges
Old 03-18-2008, 10:38 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

I like Metalsetlists now, but I do miss our old major posters.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
It's funny how much has changed in five years. I remember posting on the IMBB as a pro-Republican anti-alcohol non-Queensryche fan. I can't really imagine being called a Republican now I can't remember a large portion of my 21st birthday, and I've been to a few Queensryche shows in my time

This site has come along ways though. I love reading the set lists, and the community that has formed up around them is pretty good

Oh yeah, and I will forever love that picture she found about not using cheese wedges
The community that developed, that was really unexpected. Fuck reviews. I could write a book about the experiences this site has driven.

You never know... it may just be a case of the Republican Party leaving you, not you leaving it.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:47 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
The community that developed, that was really unexpected. Fuck reviews. I could write a book about the experiences this site has driven.

You never know... it may just be a case of the Republican Party leaving you, not you leaving it.

Yeah... I wasn't sure how this place would turn out when I first showed up here. I didn't really expect it to be a regular posting place though, that's for sure. This is definitely the board I spend the most time on. So if I'm not around much, I'm not around much on boards at all

Hmm, good point.