Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014

  #61  
Old 08-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is online now
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,241
Been checking out the new Rockhouse Guitar DVD with Alexi Laiho. He really shows a lot of different licks and riffs, it's pretty damn cool. I'd reccomend it to any Alexi fans.
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09-02-2008, 12:17 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave View Post
Been checking out the new Rockhouse Guitar DVD with Alexi Laiho. He really shows a lot of different licks and riffs, it's pretty damn cool. I'd reccomend it to any Alexi fans.
a) Do you have to be a guitar techy to appreciate it?

b) I've been trolling Bodom Setlists here, and even when they were first coming to America, the only song they played from Something Wild is "Deadnight Warrior." Does Alexi not like it or something?
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is online now
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
a) Do you have to be a guitar techy to appreciate it?

b) I've been trolling Bodom Setlists here, and even when they were first coming to America, the only song they played from Something Wild is "Deadnight Warrior." Does Alexi not like it or something?
a) No, not really.

b) Lake Bodom used to be played somewhat frequently. But yeah, Alexi doesn't care too much for SW.
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 09-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is online now
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,241
Been working through " The Psalm Of Lydia " by Nevermore. Jesus, those arpeggios in the intro are out of control.
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 09-04-2008, 07:18 AM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave View Post
b) Lake Bodom used to be played somewhat frequently. But yeah, Alexi doesn't care too much for SW.
It's just not -core enough for him.

__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is online now
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,241
I was wondering what kind amplification every one on here uses. I am currently saving up to get the Randall Gus G signature "Heaven And Hell" head but right now I play through a line 6 spider two half stack. I can get a good sound out of it, but overall I find the tone of line 6's to sound too processed. So what does every one else use?
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Last edited by Spiral_Slave; 07-19-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,928
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack. I absolutely fucking love it. The versatility is excellent and I am absolutely in love with the tones I set up for myself. I am certainly not thinking about upgrading any time soon.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-19-2009, 12:20 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
Vox Valvetronix AD Model

Tuuuuuubes.
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-19-2009, 08:03 PM
b_halperin b_halperin is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack. I absolutely fucking love it. The versatility is excellent and I am absolutely in love with the tones I set up for myself. I am certainly not thinking about upgrading any time soon.
awesome i have line 6 spider III also. it is a great amp.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 07-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_halperin View Post
awesome i have line 6 spider III also. it is a great amp.


I'd like the lead guitar sound on my band's CD to stand as a testament to the greatness of that amp. I could not be any happier with the lead tone.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:21 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008