Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014
Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014

Old 12-13-2007, 08:54 AM
Defender of the Faith

Calling all metalheads around Philly!

Hey so I wake up this morning and see a new forum WTF? Some crazy shit going on here... well I'm going to contribute...

I was curious to see if there are any drummers, bassists, guitarists, vocalists, ect... in the area. I live in Springfield which is a suburb of Philadelphia in Delaware County (not actually in delaware!!!) and I play guitar and do a little vocals here and there. I have been playing guitar for about 6 years now. I am looking to make my band Dark Twilight complete. Someone has described the music as "epic dark thrash power metal" which I know makes no sense but... I'd sum up the sound as the stylings of Iced Earth blended with Amon Amarth for extra muscle, throw in the sound of metal that was written by someone who listens to too much iron maiden and judas priest (haha 3 inches of blood), topped off with some Blind Guardian to stay classy. Odds are that very few people to no people live in my area (besides Nikki, you just shutup haha) but it never hurts to give it a shot. Maybe if I have some time I can throw a sample song on here that I recorded on my own (guitar bass vocals done by me + drum machine)
Old 12-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Regretting my username

When yo momma sits around Philly, she sits AROUND Philly.

Old 12-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Defender of the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
When yo momma sits around Philly, she sits AROUND Philly.

although that picture was pretty funny, I have no idea what my mom sitting around Philly has to do with this thread...
Old 12-14-2007, 06:45 AM
In Search of Truth

I honestly might be interested. My band of 3+ years isn't going very well right now, hell, it isn't going at all at the moment. I live up in Allentown, PA, which isn't super close but under the right circumstances I'd consider.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Defender of the Faith

Isn't allentown a good hour away from Springfield? I could be wrong, but I thought it was REALLY far. I should probably put up some sound samples so you know your not getting in a band that sounds like atreyu meets good charlotte or something like that... haha don't worry, its not that
Old 12-14-2007, 12:41 PM
N00B

SE PA represent! I'm in phoenixville...
Old 12-14-2007, 02:55 PM
One sexy Holy Father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I honestly might be interested. My band of 3+ years isn't going very well right now, hell, it isn't going at all at the moment. I live up in Allentown, PA, which isn't super close but under the right circumstances I'd consider.
Well if your drummer wouldn't have tried to see if fist on fridge made a cool sound it would be going a lot better.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:46 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Well if your drummer wouldn't have tried to see if fist on fridge made a cool sound it would be going a lot better.
Well, it's less about that and more about the fact that our singer is moving over a thousand miles away, we just lost our 2nd guitarist who's been with us since just after the inception, and our bassist is an average player and more or less mentally retarded.