Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

DragonForce -- Aberdeen, Scotland - September 18th, 2014
Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014

Old 03-24-2008, 07:26 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

I never see anyone with Dragon energy drinks, all I see is Monster. I try to think of something to mock that with, but it's just not as funny.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
I never see anyone with Dragon energy drinks, all I see is Monster. I try to think of something to mock that with, but it's just not as funny.
Whatever the drink was that made you think "Sperm-dragon."
Old 03-25-2008, 08:02 PM
D.B.B.

ok here goes nothing. i'm only putting one song per band cause if not, this list will be mostly maiden, metallica, and slayer songs.

1. Wait and Bleed - SlipKnot
now most of u are gonna say "slipknot???? " but they, i like this song. this was the band that got me into metal. this was the song that got me into this band. i still ask myself the same question over and over again, if this band wasn't mtx mototrax (video game), would i have ever gotten into metal? probably, but it wouldn't have been the same.

2. Through the Fire and the Flames - DragonForce
another band that most of u won't like. now i'm not one of those people that only like this song because of the fact that it's on guitar hero, nor is it the only song i listen to from the band. it is in fact the first song i heard from the band. this is how it all began. my friend was talking to his friend about a new band on the scene that were gonna play ozzfest, and how they have the best guitar duo out right now. he mentions some crazy japanese guy who can play at the speed of light. i didn't really care at first. then i spent christmas in vegas, where i was watching a music video channel. this song came on and the rest is history...

3. Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns n' Roses
Great song! i had always listened to welcome to the jungle, but this is the song that got me into GnR. Classic power ballad. I've over played it, but it still never gets old.

4. Aces High - Iron Maiden
My Favorite band!!!!! this song made me into a maiden fan. i had always had the essiental iron maiden album, but never listened to it that much. mainly because me playing thps4 and hearng the number of the beast played over and over again kinda got boring. but then my ipod got fucked up. so my friend puts all his music in there. that included almost all of the maiden albums. like i said before, the rest is history...

5. Faithfully - Journey
Seriously. can u think of a better power ballad??????? when u hear this song, u can't help but cry lol jk

6. Rock n Roll all Night - KISS
i saw this band when i was very little. like 12 i think. wasn't the band that got me into metal, but man did i enjoy this song. i was a kiss fan at a young age!

7. Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
same as the kiss one, but i didn't see him live. loved the song, but wasn't a metalhead yet.

8. Enemy of God - Kreator
My favorite song ever. the power, the energy, the anger!!!! that mixed in with my hatred for christianity (for all of u who are christians, 2 bad lol) this song proved to be my anthem. let me cleaar things up right now though. i ain't a satanist! well yeah i know that there are more anti-christian songs out there that are more anit-christian then this, but there's something about this song that i love.

9. Breaking the Habbit - Linkin Park
Another band u won' like lol this was the first band that i liked. this is my favorite song from them. they may not be my favorite band, especially after their newest album haha but i like this and besides slipknot, this band is the most important band in my transformation to metalheadism.

10. Ressurection - Chimaira
at my first metal show, a little band named chimaira opened up. i did not know who the hell they were but after this set, i knew that this band wasn't ur ordinary opening band.

11. Quasi Putrefaction - ChthoniC
i knew about this band a little before there apperance on ozzfest and i've never heard anything like them. their use of the hena instrument was a very new experiance and this song remains to be one of my favorite all time songs. they are also one of my favorite bands so yeah, i fucken love them. plus in my opinion, doris is the hottest chick in metal

12. When I'm Gone - Eminem
I know, it's not a metal song. but music wise i'm 10% rap. nowadays rap sucks lol so i tend to listen to older rap. but the one "newer" rapper that i love is eminem. He has talent. plus i love his song writing abilities. his music has gotten me through hard times and still does. he's a musical genious that everyone should atleast respect.

13. Tornado of Souls - Megadeth
i forgot who else put this one on theirs but the way they discribed it was just the way i see it so just look at his because i'm to lazy to type it all

14. Fade to Black - Metallica
Favorite metallica song and it's on my favorite album of all time Ride the Lightning.there came a time in my life where i was kinda hating it. this song got me through it. i look back at it as it described exactly how i felt and i thank this song for helping me out. this song shows that music can infact be medicine.

