04. The Legend Of Huma
05. One Step Beyond
06. Same Old Lines
07. Rain
08. Against The Wind + Guitar Duel
09. The Richest Man
10. Limb From Limb
11. I Am Death + Bon Jovi 'Livin on a Prayer' interlude

Last edited by Aussie Metalchild; 01-22-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:01 AM
In Search of Truth

Thanks a million for posting this! I'm probably like the biggest Dungeon/Lord fan in North America, and always glad to see people who are into them.

Assuming you saw the gig yourself, I take it that it was incredible?
Old 01-23-2008, 07:28 AM
...and Forevermore our Union will Remain

Really good setlist! Though i would change out The Legend Of Huma and One Step Beyond to Tarranno Del Mar and Freedom.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:45 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human_Metal View Post

Really good setlist! Though i would change out The Legend Of Huma and One Step Beyond to Tarranno Del Mar and Freedom.
Legend of Huma is probably one of the 5 best Dungeon songs. It's really tough though... just about everything Tim has done is excellent.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:31 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Thanks a million for posting this! I'm probably like the biggest Dungeon/Lord fan in North America, and always glad to see people who are into them.

Assuming you saw the gig yourself, I take it that it was incredible?
Yeah I was there, it was great fun There's a short review floating around from the show which was published in a Sydney magazine/newspaper. I'll try and find it and put it in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human_Metal View Post

Tarranno is usually a common song in the set and Freedeom has never been played live. Cool song though!

It was also the first time that One Step Beyond had been played live by LORD
Old 01-24-2008, 05:47 AM
...and Forevermore our Union will Remain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Legend of Huma is probably one of the 5 best Dungeon songs. It's really tough though... just about everything Tim has done is excellent.
It has never been any of my favourite Dungeon songs, still it's a really nice song!
Old 01-24-2008, 03:20 PM
N00B

Here's that review which was published in Sydney's 'Drum Media'

Quote:
Continuing where Australia's premier metal band Dungeon left off after disbanding in 2005, LORD (who feature half of Dungeon's final line up) have taken the torch running and truly established themselves as a powerful live force. Once again the melodic quartet (as expected), delivered a sterling show to a receptive and full Empire Hotel on what was the final gig of their Aussie Ascendence tour. More on them later.

Although none of them can hold a candle to the behemoth that is LORD, the trio of young support bands do need a mention, albeit a brief one. Grim Demise, who were down a dedicated vocalist due to his firing earlier that evening, showed a lot of potential from what I saw of their melodic thrash. Anno Domini's gothified death metal set was well performed, yet degraded by a severe lack of variation in their formulaic material that made it seem like one very long song. Nevetherym who had the graveyard shift (post-LORD), did encourage some of the crowd to hang around after LORD had played with a progressive fusion of dramatic violin and guitar driven post-rock and metal. Not my cuppa' but a nice wind-down nonetheless.

Headliners LORD killed it. Even discounting the highly memorable material being played, the band was tight, engaging, energetic and entertaining for which they win abundant points alone. With plenty of crowd interaction, a plethora of lame (thus, doubly as amusing) jokes, and some good old solo-offs between frontman/guitarist Tim and newly recruited guitarist Mark, it was entertainment all round for their duration on stage. The set opened on a high with Footsteps In The Sand, before progressing through a mix of LORD and Dungeon material, highlights included Same Old Lines, Against The Wind, The Richest Man and an extended version of I Am Death complete with a Bon Jovi Livin on a Prayer interlude. It's doubtful a single attendee would tell you their $12 wasn't well spent, even if the main drawcard were the only band witnessed. Top show gents. Hats Off. - Pyro

Tags
lord