Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Where all the white women at?

Maiden fans ruin everything.

This about the Priest...not Iron (we don't care about our American fans even though they're just as crazy as our european fans, but we hate still them) Maiden
Old 12-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylpriest View Post
Maiden fans ruin everything.

This about the Priest...not Iron (we don't care about our American fans even though they're just as crazy as our european fans, but we hate still them) Maiden
Old 12-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Defender of the Faith

Well this argument could go the EXACT same way in a few months. Just change AMOLAD to nostradamus, iron maiden to judas priest, number of the beast to breaking the law, living after midnight to run to the hills, and you got another thing comin to the trooper, and this is a 100% valid judas priest discussion about something that hasn't happened yet.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:43 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTwilight View Post
Well this argument could go the EXACT same way in a few months. Just change AMOLAD to nostradamus, iron maiden to judas priest, number of the beast to breaking the law, living after midnight to run to the hills, and you got another thing comin to the trooper, and this is a 100% valid judas priest discussion about something that hasn't happened yet.
Possibly, except for the fact that Rob Halford doesn't have a chip on his shoulder about remaining "current" because Dee Snider claimed that "Iron Maiden for the 2000's" was a laughable idea.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:51 AM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Possibly, except for the fact that Rob Halford doesn't have a chip on his shoulder about remaining "current" because Dee Snider claimed that "Iron Maiden for the 2000's" was a laughable idea.
Dee Snider is a dead man!!!

Old 12-02-2007, 07:53 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
His band's most recent release is an album of Christmas songs to the tune of his 80s hits. Dear kettle, you're black.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
His band's most recent release is an album of Christmas songs to the tune of his 80s hits. Dear kettle, you're black.
Yeah, take that Snider! The wrath of MetalSetLists is descending upon you....
Old 12-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

For those of you wondering what I'm talking about...

Metal Sludge: What hard rock/heavy metal band should give it up and call it a day?

Dee Snider: 'What hard rock or heavy metal band should give it up and call it a day,' he says, stalling for time while he reflects on the MANY hard rock and heavy metal bands who should give it up and call it. You know what? It's not so much that I think people should give it up and call it a day. I think people should stop being unrealistic with their expectations. And my peers kill me with this whole, you know, well, I got to give it to ya. Sorry Bruce! Sorry Dick (meaning Dickenson)! 'Iron Maiden for the 2000's.' You know, and they have this whole, like, you know, we're moving, we're continuing on where we left off, bigger and better. It ain't fucking happening! It's all an oldies show, and everybody should just accept it. And there's nothing wrong with an oldies show - that's what I'll be doing next year. Enjoy it for what it is! People coming to see it, maybe for the first time, maybe one last time. But nobody's picking up and putting on the denim and leather and the patches and startin' buyin' the records and following the band around. And I'm not just talking about Iron Maiden, I'm talking about all of those fucking bands. All of my peers. They all think - and you know what, KISS almost dodged the bullet when they first came together and they reunited, they seemed to have a clear picture. "We're giving you KISS, 1974, Destroyer tour, the music, the look. We're bringing you back to that time." And then when the stadiums started to be packed in, all of a sudden Gene's going (Dee impersonates Gene), "We're KISS, we're back, boom." And you got Psycho Circus, new costumes, new staging, and it didn't sell for shit! Because people are not going to start, guys in their thirties are not following the band again. Going for one last fucking hurrah. So, truth is, all of 'em! Everybody should pack it up. Do your fucking reunion tour. I'm doing it! That's cool! Who better to make money off your fucking legacy than you? We all deserve it, you know. But do it, and wave goodbye, and you know, and walk off stage. Don't fucking hang around like a fart in a paper bag!

Source: http://www.metalsludge.com/home/inde...=462&Itemid=52

And that was at the beginning of 2003, before their reunion got huge and the Christmas album came out.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:55 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Props to Dream Theater.
One of the few bands with a huge catalog that people can't bitch and moan about because they didnt hear what they wanted.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:04 AM
One sexy Holy Father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTwilight View Post
Yeah, this is supposed to be about Judas Priest. I mean, I've been listening to Iron Maiden for such a long time now, and I would just prefer to hear songs I've either never heard or heard once or twice live. Now some of these songs I've been familiar with longer than others... I don't care if its a hit or not. I couldn't tell you how many times I've listened to Alexander the Great in the car driving on the highway over the years, or listened to Look for the Truth whenever I felt stressed out over the years, ect.... you get the point, all these songs just have such an impact on me, and I've been listening to them so long they have became a part of me, so yes, I would prefer to hear Gangland over anything off AMOLAD, not because its a hit, just because its an older track. And I'm not saying Iron Maiden should be just a nostalgia act, I love the new CD, and the longer they make new material, the better, but I don't think you should put 110% of the focus on new material. I'm not going to post any more on this topic unless something intelligent comes up because this is obviously going nowhere, because everyone wants to be a prick pointing fingers "your not a true fan im a true fan blah blah blah" and all this other bullshit.
You're acting like such a n00b in this thread.
Closed Thread