15. No Boundarise - Michael Angelo Batio
this song live is the master of all guitar solos. micheal angelo batio is my guitar idol and when i saw this song live, something changed in me. it was like i just saw an angel lol well yeah this song kicks ass

16. Cemetery Gates - Pantera
long after Dimebags death, he is still prasied. this is a good example why.

17. Killing in the Name Of - Rage Against the Machine
When i first heard this band, i thought to myself, this is exactly how i feel. they have my attitude. i have their additude! plus the guitar sound is wicked!!!!!!!! i love this band!!!!

18. Raining Blood - Slayer
the song that got me into this band. it's a classic. may not be my favorite song from them, but it's one hell of a why to get introduced to a band. all hail slayer

19. Panama - Van Halen
the chorus is so catchy it's not even funny. song that got me into Van Halen. the one thing i don't like is the video. Can it get anymore hair metal???

20. Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers
great song. try listening to this song one day with an inscent stick burning and a lava lamp, plasma lamp, and water fountian with a lamp runing. greatest feeling ever!!!! get ur lighters out people
Old 03-25-2008, 10:19 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Ugh, thats gotta be one of the most overrated songs of all time. It's got a cool intro part for sure, but after that.... which says alot about the general population's attention span.
Well other than the intro riff and the solo, its not much of a metal song, due to Randy Rhoads' leftover Quiet Riot sound. But its still a great song.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:02 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

My list- not at all complete but as close as I can get it, in alphabetical order

AC/DC - TNT
Nothing gets a misfit kid in middle school going like yelling 'oi' to a song that essentially means fuck off or else I'll kick your ass. My equivalent to "my first time hearing s1ipkn0t"

Alice in Chains - Would?
One of my favorite songs, I don't know why

Black Sabbath - War Pigs/Luke's Wall
Essential, with a great message. One of my first albums and still a favorite.
- Into the Void
Come up with your own explaination but I hold this one close.

CCR - Run Through the Jungle
Another Vietnam song, one that you hear subliminaly throughout your life on the radio and tv that I've began to appreciate recently

The Expendables - Keep It Up
Great stoner music, timeless story. Marley meets Maiden towards the end of it.

Judas Priest - Victim of Changes
Everybody has a moment of pure ecstacy at a show burnt into their mind.
The last rays of the sun, the empty sky, the summer breeze and "she was beautiful, she was mine...."

Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same
You can't just have one Zeppelin track, you have to have them all. But if it has to be one, this is it. Good memmories.

Mastodon - This Mortal Soil
Heavy, groovy, melodic and trippy all in one package.
- Iron Tusk
Heavy-er

Meshuggah - Future Breed Machine
For me, a song that grabs you by the balls the first time, and never gets old. It made me say "holy shit, what is this, I need to get it"

Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls
Some things you just don't forget. Like sitting in the passenger seat of the car in the grocery store parking lot listening to the radio. A song comes on and you say "holy shit, what is this, I need to get it"

Ozzy Osbourne - Over the Mountain
Randy Rhoads at his best and one of the first difficult solos I tackled

Pantera - I'm Broken
Classic shit. The 13 year old boys have good reason to be all over Dime's balls.

Primus - Jerry Was A Racecar Driver
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater anyone? Frank Zappa goes metal.

Rush - The Spirit of the Radio
My favorite Rush song, but its sad that the message has little meaning to anyone anymore

Slayer - Jesus Saves
Unlike Raining Blood and Angel of Death for alot of people, this one actually gets you thinking and has an effect on my religious views.

Soundgarden - 4th of July
Heavy as hell with a great melody, best Soundgarden song IMO

Strapping Young Lad - Love?
Instant classic, good memmories.

Suicidal Tendencies - Cyco Vision
Essentially "fuck bullshit" in refined musical form.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:44 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
ok here goes nothing. i'm only putting one song per band cause if not, this list will be mostly maiden, metallica, and slayer songs.

1. Wait and Bleed - SlipKnot
now most of u are gonna say "slipknot???? " but they, i like this song. this was the band that got me into metal. this was the song that got me into this band. i still ask myself the same question over and over again, if this band wasn't mtx mototrax (video game), would i have ever gotten into metal? probably, but it wouldn't have been the same.

2. Through the Fire and the Flames - DragonForce
another band that most of u won't like. now i'm not one of those people that only like this song because of the fact that it's on guitar hero, nor is it the only song i listen to from the band. it is in fact the first song i heard from the band. this is how it all began. my friend was talking to his friend about a new band on the scene that were gonna play ozzfest, and how they have the best guitar duo out right now. he mentions some crazy japanese guy who can play at the speed of light. i didn't really care at first. then i spent christmas in vegas, where i was watching a music video channel. this song came on and the rest is history...

3. Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns n' Roses
Great song! i had always listened to welcome to the jungle, but this is the song that got me into GnR. Classic power ballad. I've over played it, but it still never gets old.

4. Aces High - Iron Maiden
My Favorite band!!!!! this song made me into a maiden fan. i had always had the essiental iron maiden album, but never listened to it that much. mainly because me playing thps4 and hearng the number of the beast played over and over again kinda got boring. but then my ipod got fucked up. so my friend puts all his music in there. that included almost all of the maiden albums. like i said before, the rest is history...

5. Faithfully - Journey
Seriously. can u think of a better power ballad??????? when u hear this song, u can't help but cry lol jk

6. Rock n Roll all Night - KISS
i saw this band when i was very little. like 12 i think. wasn't the band that got me into metal, but man did i enjoy this song. i was a kiss fan at a young age!

7. Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
same as the kiss one, but i didn't see him live. loved the song, but wasn't a metalhead yet.

8. Enemy of God - Kreator
My favorite song ever. the power, the energy, the anger!!!! that mixed in with my hatred for christianity (for all of u who are christians, 2 bad lol) this song proved to be my anthem. let me cleaar things up right now though. i ain't a satanist! well yeah i know that there are more anti-christian songs out there that are more anit-christian then this, but there's something about this song that i love.

9. Breaking the Habbit - Linkin Park
Another band u won' like lol this was the first band that i liked. this is my favorite song from them. they may not be my favorite band, especially after their newest album haha but i like this and besides slipknot, this band is the most important band in my transformation to metalheadism.

10. Ressurection - Chimaira
at my first metal show, a little band named chimaira opened up. i did not know who the hell they were but after this set, i knew that this band wasn't ur ordinary opening band.

11. Quasi Putrefaction - ChthoniC
i knew about this band a little before there apperance on ozzfest and i've never heard anything like them. their use of the hena instrument was a very new experiance and this song remains to be one of my favorite all time songs. they are also one of my favorite bands so yeah, i fucken love them. plus in my opinion, doris is the hottest chick in metal

12. When I'm Gone - Eminem
I know, it's not a metal song. but music wise i'm 10% rap. nowadays rap sucks lol so i tend to listen to older rap. but the one "newer" rapper that i love is eminem. He has talent. plus i love his song writing abilities. his music has gotten me through hard times and still does. he's a musical genious that everyone should atleast respect.

13. Tornado of Souls - Megadeth
i forgot who else put this one on theirs but the way they discribed it was just the way i see it so just look at his because i'm to lazy to type it all

14. Fade to Black - Metallica
Favorite metallica song and it's on my favorite album of all time Ride the Lightning.there came a time in my life where i was kinda hating it. this song got me through it. i look back at it as it described exactly how i felt and i thank this song for helping me out. this song shows that music can infact be medicine.

15. No Boundarise - Michael Angelo Batio
this song live is the master of all guitar solos. micheal angelo batio is my guitar idol and when i saw this song live, something changed in me. it was like i just saw an angel lol well yeah this song kicks ass

16. Cemetery Gates - Pantera
long after Dimebags death, he is still prasied. this is a good example why.

17. Killing in the Name Of - Rage Against the Machine
When i first heard this band, i thought to myself, this is exactly how i feel. they have my attitude. i have their additude! plus the guitar sound is wicked!!!!!!!! i love this band!!!!

18. Raining Blood - Slayer
the song that got me into this band. it's a classic. may not be my favorite song from them, but it's one hell of a why to get introduced to a band. all hail slayer

19. Panama - Van Halen
the chorus is so catchy it's not even funny. song that got me into Van Halen. the one thing i don't like is the video. Can it get anymore hair metal???

20. Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers
great song. try listening to this song one day with an inscent stick burning and a lava lamp, plasma lamp, and water fountian with a lamp runing. greatest feeling ever!!!! get ur lighters out people

You are so lame.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:43 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
You are so lame.
ok... why is that
Old 03-26-2008, 10:07 AM
N00B

Quote:
You are so lame.
Succinct
Old 03-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
ok... why is that
Very funny mike.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

Quote:
You are so lame.
That was rude.