Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Fit For A King -- Detroit, MI -- October 21st, 2014
Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014

  #791  
Old 08-18-2012, 06:02 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,680
Just got Expendables 2 game on XBLA so I'll be playing that and CS Source on PC.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #792  
Old 08-27-2012, 10:08 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,836
I had to stop playing Skyrim on PS3 back in March because of that save file bug that occurs after around 65 hours of playing. I've been thinking about starting fresh with a new character, but have they fixed that glitch yet?

Is there somewhere I can download a patch for the PS3 for free (I ain't paying for that shit)?

Better still, has a patch been released that I can apply to my first character so I can finish off that story?
__________________
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
03/07 - Video Games Live

Last edited by adamclark52; 08-27-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #793  
Old 08-27-2012, 10:32 AM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I had to stop playing Skyrim on PS3 back in March because of that save file bug that occurs after around 65 hours of playing. I've been thinking about starting fresh with a new character, but have they fixed that glitch yet?

Is there somewhere I can download a patch for the PS3 for free (I ain't paying for that shit)?

Better still, has a patch been released that I can apply to my first character so I can finish off that story?
Turn off autosave, delete your game data (not save data), and redownload it the next time you put in your DVD. Worked wonders for me; mine hasn't crashed since.
__________________
11/22 Iceage
12/3 Peter Murphy
12/6 Cut Copy
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Reply With Quote
  #794  
Old 08-28-2012, 10:16 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
Turn off autosave, delete your game data (not save data), and redownload it the next time you put in your DVD. Worked wonders for me; mine hasn't crashed since.
So game data is the options and features and stuff, not my character stuck in limbo in the civil war quest?
__________________
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
03/07 - Video Games Live
Reply With Quote
  #795  
Old 08-28-2012, 10:38 AM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
So game data is the options and features and stuff, not my character stuck in limbo in the civil war quest?
I don't see how those two are connected, but yes. The game data is basically what the Skyrim disc downloads onto your PS3 to allow you to play the game. A driver, if you will.

On topic, finished Max Payne 3 two nights ago. Very impressed. Possibly my favorite linear shooter of the year.
__________________
11/22 Iceage
12/3 Peter Murphy
12/6 Cut Copy
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Reply With Quote
  #796  
Old 08-28-2012, 11:10 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
I don't see how those two are connected, but yes. The game data is basically what the Skyrim disc downloads onto your PS3 to allow you to play the game. A driver, if you will.

On topic, finished Max Payne 3 two nights ago. Very impressed. Possibly my favorite linear shooter of the year.
Seems to be running smoother but my character save file is still 13MB, will that cause any problems?
__________________
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
03/07 - Video Games Live
Reply With Quote
  #797  
Old 08-28-2012, 11:14 AM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Seems to be running smoother but my character save file is still 13MB, will that cause any problems?
Character save file?

Ooh, also: delete all of the save files which you no longer need. It's unbelievable how effective that is.
__________________
11/22 Iceage
12/3 Peter Murphy
12/6 Cut Copy
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Reply With Quote
  #798  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:37 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
Character save file?

Ooh, also: delete all of the save files which you no longer need. It's unbelievable how effective that is.
Yeah. Basically everytime I saved the file got larger and larger and larger. With every other game the save files usually hover around 5000KB's, with the Skyrim file I noticed it getting larger with every save but never thought it would be a problem. Once it hit 13MB's is when the lag issues started. And I mean bad lag, like when you used to try play Quake on a 486.
__________________
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
03/07 - Video Games Live
Reply With Quote
  #799  
Old 08-29-2012, 06:56 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
Tried out Lone Survivor recently. Fairly addicting and entertaining.
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #800  
Old 09-02-2012, 02:17 AM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,846
Finished Dragon Age: Origins last night, and promptly started Awakening. I've got all of the DLC's, so I shouldn't be done with this game anytime soon
__________________
11/22 Iceage
12/3 Peter Murphy
12/6 Cut Copy
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008