Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014

Old 03-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

KNAC Interviews Geoff Tate [Another Great Read]

Source: Jeff Kirby @ KNAC

KNAC has published a really long writeup and review with Geoff Tate from Queensryche. Here's a little clip to start the discussion....

KNAC.COM: Overzealous meaning the person is giving you an enormous bear hug and kissing you on the forehead?

TATE: Yeah, that can kind of get to you…(laughs) I don’t really let that shape my view of the person, but most of the time I’ve met artist or musicians, it has been a fairly positive experience.

KNAC.COM: I’ve also heard plenty of musicians say that although they realize that meeting a fan is something that person will carry with them throughout their life, it doesn’t change the fact that they are having a bad day and don’t feel like smiling through the fiftieth handshake they are supposed to do in Cleveland. I mean—maybe, I don’t’ feel like talking about the guitar solo on the fourth track off The Warning.

TATE: (laughs) Well, I’ll tell you--that conversation hardly ever happens. We hardly ever talk about the music in detail. It’s usually that they want to talk about when they met you or when they saw the band or what it meant to them at the moment. It’s cool. I like hearing those stories. It’s kind of interesting that when you meet five thousand people that four thousand of them might say the same thing.

KNAC.COM: That is kind of interesting because when I was talking to Mike about the interaction he would get with the fans, he told me that his conversations were really technical. Guitar enthusiasts can probably be that way though.

TATE: It has always been interesting to me how people hear music. Some people don’t hear any detail at all—they couldn’t tell you a verse section from a chorus section or even make out individual instruments. They just seem to hear it as a wall of sound. Other people though are very detail oriented, and that always amazes me.

I've had the opportunity to meet the band a couple of times now through their fan club but never quite made it backstage for the meet 'n greet. Have you met any of them? What was your experience

Last edited by hot_turkey_ed; 03-17-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

I met Overkill. Believe or not, too nervous to say anything.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:54 PM
The Cheese

I've been to one M&G, but I've met S. Rock and Whip a few times. I think they are all pretty nice. Scott is always really chatty and friendly. Whip was pretty reserved the first two times I met him, but at the M&G me and one of my friends actually had a conversation with him about "Neon Knights" and Black Sabbath and Dio and stuff. Stone is pretty fun to talk to as well. I've only met Ed once - the M&G - and he pretty much said nothing. Geoff was pretty friendly as well. We had a convo with him about saxophones, as my friend and I both play them as well. He was telling us that his favorite to play is tenor, blah, etc. Anyways, they seem like they're pretty nice guys.