Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014

Old 08-09-2011, 08:18 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Downloading new drivers for my computer, so I'll give a highlight of my campaign so far:

My Russian empire is expanding. We've reached the medieval age, and have a nice monopoly on silver and horses. I could use more luxury resources, though, since my people are on the verge of unhappiness.

Genghis Khan didn't go to war with me, and opted instead to wage battle with Elizabeth of England, to the north. I'm wary, though. It's only a matter of time before he turns on me. Elizabeth has been showing some contention, too. I'd rather remain neutral and rake up money from trading, if possible. I also learned the hard way that you can only build as many units that require a resource as the amount of resources you hold. AKA, if I have 3 deposits of iron, I can only build 3 swordsmen. Much more tactical than I anticipated...
Civilization 5??
Old 08-09-2011, 08:37 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenpriest View Post
Civilization 5??
Dude, what else?
Old 09-05-2011, 06:48 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I've been playing Mass Effect 2 for about a month now. Unfortunately I'm a PS3 owner so yes, I've never played ME1, and I really wish I had. I've been able to piece together most of the backstory from reading on the internet but I know that a lot of the dramatic effect of some scenes is lost to me.

Aside from that it's a great game. I'm enjoying it more than the other game Bioware put out last year (Dragon Age: Origins) because the interface and menus are a lot easier to navigate, and combat is better. The maps and areas are thankfully small but plentiful. Too many games put way too much space into areas that you'll never need to visit.

But I can't help but compare it to every other sci-fi game/TV series I've ever seen, especially Star Wars. From the whole extra-galactical race threatening to wipe out everything, to most of the alien races and even the whole BIOTIC thing (reminds me of the Force a lot of the time).

Even though it is a better game on most fronts I still like Knights of the Old Republic better on the sole reason that it's Star Wars. If Bioware ever makes a Star Wars game this calibur then it'll probably be my favorite game of all time.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 09-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Hell Bent for Liquor

Thought about picking up Dead Island, but I think I'll save my $$ for Gears 3, since I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford both and I absolutely MUST have Gears 3 on launch day.
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Old 09-06-2011, 05:56 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenpriest View Post
Idk how many baseball video game fans are out there but I'm totally revisiting MVP baseball 2004. This game, even 7 years later destroys the games that 2K puts out, and sadly I don't own a PS3 so I can't play the Show
honestly the best baseball game was 2k10
Old 09-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

I just got the first one, and I love it so far. Which suprises me a bit, seeing as I couldn't get into the other action RPGs I've tried (Bioshock and Fallout 3). Usually me playing those kinds of games goes like this:
Phase 1: "I have no idea what I'm doing or where I'm supposed to go next."
Phase 2: Need to go into area swarming with enemies; only have 2 pistol rounds. Spend hours trying to get weapons and ammo.
Phase 3: Finally move on, get slaughtered. Trade in at Gamestop.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I just got the first one, and I love it so far. Which suprises me a bit, seeing as I couldn't get into the other action RPGs I've tried (Bioshock and Fallout 3). Usually me playing those kinds of games goes like this:
Phase 1: "I have no idea what I'm doing or where I'm supposed to go next."
Phase 2: Need to go into area swarming with enemies; only have 2 pistol rounds. Spend hours trying to get weapons and ammo.
Phase 3: Finally move on, get slaughtered. Trade in at Gamestop.
If you're talking about Mass Effect, I'm not sure about the first one but the second has been painfully easy so far (35 hours in). And even still, with a lot of those games (Fallout 3 included) you can change the difficulty at any point in the game to easy and back to normal at no consiquence on the story, you may just miss getting a trophy or something.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 09-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Nah, those things I mentioned haven't been a problem so far in Mass Effect. It's been fairly easy so far on Normal difficulty. I just need to get the hang of managing my squad and I'll be good. Oh, that's my one complaint so far: giving orders in battle is a very hit-and-miss proposition. The squad AI isn't great. I wish it were a bit more intuitive, like in the Rainbow Six: Vegas games.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Nah, those things I mentioned haven't been a problem so far in Mass Effect. It's been fairly easy so far on Normal difficulty. I just need to get the hang of managing my squad and I'll be good. Oh, that's my one complaint so far: giving orders in battle is a very hit-and-miss proposition. The squad AI isn't great. I wish it were a bit more intuitive, like in the Rainbow Six: Vegas games.
Yeah, I'm not much of a first person shooter player but I'd imagine that games like Rainbow Six and Call of Duty where combat is the focus do it a lot better.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 09-06-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
On the topic of squad AI, so far it's been pretty good for me. There have only been two or three battles where my squad has disappeared on me and hung me out to dry. If anything, this game has been the opposite of most games I've played with squads. Especially later in the game but my teammates are taking care of every enemy before I can get two shots off. Granted I tend to use my sniper rifle most often, but an enemy can just appear on the battlefield and just as I'm getting them in my sites (which doesn't take too long) one of my squadmates, especially Katsumi, takes them out.

I wish Star Wars: Battlefront had AI like that. I can't remember how many battles I had come down to the wire then when I see the stats at the end I see that the other 20 guys in my squad took care of 5-15% of the enemies.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation