Warrior -- San Marcos, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

I think it's pretty safe to say they will switch up the setlist over time. Especially for the 2nd and 3rd legs of the tour.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:46 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
That might just be the most predictable setlist they could have played aside from Moonchild.

No Stranger? No CSIT? No Seventh Son? No Infinite Dreams? The usual over-played songs from Beast? Fear of The Dark? For fuck sakes.

Boring. As. Fuck.
100% agreed. This is exponentially dissapointing.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:53 PM
In Search of Truth

Now THIS should have been the set list:

1.Caught Somewhere In Time
2.2 Minutes to Midnight
3.The Evil That Men Do
4.Wasted Years
5.The Trooper
6.Infinate Dreams
7.Rime of the Ancient Mariner
8.Stranger In a Strange Land
9.The Clairvoyant
10.Powerslave
11.Revelations
12.Number of the Beast
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.Moonchild
15.Alexander the Great
16.Hallowed Be thy Name

I think everyone could've gone home happy with that. It's got all the logical stuff except two songs for two reasons:
Can I Play With Madness: Always fucking blows live because they can't begin to recreate the backing vocals.
Aces High: Bruce couldn't sing it live in 1984 for fuck's sake. I'm cringing at the thought of it now.
The rest of the set is predictable hits to keep the average fan satisfied as well as a few nice surprises to make it an amazing show.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:54 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I think it's pretty safe to say they will switch up the setlist over time. Especially for the 2nd and 3rd legs of the tour.
Correct, they're gonna drop 2 or 3 songs for the US dates.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:52 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Aces High: Bruce couldn't sing it live in 1984 for fuck's sake. I'm cringing at the thought of it now.
I'm very tired of hearing this. He fucked up on the live album, we get it. Listen to bootlegs from fucking '99 and he sounds fine.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Don't remind me.

One of the drops will probably be "Fear Of The Dark," Maiden are a bit lazy on the whole "replacement" thing.

But it terms of calling the set "lazy", I'm inclined to think not so much. I think the fact that everyone knew that "Rime Of the Ancient Mariner" was gonna be played made them forget that it hasn't been played in 20 fucking years. "Moonchild" as well, although no one would have guessed that one was coming. And even though Maiden have had more recent experience playing them on Ed Hunter, its great to see Aces High, Wasted Years and Powerslave (esp-fucking-ecially Powerslave) back in set. I've noticed that about half the set is from the "latter days" so I guess that's cool, but what's with them not playing anything from Killers?

Also, it needs to be said: "Heaven Can Wait" has become a novelty fan song. If they didn't have that "whoa oa oa" part (which was cute at first, but the way that milk it makes it so contrived), for the fans to come out and sing, they would have stopped playing it back in 87. I mean its cool that Maiden give the opportunity for a few contest winners to sing on stage with them, but why don't they just do that with the choruses of The Trooper and Run To The Hills? It's less time for rehearsing and we can bring out some underplayed SIT songs.

If I could make any changes, I'd replace Trooper with Flight Of Icarus, Revelations with Genghis Khan and Killers (I've already seen Revelations live anyway ), Fear Of The Dark with 7th Son Of A 7th Son, and Heaven Can Wait with Caught Somewhere In Time.

Nonethehless, I'd still go see this set...if they played any other dates besides NY and California.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

Quote:

And about Aces High: There's a video of it live from Mumbai on Youtube, and I think Bruce sounds fine.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Maiden Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post

And about Aces High: There's a video of it live from Mumbai on Youtube, and I think Bruce sounds fine.
I think so to
Old 02-03-2008, 02:34 PM
N00B

Ive got no problems with the set. The fact that Im seeing Maiden is enough for me and the songs are still great.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:15 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
I'm very tired of hearing this. He fucked up on the live album, we get it. Listen to bootlegs from fucking '99 and he sounds fine.
No he doesn't. I have the Out of the Silent Planet single with the live version of AH on there. It's far from fine.
Don't get me wrong. From the audience perspective I will enjoy seeing Aces a ton, but if they're planning on recording it for anything, count me out. It just upsets me because Caught Somewhere In Time REALLY should have been this set's opener.

Tags
iron maiden