Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014
Samhain -- Chicago, IL -- September 13th, 2014

  #131  
Old 06-20-2010, 11:00 AM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,235
Let's take a moment to appreciate the wonders of tube amplification.
__________________
8/20 High on Fire 4free
8/24 NIN/Soundgarden
11/16 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 06-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,927
I have to admit I've never been a huge fan of tube amps. I absolutely love my Line 6 because it's all digital... same exact tone anywhere, any time, any volume - no matter what.

And just out of curiosity, I own this model of guitar... if I decided to sell it, would anyone here possibly be interested?
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 06-20-2010, 11:21 AM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I have to admit I've never been a huge fan of tube amps. I absolutely love my Line 6 because it's all digital... same exact tone anywhere, any time, any volume - no matter what.


I'm so sick of my Spider 3. It's the same stale, digitized, shit tone every single day. I would kill to have a good tube amp, or a professional quality digital unit like the Fractal Axe FX (though that thing costs more than most tube heads).
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 06-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post


I'm so sick of my Spider 3. It's the same stale, digitized, shit tone every single day. I would kill to have a good tube amp, or a professional quality digital unit like the Fractal Axe FX (though that thing costs more than most tube heads).
You know you can design your own tones and save them, right? I find absolutely no shortage of versatility and quality possible with the amp.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 06-20-2010, 11:29 AM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
You know you can design your own tones and save them, right? I find absolutely no shortage of versatility and quality possible with the amp.
I know. I've had the thing for 3-4 years already. It's shit. It's versatile, in the sense that it can produce various shitty sounds, even compared to similar amps like the Peavey Vypyr, which absolutely blows the Line 6 out of the water. It just sounds fake. Nothing can compete with the rich, organic tone of a tube amp.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 06-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
I know. I've had the thing for 3-4 years already. It's shit. It's versatile, in the sense that it can produce various shitty sounds, even compared to similar amps like the Peavey Vypyr, which absolutely blows the Line 6 out of the water. It just sounds fake. Nothing can compete with the rich, organic tone of a tube amp.
Thanks. I guess I'll just disregard everything I've ever thought and ever been told about my tone and go sell my amp now, since you've just "told me how it is".

Last edited by Maiden33; 06-20-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 06-20-2010, 11:37 AM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,279
I'm not trying to bring you down for liking the amp or anything, but I personally hate it. I mean, whatever floats your boat, dude, but I was just giving my input on the matter.

But there is a reason why you don't see Jeff Loomis or Steve Vai playing a Spider...
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 06-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
I'm not trying to bring you down for liking the amp or anything, but I personally hate it. I mean, whatever floats your boat, dude, but I was just giving my input on the matter.

But there is a reason why you don't see Jeff Loomis or Steve Vai playing a Spider...
I think the reason you don't see big names playing Line 6 amps is because of the fact that they can afford to play whatever they want. I don't claim that it's the best thing out there, but for what I paid for it, I think it's fairly untouchable. But if I had my own endorsement deal with the amp company of my choice and access/money to whatever gear I wanted, I really doubt I'd make the same choice. But for a relatively affordable solid state head, the versatility it provides is excellent. And I know what you mean about processed, "fake" tone, but I think if you manipulate the amp, it's capable of a lot more than that.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 06-20-2010, 12:07 PM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,279
Fake, lifeless, digital... I don't know how many more ways you want me to describe it. Also, the truth of the matter is that you can get better for the money, for example the Peavey Vypyr, which is pretty much the same concept, but executed much better.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 06-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Fake, lifeless, digital... I don't know how many more ways you want me to describe it. Also, the truth of the matter is that you can get better for the money, for example the Peavey Vypyr, which is pretty much the same concept, but executed much better.
I didn't want you to describe it any more. I know what you're saying and agree to a point, but I disagree with your statement that that's all that it can do, as evidenced by my own guitar sounds I designed and use.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:13 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008