Saint Vitus -- London, England -- October 29th, 2014
King Diamond -- Seattle, WA -- October 28th, 2014
King Diamond -- Salt Lake City, UT -- October 26th, 2014
Raven -- San Francisco, CA -- October 27th, 2014

Old 03-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

ICED EARTH Annouces New Bass Player

Source: Iced Earth

Freddie Vidales from Phoenix, Arizona has been selected to pound the pavement (and a few eardrums) on the road with Iced Earth in 2008 as the band's new bass player. Prior to joining ICED EARTH, Freddie was the bassist and frontman for 10 years in his own band called, INFUSION. Freddie has been influenced by bands such as Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Death, King Diamond, and of course, ICED EARTH.

Says Jon Schaffer, "I feel like Freddie is the right guy for the gig, he has the chops, the attitude, and from the videos I've seen, a commanding, energetic, and intense stage presence that will fit in nicely with what Iced Earth has always strived to be. I had a strong feeling about him based on the material that he sent and our phone discussions, so I asked him to fly up here before the slated auditions were to commence later in the month. After meeting Freddie in person and watching him play up close and personal, I didn't feel the need to continue the search. He's going to fit right in. We welcome him on board and look forward to jamming together at our first gig at Chicago Powerfest on May 2!

Finally, I would like to personally thank everyone who auditioned for the position, and I wish you the best in your future endeavors!"

Sometimes I think we should host an Iced Earth band member death (longetivity is probably a better.. hey, most of us like this band) pool together on who is going to leave the band next or get booted.